Gaming Mario Kart Time Trial Ruined

Vamosi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What a shame, had alot of fun trying to beat the times set across the world then i came across a time which was impossible to achive.

After some searching found this
Click here!

I've seen this done on the Luigi Circuit too by someone called Player, their time 01:00.386 lol.
Hope it gets sorted soon
frown.gif

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
on the GCN beach circuit there is a time of 34seconds if you download the ghost you see that they cheat after 1 lap
smile.gif

the time trail is like 1minute 34 seconds , i got 1 minute 39.

Well it is okay i guess Nintendo doesnt know much about online gaming and such
smile.gif
, hopefuly they be able to block any data from that friend code and rid the database of these cheaters
wink.gif

But then again pigs cant fly
smile.gif

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, there was a thread about this last nigth.

All you have to do, apparently, is, as you cross the line after the first lap, do a U-turn, then stop, and it causes some kind of glitch that ends the trial, and shows the signle lap time, as the total time for all 3 laps.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes this sucks. hope they fix it. there's no way I could ever make it into that top 10, but it still would be nice to at least try to beat the champion in a fair race.

seank

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All of the records on mine look pretty normal - has Nintendo already deleted the cheaters? I hope cheating doesn't become a problem, I want to keep my continental top 10 position for Rainbow Road
tongue.gif

shineget

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i personally kinda like the glitches, i spent hours getting all the n64 glitches down. and i had A LOT of fun playing wario stadium 4 player when we all knew how to glitch over the wall.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
shineget said:
i personally kinda like the glitches, i spent hours getting all the n64 glitches down. and i had A LOT of fun playing wario stadium 4 player when we all knew how to glitch over the wall.

glitching with friends offline yes, glitching online to cheat no.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
shineget said:

glitching with friends offline yes, glitching online to cheat no.

Yup ... too many people like to cheat now ... saps the life out of any game.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
thebobevil said:
Yup ... too many people like to cheat now ... saps the life out of any game.

yes i agree, having inf health in a game makes the game no challenge, it makes it boring most of the time, it's ok to mess about once in a while offline by yourself, but it spoils the fun for others when people cheat online.

wovva

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How do XBOX and PS3 deal with cheating online?

I played XBox Live a while ago and remember cheating being an issue on Halo 2, but it seems that the moment a game goes online, people screw it up by cheating. Is this going to be the curse of the online gaming age? Or is there a way to fix it?

p.s. MK Wii is amazing!

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thebobevil said:
Yeah, there was a thread about this last nigth.

All you have to do, apparently, is, as you cross the line after the first lap, do a U-turn, then stop, and it causes some kind of glitch that ends the trial, and shows the signle lap time, as the total time for all 3 laps.
so it's a glitch therefore a fault from nintendo and doable on every copy of mario kart without owning anything special right? i can already see people going "modded wii = cheaters =
frown.gif
" that's why i'm asking

The Afroman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wovva said:
How do XBOX and PS3 deal with cheating online?

I played XBox Live a while ago and remember cheating being an issue on Halo 2, but it seems that the moment a game goes online, people screw it up by cheating. Is this going to be the curse of the online gaming age? Or is there a way to fix it?

p.s. MK Wii is amazing!

MS and Sony will patch the game.. which is something that can't be done with Nintendo.. there is no way to fix a game after the fact.. look what happened with GH III on the wii, it was an audio fix, that just needed patching.. instead they had to do a full disc recall. Thats my only beef with Nintendo, right now.. the online/updating implementation.

Schaapje82

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was trying this glitch today, but I can't get it to work on the offline time-trial single player (I want to unlock something, but don't want to play time trial for all levels). Is it only an online thing?

Mario264

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I heard that to make it work you have to wait 100 minutes after doing one lap. (so that the timer resets from 999:99:999) for this to work. Honestly i dont like it one bit.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you assume a patch is impossible just because of Guitar Hero 3? The problem with that game was the entire audio set was sampled/saved into mono audio. Essentially in that case a new disc is basically required unless you want to download every damn track of the game (dozens of them) in stereo format and store them to a drive w/patch to bypass media from disc and play from drive.

On a game like this you just make a few KB or MB sized patch that injects a patched piece of code in there to bypass cheating douchebag tactics and it's done. Code is vastly microscopic vs a shit ton of audio tracks. I mean really Nintendo has done upgrades to the bios and some of the channels in the system, so there's no real reason they can't make some 100+ block sized patch for Mario Kart to close the gap that's forceably downloaded to your system when you try and login to fix the glitch.

finite

Trophies
XP
Country
The size of patch for PAL versions of Mario Party 8 & Paper Mario would of been tiny, but none was forthcoming.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9