Hacking Mario Kart Save Data Not Working w/ VC Inject

Overwrite_Pixel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I'm going to try to make this post as short as I possibly can.

So, I dumped a whole lot of my Wii games and injected them as VC titles. Since I have already played the games on my old Wii and I already did a system transfer, all of my save data was on the vWii. All of my games picked up the save data just fine, but Mario Kart Wii didn't.

Its strange, considering that when I put the disk into the Wii U and launch it from there, the data loads perfectly fine. But when I launch it from the VC icon, it creates a whole new save file as if my pre existing one didn't exist.

Now, does anyone know how to go about fixing this? I would prefer not to start from scratch on this game, since I put a lot of work into it.

Thanks!

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If nothing else you could use SaveGame Manager GX to get the Wii save then use the same program to put the save on your vWii.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try SaveGame Manager GX anyway. It's your only other option of getting it to work and delete the save that's already on the vWii. You can't magically make a save work that won't work.

Overwrite_Pixel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, reporting back from playing around with SGMGX -- none of my Wii saves are showing up in the program, so there's not much I can do with it. I'm not sure if I'm just using it wrong or what...

Edit: Nvm I downloaded and used the wrong file. Save games are showing up now, but I've hit two stumps. 1) There are two identical saves and there's no way I can tell which one is my old one and which one is the one the VC title created and 2) extracting saves only throws me an error. I'm not sure if it has to do with it trying to extract it to this "usb8:/" dictionary.

Overwrite_Pixel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got to the bottom of it! It was actually a silly mistake I made on my end. Turns out I foolishly dumped and injected the wrong copy of MK Wii. The one I dumped was a European copy (I couldn't return it and at the time my Wii was region locked so I got a US copy and just let the EU one sit around the house and collect dust). Because my saves were made by my US copy, the VC inject didn't recognize them and made a whole new save file. I dumped and injected my US copy and now my save data works!

Anyhoo, thank you so much for trying to help, @EmulateLife!

Last edited by Overwrite_Pixel,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost all modems and network hardware operated in promiscuous mode.
    Now these days they do sanity checks.... The source IP can't also be the destination IP lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Now these days they do sanity checks.... The source IP can't also be the destination IP lol