ROM Hack Official Mario Kart 7 - Custom Track Grand Prix 7 (CTGP-7)

What would you like to see more?

• New Custom Tracks

Votes: 114 61.6%
  • New Extra Features (such as backwards cam, etc)

Votes: 71 38.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Sorry, wrong term when I said installed. I mean, if i were to dump my nsmb2 from one device, would I be able to use that same dump on my other system, but through the same method you've used to get ctgp working on the hbl.
Sorry, wrong term when I said installed. I mean, if i were to dump my nsmb2 from one device, would I be able to use that same dump on my other system, but through the same method you've used to get ctgp working on the hbl.

edit: Nevermind, I think I get what you mean. The game must already be installed on the system, as well as the modded copy run off the sd? (for OFW, at least. I know a lot more is possible with CFW)
Yes, you need CFW to install a game, but hans can edit the code and romfs (files) of a game, it cannot launch a game which isn't installed, as the 3ds prevents it.
In the NTR CFW tutorial, under Common Problems, it says to use "this firmware.bin file instead of the original" when the game starts unmodded. Should I still do that, or has the solution changed since I don't need a firmware.bin for Luma3DS 6?
Oops, I forgot to remove that part. Lastest version supports 11.2 without a firmware.bin, so no need to use it.

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just tried the latest one, Miku's Birthday Spec. still needs some work. Despite looking nice the background is a clusterfuck of design, making it hard to notice some arrows telling you to make turns. Even then after the first turn you can see an arrow in the distance telling you to turn left when you're supposed to turn right then left.

When you come up to the jump in the water there is no indication that you need to turn left. If you keep going forward like anyone would be naturally doing their first time you just fly off into the abyss. There's also still that part at the end where you go up the ramp and suddenly have to make a hard left to avoid going off the road.

The road could benefit from a solid texture that doesn't blend in with everything else too.

It's a solid idea, execution is just off.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Just tried the latest one, Miku's Birthday Spec. still needs some work. Despite looking nice the background is a clusterfuck of design, making it hard to notice some arrows telling you to make turns. Even then after the first turn you can see an arrow in the distance telling you to turn left when you're supposed to turn right then left.

When you come up to the jump in the water there is no indication that you need to turn left. If you keep going forward like anyone would be naturally doing their first time you just fly off into the abyss. There's also still that part at the end where you go up the ramp and suddenly have to make a hard left to avoid going off the road.

The road could benefit from a solid texture that doesn't blend in with everything else too.

@Stewie1.0

SaffronXL

The Grand Galactic Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh... any hints on where to find 0.9.13? Or is the "official download" on that site just mislabeled?

EDIT: Never mind, I'm dumb, it updated itself perfectly. Great mod, and excellent tutorial, thank you!

Last edited by SaffronXL,

jtvjan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Trick light isn't showing up. I enabled it in the settings but when I do a trick in time trials the LED doesn't light up. The notification LED should light up, right?

Real cart, Luma3DS, NTR 3.4, New 3DS 11.2.0-35E

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Trick light isn't showing up. I enabled it in the settings but when I do a trick in time trials the LED doesn't light up. The notification LED should light up, right?

Real cart, Luma3DS, NTR 3.4, New 3DS 11.2.0-35E
It only works on boost pads and glider pads. It is only a POC so it is untested on many regions/versions.

Stewie1.0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'll change the arrow textures eventually, but I'm not editing the model again. I edited it too many times, and if I do again lag might start

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Just tought id post this here - Made it for my website :)
ctgp.png

Yasaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so installed that mod successfully after some troubles but 3 restarts fixed all my problems. so i use ntr methode and now my question is can i globally play online? is it like ctgp on wii where there is a own category in online mode or does it work just with friends who also have that mod?

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is the 0.9.12 version on the ds**ck site the latest?
Because on the op's main post, I see 0.9.13

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@PabloMK7
CIA: Installs to the home menu as a new app, with a different TitleID, so it doesn't overwrite existing game. However, it cannot be updated, nor enable/disable custom tracks, you'll need 1.4GB free in your SD. (700MB if using FBI network install). Works on any version CFW
Actually you can update it, just edit the TitleID of the update for match the same TitleID you are using for CTGP7

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Is the 0.9.12 version on the ds**ck site the latest?
Because on the op's main post, I see 0.9.13

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@PabloMK7

Actually you can update it, just edit the TitleID of the update for match the same TitleID you are using for CTGP7
I know, but I'm not going to share a prebuilt cia because it's illegal and has a big size

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
@PabloMK7, I'm finally successful in BCSAR Hacking! The pause was because I didn't loop the BCWAV / WAV. So, I started again and created a looping WAV file this way:
1. Open the song in Audacity
2. Convert to Mono if not done already
3. Make sure that the file is not longer than the original one
4. Re-sample audio to 32 KHz
5. Find the loop point (samples)
6. Export as Microsoft Signed 16-bit WAV
7. Download Wavosaur (a free program that supports looping WAV files)
8. Open the edited 16-Bit WAV in Wavosaur
9. Go to Tools > Loop > Create Loop Points
10. Now go to Tools > Loop > Properties and enter the Loop Start Sample
11. Go to File > Save as and saved the file as "0x888EA0.wav" (16-Bit WAV)
12. Now open the file with ctr_wavconverter32.exe" (in CTR_SDK_11-4-0)
13. Output "0x888EA0.dpsadpcm.bcwav"
14. Now did the injecting part with HxD and inserted bytes (00 Hex Values) to take up the rest of the unused bytes (the bytes that are part of the old BCWAV)
15. Saved the BCSAR as "ctr_dash.bcsar"
16. Replaced with the old BCSAR in ROMFS
17. Re-built the ROMFS (using ROMFS Builder, of course)
18. Copied to \sdmc:\hans
19. Ran using HANS and tested it

And finally, success!

My mistake that I forgot to loop the BCWAV!

Last edited by Gaming796,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill