Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikkelsama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can anyone who managed to make M&L3 work on his R4 with this method make a zip of his root that concern moonshell & YSMenu and upload it?
I think it will resolve lots of problems/questions and would be nice.

Sanderino

I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
twiztidsinz said:
Sanderino said:
I have an R4, what options do I need to choose? And wich files do I need to copy to my Flashcart?
You will be prompted to answer...
it asks you things like which language, which card, do you want firmware/NDS ROM, etc... it's all simple.
When YSMenu finishes, it will make and open up R4_custom_.zip
Just copy those files to the root of your card and you'll be all set... It should be a TTMenu folder and _DS_MENU.DAT

huh.. wich card did u use then?

Czernobog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an R4 SDHC and whenever I try to load a ROM with ysmenu (using the r4ysauto) I just get a white screen. I've tried replacing the firmware, loading from moonshell and also using the auto-boot .nds. It creates the save, and then it just goes to white screen whenever it tries to load a game, even one that I've played before and had no trouble with using the original firmware. I'd really appreciate it if someone could assist me.

Sanderino

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
N-TG said:
Me too would like that... But the guy making YSMenu has forbidden the online complete YSMenu or he will stop making it....

No one comes to know it when the link of the file is with a vague name and sended to us in a private message.. Am I right?

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Well yeah... But who will send me a compiled ysmenu?
frown.gif

Sanderino

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can, but maybe i red the topic too quickly.. because I've already installed an older version on my DS.. Need to find that tutorial topic again i guess..

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sanderino said:
I can, but maybe i red the topic too quickly.. because I've already installed an older version on my DS.. Need to find that tutorial topic again i guess..
You need to make a new YSMenu... you do that the same way you did the first one... using R4YSAuto.
The instructions are right here... Just answer the questions R4.bat asks you and it will make it for you:QUOTE(twiztidsinz @ Sep 27 2009, 02:40 PM) 1). Run R4.bat and answer all the prompted questions according to your card
2). Press 'Enter' when it prompts you to press a key to continue
3). Copy the files to your flashcard (Delete the older files first, like TTMENU.SYS)
4). Copy an updated USRCHEAT.DAT to your TTMenu folder if you're using Depravo's
5). Copy r4dldi.dat to your TTMenu folder if you want to use Homebrew apps/games if you're using Depravo's
Then you just copy the files to your flash card and delete the TTMENU.SYS file.

Or you can use my premade version which is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?wxtto2vzwi4
But you will still need to copy the files over and delete TTMENU.SYS

Insonix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just download all the files listed on the OP, and run the program. IS extremely easy and it totally works, thanks!

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Akotan said:
Search for "EZ3in1+ NOR" to find the right YSMenu on Yasu's site
It's 6 months old...
If you mean to use the search as a marker for the YSMenu download, if Yasu updates, then it will be outdated so you should just search "DS(T_T)DS" since that's the header for the YSMenu download section.
However, take a look at his site... http://home.usay.jp/pc/etc/nds/
Running 1280x1024 with a non-maximized browser, 2/3rds of his layout is empty space. Plenty of room for an index of HTML Anchor bookmarks http://programming.top54u.com/post/HTML-An...-Tag-Links.aspx
It's his site, he can do what he pleases with it.. but he makes it so ridiculously difficult to navigate that it's not funny.

Insonix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just to know, a friend of mine has an N5, a R4 clone, and in the Ysmenu auto, you have the option to make a firmware for this card.

But it tells me about having to press a button to make ysmenu work, can someone explain that to me?

Akotan

Mathematical!
Trophies
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
Country
Brazil
twiztidsinz said:
Akotan said:
Search for "EZ3in1+ NOR" to find the right YSMenu on Yasu's site
It's 6 months old...
If you mean to use the search as a marker for the YSMenu download, if Yasu updates, then it will be outdated so you should just search "DS(T_T)DS" since that's the header for the YSMenu download section.
Running 1280x1024 with a non-maximized browser, 2/3rds of his layout is empty space. Plenty of room for an index of HTML Anchor bookmarks http://programming.top54u.com/post/HTML-An...-Tag-Links.aspx
It's his site, he can do what he pleases with it.. but he makes it so ridiculously difficult to navigate that it's not funny.

Sorry to ask but what's the difference between these files? The R4.bat ask about the file I mentioned earlier, right? Can I rename this newer file and the YSMenu will work?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Insonix said:
just to know, a friend of mine has an N5, a R4 clone, and in the Ysmenu auto, you have the option to make a firmware for this card.

But it tells me about having to press a button to make ysmenu work, can someone explain that to me?You have a real R4?
If you use R4YSAuto to make the firmware replacement you shouldn't need to press a button to boot YSMenu unless something else is loading first. The only thing you should have to press a button for is if your YSMenu is set to auto-boot/load a ROM.

Akotan said:
twiztidsinz said:
QUOTE(Akotan @ Sep 27 2009, 04:43 PM) Search for "EZ3in1+ NOR" to find the right YSMenu on Yasu's site
It's 6 months old...

Sorry to ask but what's the difference between these files? The R4.bat ask about the file I mentioned earlier, right? Can I rename this newer file and the YSMenu will work?
I'm not sure what you mean...
If you're asking what is the difference between YSMenu downloaded from Yasu's site, and R4YSAuto (which needs YSMenu), then the short answer is everything.
YSMenu is an NDS rom and a few executable files.
R4YSAuto takes YSMenu and convert/adapts it into a usable firmware for the R4 and its direct clones.
The R4YSAuto is written by Maikel Steneker.

If you're asking what is different between Maikel Steneker's R4YSAuto and the one found here by Depravo (and his version with my fixes), then the answer is very little.
the DSTT has been updated to v1.17a07 (Depravo) and includes USRCHEAT.DAT (Depravo) as well as r4dldi.dat (Depravo), with a slight modification to the script (me) and inclusion of the USRCHEAT.DAT and r4dldi.dat in the DSTT archive (me) so that you don't need to manually copy the files over.

Akotan

Mathematical!
Trophies
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Hahaha, me and my confusing thoughts!

I was asking what's the difference using the new YSMenu0903211700 file and the older YSMenu0903270000 file, needed by the R4.bat application. I downloaded the later and it worked with Mario and Luigi's RPG. If I renamed the newer file, what'll be the differences?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Akotan said:
Hahaha, me and my confusing thoughts!

I was asking what's the difference using the new YSMenu0903211700 file and the older YSMenu0903270000 file, needed by the R4.bat application. I downloaded the later and it worked with Mario and Luigi's RPG. If I renamed the newer file, what'll be the differences?
YSMenu0903211700 is older, not newer... Another gripe I have with Yasu, the newest version is often NOT the one posted in big letters.

0903211700 = 2009/03/21 17:00
0903270000 = 2009/03/27 00:00
And yet, 0903211700 is listed as the newest version.

As for the changes:QUOTE* History
+ 2009/03/26 17:00
- Replace the library for EZ3in1+ to the WANKO's one.
+ 2009/03/21 17:00
- Supports EZ3in1+

JohnnyLJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
STEP By STEP guide needed please on how to get Mario and Luigi working on the R4!! Im a Newbie and cant figure it out!! Sorry to be a pain but if some1 can get me or send me towards a Decent EASY newbie guide itd Be greatly appreciated! TIA
smile.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JohnnyLJ said:
STEP By STEP guide needed please on how to get Mario and Luigi working on the R4!! Im a Newbie and cant figure it out!! Sorry to be a pain but if some1 can get me or send me towards a Decent EASY newbie guide itd Be greatly appreciated! TIA
smile.gif
QUOTE(twiztidsinz @ Sep 27 2009, 02:40 PM) Two options:

Method A
1). Run R4.bat and answer all the prompted questions according to your card
2). Press 'Enter' when it prompts you to press a key to continue
3). Copy the files to your flashcard (Delete the older files first, like TTMENU.SYS)
4). Copy an updated USRCHEAT.DAT to your TTMenu folder if you're using Depravo's
5). Copy r4dldi.dat to your TTMenu folder if you want to use Homebrew apps/games if you're using Depravo's

Method B
1). Run R4config.bat and answer all the prompted questions according to your card
2). Run R4.bat and press 'Enter' when it prompts you to press a key to continue

The only difference is if you run R4config.bat it will save your settings to a file.
I would overall recommend the first method because this will hopefully be a temporary fix... if Yasu updates YSMenu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill