OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tenkai said:
HOLD UP does that mean r4 sdhc wont work???
cry.gif
mad.gif
R4SDHC is a clone of the R4 (and not something else like the R4Ultra) if I'm not mistaken...
If so that means it can run YSMenu... which means that this will work.

Czernobog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
tenkai said:
HOLD UP does that mean r4 sdhc wont work???
cry.gif
mad.gif
R4SDHC is a clone of the R4 (and not something else like the R4Ultra) if I'm not mistaken...
If so that means it can run YSMenu... which means that this will work.

When I try to use ysmenu on my R4 sdhc card, I just get a white screen on any game I try to load.

Machneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a R4SDHC I got the YSmenu to work and I started M&LBIS but I still couldn't pick a save file...though the Mic test works now...
unsure.gif

Any idea what I may have missed? Cause I double checked and still the same problem.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Machneo said:
I have a R4SDHC I got the YSmenu to work and I started M&LBIS but I still couldn't pick a save file...though the Mic test works now...
unsure.gif

Any idea what I may have missed? Cause I double checked and still the same problem.
Delete TTMENU.SYS from your root and it should be recreated when you start up or start a game.

Czernobog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you walk me through what you did to get ysmenu to work on your SDHC, machneo?

Also, when I try to get new firmware for my sdhc card from r4sdhc.com I get stuck on the loading screen.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mad_z said:
All it is, is a premade YSMenu.. most likely using DSTT 1.17a07.
If you can't get R4YSAuto to work (especially the one updated/fixed by Depravo/myself) -- which amounts to answering simple questions -- then getting a game to work shouldn't be your highest priority.

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
w00t, My R4 is working fine with the new ysmenu+moonshell2. It's definitely an improvement over a somewhat old ysmenu. Game works fine so far.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kafke said:
w00t, My R4 is working fine with the new ysmenu+moonshell2. It's definitely an improvement over a somewhat old ysmenu. Game works fine so far.
Yeah. I've noticed a pretty substantial increase in ROM loading times on the newer games...

Davideogamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the premade version, and I'm still getting a black screen after save select. I'm doing this on a Linux computer, though that shouldn't effect it, I just wanted to point out. And yes, I did delete the TTDS.SYS file before AND after and still to no avail.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Davideogamer said:
I used the premade version, and I'm still getting a black screen after save select. I'm doing this on a Linux computer, though that shouldn't effect it, I just wanted to point out. And yes, I did delete the TTDS.SYS file before AND after and still to no avail.
TTDS.SYS?
or TTMENU.SYS?

What card do you have?
Which premade version did you use? there's about 5 of them floating around.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
twiztidsinz said:
Kafke said:
Yeah. I've noticed a pretty substantial increase in ROM loading times on the newer games...
That's down to the updated infolib.dat file that came with the new unofficial DSTT firmware. If you want new games added to the database between these 'official' unofficial updates then this is the guy you need to talk to - http://sites.google.com/site/weeklyinfolib/

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Ugh! It won't let me select a file to start a new game. I've followed all the steps provided here. I'm using an original R4.

Can anyone please upload their TTMenu folder and YSMenu.nds to rapidshare and send me the link via PM?

Thanks.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
That's down to the updated infolib.dat file that came with the new unofficial DSTT firmware. If you want new games added to the database between these 'official' unofficial updates then this is the guy you need to talk to - http://sites.google.com/site/weeklyinfolib/Nice... Bookmarked.

I should start reading the DSTT forums more often since I'm using YSMenu
tongue.gif

QUOTE(.Darky @ Sep 27 2009, 09:11 PM) Ugh! It won't let me select a file to start a new game. I've followed all the steps provided here. I'm using an original R4.

Can anyone please upload their TTMenu folder and YSMenu.nds to rapidshare and send me the link via PM?

Thanks.
Did you delete TTMENU.SYS?

Davideogamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Davideogamer said:
TTDS.SYS?
or TTMENU.SYS?

What card do you have?
Which premade version did you use? there's about 5 of them floating around.

I meant to say TTMENU.SYS, yeah. It's on a real R4, and I was using the one you posted on page 2. As I side-note, I can't follow the instructions normally due to the fact that Linux can't capably run .bat files, hence why I needed to use a premade version. Any advice here?

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
twiztidsinz said:
.Darky said:
Ugh! It won't let me select a file to start a new game. I've followed all the steps provided here. I'm using an original R4.

Thanks.
Did you delete TTMENU.SYS?
Yes, it's not working.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Davideogamer said:
I meant to say TTMENU.SYS, yeah. It's on a real R4, and I was using the one you posted on page 2. As I side-note, I can't follow the instructions normally due to the fact that Linux can't capably run .bat files, hence why I needed to use a premade version. Any advice here?
Probably not the easiest, but to cut through all the BS and problems...
Copy your files to PC, wipe everything off then put the files from the premade on the empty card and copy M&L3 over and try it.
If it works, copy your other games and other stuff except for YSMenu.

Davideogamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Davideogamer said:
Probably not the easiest, but to cut through all the BS and problems...
Copy your files to PC, wipe everything off then put the files from the premade on the empty card and copy M&L3 over and try it.
If it works, copy your other games and other stuff except for YSMenu.

I have to format the card anyway when switching what flash-card programs are running on there (originally using R4 1.23). The interface itself works, and it does let me get as far as selecting a save file, but after I do I just get a hanging black screen. Unaccounted-for problems like these are usually the result of running an OS not originally designed for it to work with, but there's nothing here that it should have conflictions with since I'm not running any programs when using the premade.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
So, I've formatted the MicroSD and it's still not working... I can't select a file because the controls are blocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: