Mario Kart Time Trial Ruined

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Vamosi, Apr 12, 2008.

Apr 12, 2008

Mario Kart Time Trial Ruined by Vamosi at 9:53 AM (3,965 Views / 0 Likes) 21 replies

1. Vamosi
    OP

Newcomer Vamosi Member

United Kingdom
    What a shame, had alot of fun trying to beat the times set across the world then i came across a time which was impossible to achive.

After some searching found this
    Click here!

I've seen this done on the Luigi Circuit too by someone called Player, their time 01:00.386 lol.
    Hope it gets sorted soon [​IMG]

2. Athlon-pv

Member Athlon-pv GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    on the GCN beach circuit there is a time of 34seconds if you download the ghost you see that they cheat after 1 lap [​IMG] .

the time trail is like 1minute 34 seconds , i got 1 minute 39.

Well it is okay i guess Nintendo doesnt know much about online gaming and such [​IMG] , hopefuly they be able to block any data from that friend code and rid the database of these cheaters [​IMG] .

But then again pigs cant fly [​IMG]

3. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    Yeah, there was a thread about this last nigth.

All you have to do, apparently, is, as you cross the line after the first lap, do a U-turn, then stop, and it causes some kind of glitch that ends the trial, and shows the signle lap time, as the total time for all 3 laps.

4. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    Trail? The Oregon Trail is an awesome game, TBQH.

Anyway... In the US, unmodded Wii. So I can't play this Mario Kart yet. [​IMG]

5. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    yes this sucks. hope they fix it. there's no way I could ever make it into that top 10, but it still would be nice to at least try to beat the champion in a fair race.

6. seank

Newcomer seank Member

Australia
    All of the records on mine look pretty normal - has Nintendo already deleted the cheaters? I hope cheating doesn't become a problem, I want to keep my continental top 10 position for Rainbow Road [​IMG]

7. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    the impossible records seem to have been deleted yes

8. shineget

Newcomer shineget Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    i personally kinda like the glitches, i spent hours getting all the n64 glitches down. and i had A LOT of fun playing wario stadium 4 player when we all knew how to glitch over the wall.

9. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    glitching with friends offline yes, glitching online to cheat no.

10. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    Yup ... too many people like to cheat now ... saps the life out of any game.

11. KTroopA

Member KTroopA GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    for now [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    yes i agree, having inf health in a game makes the game no challenge, it makes it boring most of the time, it's ok to mess about once in a while offline by yourself, but it spoils the fun for others when people cheat online.

13. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

Fixed [​IMG]

14. wovva

Newcomer wovva Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    How do XBOX and PS3 deal with cheating online?

I played XBox Live a while ago and remember cheating being an issue on Halo 2, but it seems that the moment a game goes online, people screw it up by cheating. Is this going to be the curse of the online gaming age? Or is there a way to fix it?

p.s. MK Wii is amazing!

15. Magus

Member Magus GBATEMP RPG MANIAC

so it's a glitch therefore a fault from nintendo and doable on every copy of mario kart without owning anything special right? i can already see people going "modded wii = cheaters = [​IMG]" that's why i'm asking

16. The Afroman

Newcomer The Afroman Member

United States
    MS and Sony will patch the game.. which is something that can't be done with Nintendo.. there is no way to fix a game after the fact.. look what happened with GH III on the wii, it was an audio fix, that just needed patching.. instead they had to do a full disc recall. Thats my only beef with Nintendo, right now.. the online/updating implementation.

17. Schaapje82

Member Schaapje82 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I was trying this glitch today, but I can't get it to work on the offline time-trial single player (I want to unlock something, but don't want to play time trial for all levels). Is it only an online thing?

18. Mario264

Newcomer Mario264 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I heard that to make it work you have to wait 100 minutes after doing one lap. (so that the timer resets from 999:99:999) for this to work. Honestly i dont like it one bit.

19. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Why do you assume a patch is impossible just because of Guitar Hero 3? The problem with that game was the entire audio set was sampled/saved into mono audio. Essentially in that case a new disc is basically required unless you want to download every damn track of the game (dozens of them) in stereo format and store them to a drive w/patch to bypass media from disc and play from drive.

On a game like this you just make a few KB or MB sized patch that injects a patched piece of code in there to bypass cheating douchebag tactics and it's done. Code is vastly microscopic vs a shit ton of audio tracks. I mean really Nintendo has done upgrades to the bios and some of the channels in the system, so there's no real reason they can't make some 100+ block sized patch for Mario Kart to close the gap that's forceably downloaded to your system when you try and login to fix the glitch.

20. finite

Member finite GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    The size of patch for PAL versions of Mario Party 8 & Paper Mario would of been tiny, but none was forthcoming.