OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Davideogamer said:
I have to format the card anyway when switching what flash-card programs are running on there (originally using R4 1.23). The interface itself works, and it does let me get as far as selecting a save file, but after I do I just get a hanging black screen. Unaccounted-for problems like these are usually the result of running an OS not originally designed for it to work with, but there's nothing here that it should have conflictions with since I'm not running any programs when using the premade.
Well, good luck!
I'll help you as best I can, but I honestly don't know too much about fixing problems I haven't run into myself
tongue.gif
and so far, my R4 has been pretty problem free.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
^ Thanks a lot, man. It actually worked, which means I was doing something wrong before. : /

Btw, nice skin. ;o

Davideogamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FFFFFF-, okay, I'm sorry. Turns out it was something with the rom I had (it might've been pre-patched or something). I downloaded a different one and it worked fine. Thanks a lot for your help!

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Davideogamer said:
FFFFFF-, okay, I'm sorry. Turns out it was something with the rom I had (it might've been pre-patched or something). I downloaded a different one and it worked fine. Thanks a lot for your help!
lol, Glad you got it working in the end...
Happy gaming!

gurrry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an M3Simply, and a Mac computer. The files the OP posted wont work on my IMac because they are .exe .

Anyone have links to the direct files that I need for this fix?

kam1kaz3k1d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you mind helping me with this problem?

Every time I run R4.bat, it gets to the point where it starts extracting YSMenu0903270000.zip then it keeps giving me an error saying data is missing or disk is full. Seeing as I have 50GB+ free on my hard drive, any suggestions to get past this?

Also, I'm using a R4i-SDHC card and from what I understand its a clone of DSTTi...will I be able to use this fix to play ML3 or am I just wasting my time >_<

Thanks for the help !

TheBrenguin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I'm kinda a newbie and I made the uh r4_custom_english or w/e and I have a empty sd card. I took all the files from the r4_custom and put them on the sd card. Then I put the Mario and Luigi rom into the root with the other files. However when I go to turn on the DS with the R4 it is stuck at loading. Also I am using an R4III is that helps...

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gurrry said:
I have an M3Simply, and a Mac computer. The files the OP posted wont work on my IMac because they are .exe .

Anyone have links to the direct files that I need for this fix?http://www.mediafire.com/?wxtto2vzwi4

kam1kaz3k1d said:
Would you mind helping me with this problem?

Every time I run R4.bat, it gets to the point where it starts extracting YSMenu0903270000.zip then it keeps giving me an error saying data is missing or disk is full. Seeing as I have 50GB+ free on my hard drive, any suggestions to get past this?

Also, I'm using a R4i-SDHC card and from what I understand its a clone of DSTTi...will I be able to use this fix to play ML3 or am I just wasting my time >_<

Thanks for the help !Do you have YSMenu0903270000?
You need to grab it from Yasu's page: http://home.usay.jp/pc/etc/nds/

I'm not sure what card DSTTi or R4i SDHC are clones of, so I can't answer if it will work for you.

QUOTE(DonBren @ Sep 27 2009, 10:31 PM)
Ok so I'm kinda a newbie and I made the uh r4_custom_english or w/e and I have a empty sd card. I took all the files from the r4_custom and put them on the sd card. Then I put the Mario and Luigi rom into the root with the other files. However when I go to turn on the DS with the R4 it is stuck at loading. Also I am using an R4III is that helps...
Again, not sure about clones...
You could also try the premade YSMenu that I know works: http://www.mediafire.com/?wxtto2vzwi4

weeedin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it working on my R4SDHC, been playing for about an hour. Everything seems to be working great!

Thanks for the info guys!

gurrry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just to be sure.. All I need to do is replace the DS Menu with the one in the link that you provided for the M3 Simply, right?

I read something about MoonShell not being on this version or something. Does this even apply?

Obviously I dont know what im really talking about. But I really appreciate all the help your giving everyone. Its people like you that make this site worth while.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
@twiztidsinz

So we are now working under the assumption that Yasu has abandoned YSMenu?
tongue.gif

Works for me.Well.. to be honest, there seems to be an excessive number of issues with people using the r4ysauto to build their own YSMenu with the modified/updated DSTT.7z file (I had issue with it earlier today myself which was the reason for me modifying yours and uploading it).
In addition to that, there's about 5 different prebuilts floating around on GBAtemp alone, with people posting links to other forums for other prebuilts. And as callous as it sounds, one more isn't going to make a difference.
However, I will be removing mine later tonight as I had planned.

gurrry said:
So just to be sure.. All I need to do is replace the DS Menu with the one in the link that you provided for the M3 Simply, right?I believe so.. I don't think YSMenu is any different on M3 than R4...QUOTE(gurrry @ Sep 27 2009, 10:47 PM)
I read something about MoonShell not being on this version or something. Does this even apply?
To the best of my knowledge, Moonshell is completely independent, especially when run from an NDS file.
My prebuilt doesn't contain Moonshell because I don't have nor use Moonshell.
Your current version should work just fine.

TheBrenguin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
DonBren said:
Again, not sure about clones...
You could also try the premade YSMenu that I know works: http://www.mediafire.com/?wxtto2vzwi4

Hmm still the same thing..... idk what to do... its just stuck at "Loading..."

Someone else told me that YSmenu worked on the R4III, could it be because of your changes or something?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DonBren said:
Hmm still the same thing..... idk what to do... its just stuck at "Loading..."

Someone else told me that YSmenu worked on the R4III, could it be because of your changes or something?
The only changes made to R4YSAuto are the following:
+ Updated DSTT.7z -- Now uses 1.17a07
+ Inclusion of USERCHEAT.DAT
- Removed the lines which copy r4dldi.dat to the TTMenu folder -- Currently TTMENU.DAT doesn't contain the info which YSMenu uses to create the r4dldi.dat file resulting in a 0byte file. Removal allows for the pre-made (old) r4dldi.dat to be use instead.

R4III might require a different method of creating YSMenu than is provided by R4YSAuto.

kam1kaz3k1d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Do you have YSMenu0903270000?
You need to grab it from Yasu's page: http://home.usay.jp/pc/etc/nds/

I'm not sure what card DSTTi or R4i SDHC are clones of, so I can't answer if it will work for you.

Yeah I downloaded it, then put it into the same folder as the YSmenu you made.

When I run R4.bat, once it gets to the part where it's extracting from YSMenu0903270000.zip, it crashes halfway through. I'm not sure if the problem it self is the YSMenu0903270000 file I downloaded, but I've tried 3 different ones I've found, each with the same result...

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE said:
The only changes made to R4YSAuto are the following:
+ Updated DSTT.7z -- Now uses 1.17a07
+ Inclusion of USERCHEAT.DAT
- Removed the lines which copy r4dldi.dat to the TTMenu folder -- Currently TTMENU.DAT doesn't contain the info which YSMenu uses to create the r4dldi.dat file resulting in a 0byte file. Removal allows for the pre-made (old) r4dldi.dat to be use instead.

And changed the version of YSMenu that it looks for to make it compatible with the latest version (YSMenu0903270000).

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
And changed the version of YSMenu that it looks for to make it compatible with the latest version (YSMenu0903270000).Right... forgot about that one
tongue.gif

QUOTE(kam1kaz3k1d @ Sep 27 2009, 11:01 PM) Yeah I downloaded it, then put it into the same folder as the YSmenu you made.

When I run R4.bat, once it gets to the part where it's extracting from YSMenu0903270000.zip, it crashes halfway through. I'm not sure if the problem it self is the YSMenu0903270000 file I downloaded, but I've tried 3 different ones I've found, each with the same result...
Give this a try... http://www.mediafire.com/?wxtto2vzwi4
If that doesn't work, I dunno what to tell ya.

kam1kaz3k1d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Depravo said:
And changed the version of YSMenu that it looks for to make it compatible with the latest version (YSMenu0903270000).Right... forgot about that one
tongue.gif

QUOTE(kam1kaz3k1d @ Sep 27 2009, 11:01 PM) Yeah I downloaded it, then put it into the same folder as the YSmenu you made.

Give this a try... http://www.mediafire.com/?wxtto2vzwi4
If that doesn't work, I dunno what to tell ya.

Thanks for that
biggrin.gif

but now I'm getting the white screen with a "?" in a little red box that says "Menu" when I turn on my DS >_<

Based on what I've read in the past pages, am I missing TTMENU.sys or is that not necessary at all?

Sorry for all the questions, really appreciate you helping me out here though !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr