Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Going for the night, so I'm deleting my premade YSMenu... hope everyone got it who needed it.
R4YSauto is still up.. instructions on the front page. Remember to delete TTMENU.SYS!!!!!

kam1kaz3k1d said:
Thanks for that
biggrin.gif

but now I'm getting the white screen with a "?" in a little red box that says "Menu" when I turn on my DS >_<

Based on what I've read in the past pages, am I missing TTMENU.sys or is that not necessary at all?

Sorry for all the questions, really appreciate you helping me out here though !
Just the opposite, you should delete TTMENU.SYS from the root of your card.
It should be auto re/created when you load up YSMenu or a game.
If you're still having problems, back up all your stuff to PC and then wipe your card clean, then copy just the premade you have and start it up. If it works, you can copy all your stuff back except for things for YSMenu (Skins and INI is fine).

felix123398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
help i've followed this exactly and I can open up the YSMenu but when i select a rom i get this error "Unsupported DLDI Name." Please tell me what to do.

kam1kaz3k1d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Just the opposite, you should delete TTMENU.SYS from the root of your card.
It should be auto re/created when you load up YSMenu or a game.
If you're still having problems, back up all your stuff to PC and then wipe your card clean, then copy just the premade you have and start it up. If it works, you can copy all your stuff back except for things for YSMenu (Skins and INI is fine).

Ah that worked !

Thanks for all the help
happy.gif

wiifan420

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried the cheats for Mario and Luigi 3? Everytime I select any cheats my game freezes at a white screen. However when I dont use any cheats the game runs perfectly. DSTT btw.

Madwaffler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok im not very experienced with DS firmwares(not even sure if thats what its called) but from my understanding r4 clone users have to upgrade to YSMenu for it to work?

Djarum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wiifan420 said:
Has anyone tried the cheats for Mario and Luigi 3? Everytime I select any cheats my game freezes at a white screen. However when I dont use any cheats the game runs perfectly. DSTT btw.

I got the same exact problem on a R4. I have no idea what is causing it.

kam1kaz3k1d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OmarGudnyz said:
I seem to be having the same problem as Felix... Might it be because I'm using an R4iSDHC..?

Found this from different thread on how to run YSMenu for that Flashcart

QUOTE(jruschme @ May 20 2009, 05:26 PM) It works!

A quick recap for those who just joined us...

The R4i-SDHC (and it's non-i version) are DSTT clones with a somewhat different menu system. In order to get YSMenu to run in an R4i-SDHC card, one has to resolve two issues:1. Fooling YSMenu into thinking it is running on a DSTT
2. Finding a (relatively) seamless way to run YSMenu.First, we need to set up YSMenu as normal. DO NOT patch it with the R4 DLDI driver! Instead, we want to leave the DSTT DLDI driver that it is already patched with and, instead, apply a patch to disable autopatching. (A suitable utility can be found on the DLDI wiki.) This is because the DLDI driver automatically patched by the R4i-SDHC (DEMON IO library) is not recognized by YSMenu, so it does not know what loader to use.

At this point, we can manually run YSMenu from the R4 menu. Now, normally, we would consider copying \YSMenu.nds to \R4.dat and booting directly into YSMenu. This won't work, however, as the firmware on the card seems to expect to see something in the R4.dat file and won't boot otherwise (displays an icon reading "MENU?"). Similarly, it doesn't appear that we can just copy YSmenu.nds to some other file and override the "Game" menu.

This leaves one option- take over the Moonshell button. For this we need to edit the file \R4iMenu\multimedia.ini and replace the contents with the path to YSMenu.nds. Once done, we can select YSmenu from the initial start screen.

banjojohn

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't got the slightest experience with YsMenu (heard of it but don't even know exactly what it is). Before I start messing it all up I'd like to know if my old Supercard CF can run YsMenu (and therefore also ML3)...??

