Gaming Mario Kart 8 is the most frustrating game ever :angry:

Do you think this game deserve to be better in terms of balance?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lex luthor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At first I loved this game the graphics, Karts among other things but trying my best to achieve certain things to unlock characters, Karts and Parts is really bothersome when every time Im almost winning something happens and I end up 6th+ place before reaching the finish line. Every damn car that passes beside me hit me with something. Some times I feel the game a little unbalanced when I am in first place and the only item I get is a coin, there's no way I can protect myself from the second place who is lucky to get red shells, fireballs etc. Another thing that frustrates me is that for example (Offline against the CPU) I'm in Third place and the second place instead of attacking the First place attacks me dropping me really back up to the 10th place. I don't feel this game mechanics is fair.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I tried going back to Mario Kart Wii which allws two items at a time (1 to use,1 for backup) and it's even worse than in MK8 because the constant attacks are so random it's hard to come up with a strategy. Hate that MK8 only has 1 item and the Battle Mode tracks are shit.

I'm done with MK8 till there's new content, if not then, maybe in a few months or years I'll play it again.

Reactions: lex luthor

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one big problem is the noobs that keep hitting the guy in 2nd/3rd so no one can catch the 1st place player. how about letting the in 2nd take out the 1st place guy and then they can both be passed. These noobs have no skills when it comes to thinking about when to attack. also there should be an increased rate of the blue shell and triple red shells (for 2nd player) depending how far ahead the 1st player. Getting way in first aint skill when you are never getting hit.
it might be a good idea for the Next race start positions to be assigned depending on what your last race position was. if you got first then u are now last. if you got 12th then u start 1st. if u are 5th then u start 7th and so on. The players that are skilled will get back up there anyways. the noobs will fall back
Also no bullet in 4th place. thats noob. Star power needs a speed increase and the mushroom item rates need to be decreased. everyone always has mushrooms. oh and the lighting bolt needs to be like it was in double dash. Every player is small for the same time regardless of position

Reactions: lex luthor

lex luthor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your feedback. I kept practicing and trying and I managed so far to have everything except the golden glide) but I admit 40% of my achievements is based on skill and the other 60% is based on luck and at first I was frustrated because to unlock some things demand you have to achieve three stars in X cup when the game is mostly based on luck. The only good memory I have is playing in the Star road after trying for like 30+ times (this is the amount of times it took me to win other races as well) and I was in the third place and I was giving up hope until a blue shell came and hit both 1 and 2 places near the finish line and I passed them to win first place but it took me so many times to achieve it and it wasn't that I did it on my own just luck I guess. My kart combination is Link + hyrule motocycle +hyrule wheels + hyrule glide. I'm really grateful with your honest answers. I remember creating a thread similar to this one in another forum and the replies I got there were: "OP you are loser kill yourself", "I never had problems winning this easy game", "do something else you are not cut to play this game" and it kept like never receiving a positive or supportive answer but here the atmosphere is very different.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
There's no doubt that luck is a factor, and that's what makes Mario Kart fun. It wouldn't be Mario Kart if it was pure skill, it would just be another generic racing game (with Nintendo characters)
Still, with practice you can stay so far ahead of the competition that the stray blue or red shell doesn't really make a difference.
The exception is 200cc, that's basically all luck.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
200cc, first place. Red shell, 2nd and 3rd goes past. Gets hit by a green shell. Then gets hit with a star, then bullet bill. Turns around after getting hit and steals first while you are going trololololo.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no doubt that luck is a factor, and that's what makes Mario Kart fun. It wouldn't be Mario Kart if it was pure skill, it would just be another generic racing game (with Nintendo characters)
Still, with practice you can stay so far ahead of the competition that the stray blue or red shell doesn't really make a difference.
The exception is 200cc, that's basically all luck.
This.

I think attitude makes a big difference in this game. You play it to have fun, achievements come fast at the beginning and then harder as you go on. When you finally get them they are all the sweater. If your goal is the "beat" the game then you will just be frustrated unless you are a hardcore.

I just got a console only for my bedroom so I have to start from scratch there. It doesn't bother me one bit and inreallyndont care which one I play on, I am having fun. That's the point of a game, right?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This.

I think attitude makes a big difference in this game. You play it to have fun, achievements come fast at the beginning and then harder as you go on. When you finally get them they are all the sweater. If your goal is the "beat" the game then you will just be frustrated unless you are a hardcore.

I just got a console only for my bedroom so I have to start from scratch there. It doesn't bother me one bit and inreallyndont care which one I play on, I am having fun. That's the point of a game, right?

And there's nothing more satisfying than getting 1st place by shooting the guy in front of you and driving past him at the last second :D

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You should use Karts/bikes with very high speed and low Accel, unless you don´t know how to keep the kart on the course ,try to get powerslides on every possible curve. the item factor rarely applies online.

also,I don´t know about you ,but everytime I finished a GP, I Always got a new Customization/characters, try to get coins instead of position.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should use Karts/bikes with very high speed and low Accel, unless you don´t know how to keep the kart on the course ,try to get powerslides on every possible curve. the item factor rarely applies online.

also,I don´t know about you ,but everytime I finished a GP, I Always got a new Customization/characters, try to get coins instead of position.
Interesting how there are different styles of play. I find the item kills to actually be worse online. Every time I go for top speed over acceleration I loose because I can't recover from kills fast enough and I am knocked to back.

The one course I can't figure out a strategy on is Baby Park. It is just random chaos to me.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
My strategy is, drifting like a boss, using parts for a 50/50 speed acceleration ratio, light weight and high handling.
The next thing is, item strategy, like keeping a banana/shell behid us, while being first. Or pitching itmes backward, using shortcuts, and always press R at a bump/jump.

This works very well for me.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My strategy is, drifting like a boss, using parts for a 50/50 speed acceleration ratio, light weight and high handling.
The next thing is, item strategy, like keeping a banana/shell behid us, while being first. Or pitching itmes backward, using shortcuts, and always press R at a bump/jump.

This works very well for me.
I haven't learned to fire hop well but I used the same build strategy until recently and am testing out a medium weight for more speed.

Is there anyway to drift and jump at the same time? There are a few places this would come in handy like Ribbon Road on of the rainbow roads when you land on the circles after a glide.

Another training strategy I have started is to play against a ghost in time trials on one track until I can consistently beat the Nintendo ghost. It really helps learn the track and get some shortcuts down pat.

This seems to work well on 150/200cc http://i.imgur.com/b78bEIH.jpg

200cc Pipe Frame, Slim, Cloud Glider. I have not tried Slim over Slick for the Bike.

I play with a Wii Classic Controller Pro.
What advantages do you find over the WUPC?

Reactions: VinsCool

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't learned to fire hop well but I used the same build strategy until recently and am testing out a medium weight for more speed.

Is there anyway to drift and jump at the same time? There are a few places this would come in handy like Ribbon Road on of the rainbow roads when you land on the circles after a glide.

Another training strategy I have started is to play against a ghost in time trials on one track until I can consistently beat the Nintendo ghost. It really helps learn the track and get some shortcuts down pat.

You can't jump while drifting, As soon you jump you lost the potential for a charged boost. Unless you use the tanooki tail, but it is not very efficient.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0 +1