ROM Hack Official Mario Kart 7 - Custom Track Grand Prix 7 (CTGP-7)

What would you like to see more?

• New Custom Tracks

Votes: 114 61.6%
  • New Extra Features (such as backwards cam, etc)

Votes: 71 38.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Also, one more doubt.
So I saw a few CTs made by @DarkFlare69 on YouTube, so I decided to download them. Thing is both of them are based on Gds_LuigisMansion.szs. So if I need to replace that CT with say, Gsfc_MarioCircuit.szs, I just need to replace the Course Model (SZS), the Collision (KCL) & the KMP, right?
You can't without the source of the track, so you can change the name.

Jeph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First off, looks like an awesome mod, thanks for all the hard work for us! We know it's a thankless job most times.

i was wondering though, if it's kosher to delete the *.cxi file from the sd root after the rebuild is complete, and the game is up and running? Sorry if it's been asked before, but my computer is slow as all get the hell out, and 79 pages takes ages to go through.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
First off, looks like an awesome mod, thanks for all the hard work for us! We know it's a thankless job most times.

i was wondering though, if it's kosher to delete the *.cxi file from the sd root after the rebuild is complete, and the game is up and running? Sorry if it's been asked before, but my computer is slow as all get the hell out, and 79 pages takes ages to go through.
Only the files inside output folder are needed, anything else.

Jeph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Only the files inside output folder are needed, anything else.

Thanks Pablo!

Also, I've noticed when attempting to play download play with another 2ds, I'm getting dropped on the connection shortly after download. At most me and my brother have -almost- finished a race. Single player works perfectly, however.

I'll try steelhax on his console, and throw CTGP7 on his as well, and see if the download play is the problem. Unless, of course, there's some glitchiness with the 2ds on download play dropping connections that my noobish ass don't know about.

Last edited by Jeph,

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks Pablo!

Also, I've noticed when attempting to play download play with another 2ds, I'm getting dropped on the connection shortly after download. At most me and my brother have -almost- finished a race. Single player works perfectly, however.

I'll try steelhax on his console, and throw CTGP7 on his as well, and see if the download play is the problem. Unless, of course, there's some glitchiness with the 2ds on download play dropping connections that my noobish ass don't know about.
I've never had any problems with download play. Everything seems to work fine for me.

Jeph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've never had any problems with download play. Everything seems to work fine for me.

I tried now with another 2ds, and it runs perfectly. So now I'm wondering what is wrong with my other 2ds, and why it may be dropping the connection so frequently. Hmmph.

Also, I was under the impression that modded games couldn't be played without CFW, so this thread has opened my eyes a bit. I hope there's some mods out there for the other games I own, so I can breathe new life into them.

Last edited by Jeph,
Reactions: PabloMK7

geegeeman77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there! I just installed a CFW for 11.2, and installing the Loader CIA works perfectly, but the when I launch the Mario Kart 7 (from the cartridge), I get the unmodded version of Mario Kart 7. I know that I have to use the firmware.bin file from the tutorial rather than the original one, but I can't seem to find any firmware.bin on my SD card. I didn't use Luma3DS to install the custom firmware, just RxTools. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks!

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi there! I just installed a CFW for 11.2, and installing the Loader CIA works perfectly, but the when I launch the Mario Kart 7 (from the cartridge), I get the unmodded version of Mario Kart 7. I know that I have to use the firmware.bin file from the tutorial rather than the original one, but I can't seem to find any firmware.bin on my SD card. I didn't use Luma3DS to install the custom firmware, just RxTools. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks!
Read the common error list in the NTR method tutorial in the first post. I also recommend switching to Luma3DS as rxtools is outdated and untested.

geegeeman77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read the common error list in the NTR method tutorial in the first post. I also recommend switching to Luma3DS as rxtools is outdated and untested.
OK, thank you! Where would the original firmware.bin be when I install Luma3DS? (Sorry for all the questions, I'm a homebrew noob.)

Last edited by geegeeman77,

Jeph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've now been wondering. As mariokart is a bundle game, and you've made it executable through the hbl, would that mean that any bundle game could be modified to work in the same manner? I may be misunderstanding something about the legit cia's, as I'm new to the scene.

Eta: I'm on OFW 11.2. I have three 3ds-2ds, two with mario kart, one with nsmb 2. I'm looking to have all three games on all three, if that's possible. From what I've read so far, it isn't, but ...

Last edited by Jeph,

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I've now been wondering. As mariokart is a bundle game, and you've made it executable through the hbl, would that mean that any bundle game could be modified to work in the same manner? I may be misunderstanding something about the legit cia's, as I'm new to the scene.

Eta: I'm on OFW 11.2. I have three 3ds-2ds, two with mario kart, one with nsmb 2. I'm looking to have all three games on all three, if that's possible. From what I've read so far, it isn't, but ...
Hans (which smealum made, not me) makes the 3ds load the game data from the SD, but the game must be installed. It cannot install games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OK, thank you! Where would the original firmware.bin be when I install Luma3DS? (Sorry for all the questions, I'm a homebrew noob.)
You don't need to use any firmware.bin

Jeph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hans (which smealum made, not me) makes the 3ds load the game data from the SD, but the game must be installed. It cannot install games.

Sorry, wrong term when I said installed. I mean, if i were to dump my nsmb2 from one device, would I be able to use that same dump on my other system, but through the same method you've used to get ctgp working on the hbl.

edit: Nevermind, I think I get what you mean. The game must already be installed on the system, as well as the modded copy run off the sd? (for OFW, at least. I know a lot more is possible with CFW)

Last edited by Jeph,

geegeeman77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You don't need to use any firmware.bin
In the NTR CFW tutorial, under Common Problems, it says to use "this firmware.bin file instead of the original" when the game starts unmodded. Should I still do that, or has the solution changed since I don't need a firmware.bin for Luma3DS 6?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :) +1