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
banjojohn said:
I haven't got the slightest experience with YsMenu (heard of it but don't even know exactly what it is). Before I start messing it all up I'd like to know if my old Supercard CF can run YsMenu (and therefore also ML3)...??

No sorry mate, YSMenu is for AK2, DSTT and R4 only.

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
For me the download link doesn't work...

I tried to do the YSMenu... I did it as a custom NDS file... it didn't work. I deleted the old files didn't work. I used a clean rom didn't work.

What should I do???

banjojohn

Trophies
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
banjojohn said:

No sorry mate, YSMenu is for AK2, DSTT and R4 only.

Dang...well, thanks for the answer!

Mikecardii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question - is this fix confirmed to work all the way through the game? I don't want to be playing and have it hang up on a boss battle or something.

EDIT: also used Depravo's modified ysmenu and it worked PERFECTLY. Thanks a lot to the DSTT team, Yasu, Depravo, tc, and whoever else I'm forgetting to bring this game to use outdated R4 users.

OmarGudnyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kam1kaz3k1d said:
OmarGudnyz said:
I seem to be having the same problem as Felix... Might it be because I'm using an R4iSDHC..?

Found this from different thread on how to run YSMenu for that Flashcart

QUOTE(jruschme @ May 20 2009, 05:26 PM) It works!

A quick recap for those who just joined us...

The R4i-SDHC (and it's non-i version) are DSTT clones with a somewhat different menu system. In order to get YSMenu to run in an R4i-SDHC card, one has to resolve two issues:1. Fooling YSMenu into thinking it is running on a DSTT
2. Finding a (relatively) seamless way to run YSMenu.First, we need to set up YSMenu as normal. DO NOT patch it with the R4 DLDI driver! Instead, we want to leave the DSTT DLDI driver that it is already patched with and, instead, apply a patch to disable autopatching. (A suitable utility can be found on the DLDI wiki.) This is because the DLDI driver automatically patched by the R4i-SDHC (DEMON IO library) is not recognized by YSMenu, so it does not know what loader to use.

At this point, we can manually run YSMenu from the R4 menu. Now, normally, we would consider copying \YSMenu.nds to \R4.dat and booting directly into YSMenu. This won't work, however, as the firmware on the card seems to expect to see something in the R4.dat file and won't boot otherwise (displays an icon reading "MENU?"). Similarly, it doesn't appear that we can just copy YSmenu.nds to some other file and override the "Game" menu.

This leaves one option- take over the Moonshell button. For this we need to edit the file \R4iMenu\multimedia.ini and replace the contents with the path to YSMenu.nds. Once done, we can select YSmenu from the initial start screen.
So, uhh... do you know what it is that I need to apply the disable-autopatch patch to..? I'm kinda lost...

Kuragari Ryo

Demon Fox
Trophies
The House Within the Reflection, Ryo Manor
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Mm, so I went ahead and got ahold of the newest YSmenu and all that(Made it so it'll take the place of Moonshell), yet I still wind up with the button lock dealie.
I've tried it a couple of times, but it didn't want to work for me.

Also while creating the YSmenu, the thing brought up a cannot open TTMENU.DAT error. Was there something I missed somewhere? :wtf:

Mikecardii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N-TG said:
Damn at the users that can manage to make the YSMenu work... Can anybody PM me a link or something like that?

I beg them
frown.gif

Idk I just used the fix in the first post, formatted my sd card (backing up all of my stuff first, of course) and copied the firmware onto my formatted R4.

Moyukon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that certainly was a harrowing two week wait. Thanks to all involved!

So, I just finished the tutorial fight with Bowser, where are the other anti-piracy checks that I should watch out for?

MrCheco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
First of all, huge kudos to everyone who made this possible, it works like a charm. Also, what have I made all my life without YSMenu? I'm a moron.

Thanks from a proud R4 owner, the good ole one has a reason to be again. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Do rappers rap like Dr. Seuss to sell novels