Hacking Mario Kart 8 Modding Central

darkmvr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you did not run the exploit (31) first then cafiine will load it for you, this will return you to the title screen. Just load cafiine again and then it will start. Put in the ip of your computer and your good to go to start MK8.

Dreamy Luigi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For Texture Hacks, the GTX Converter isn't giving me DDS files at all in the OutDDS_Lossless folder, I already ran the extract.bat to get the GTX files in the Convert folder but the GTX Converter isn't doing anything. Anything I could have missed?

Harmonia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For Texture Hacks, the GTX Converter isn't giving me DDS files at all in the OutDDS_Lossless folder, I already ran the extract.bat to get the GTX files in the Convert folder but the GTX Converter isn't doing anything. Anything I could have missed?

Are the GTX files in the Convert folder itself or in a folder inside the Convert folder?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I got a basic tool to parse, so I threw together a vertex tool with it. I'm still working on figuring the format some more then bfres model/texture creator.
Sir I could kiss you.

Are you going to create a model creator or a model importer? (i.e. if I were to start modeling right now in anticipation of release, would I have to redo all of my work or could I just drag 'n drop it onto a converter executable?)

mariosonicds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sir I could kiss you.

Are you going to create a model creator or a model importer? (i.e. if I were to start modeling right now in anticipation of release, would I have to redo all of my work or could I just drag 'n drop it onto a converter executable?)

Well it'll work like my sm4sh one of you've seen that, so a injector then a creator. That's how I did it in sm4sh and it should work here.

The next thing I'm going to tackle is disassemble the bfres into chunks to allow model swaps to be done.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it'll work like my sm4sh one of you've seen that, so a injector then a creator. That's how I did it in sm4sh and it should work here.

The next thing I'm going to tackle is disassemble the bfres into chunks to allow model swaps to be done.
I've heard of it but haven't actually looked at it. I'll do that now though :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work