ROM Hack Official Mario Kart 7 - Custom Track Grand Prix 7 (CTGP-7)

What would you like to see more?

• New Custom Tracks

Votes: 114 61.6%
  • New Extra Features (such as backwards cam, etc)

Votes: 71 38.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bobobombastisch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How to change textures for characters? When I use the method from the video, all get a little bit transparent and in shy guys case half of his mask is wrong

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Pablomf6 , I have a question, possibly you can at least point some tips... I was trying to replace Rainbow Road 7's music with the Rainbow Road Medley from Smash Bros 3DS.

I started the conversion from a MP3 file, then lowered the sample rate to 32000Hz, set the loop points through Yata+ and generate the two bcstm files (one for the main 2 segments, and a more faster, with high tempo, to the final part). Replaced both inside the decompressed romfs with the appropriated filenames, and repacked the romfs.

When I started playing, after three or four seconds, the music disappeared, and a few seconds later the game froze, forcing me to power down the 3DS.

What I need to do for replacing the music files without this crash error? Thanks in advance for any answers.

akira123

Trophies
XP
Country
There's a tool called BRSTM to BCSTM, which converts the wiis sound files to the BCSTM files compatible with the 3DS. That could be useful for some people here. ;)

Reactions: KaleoOmega

KaleoOmega

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
In the end, I made a change: replaced the track files for the SNES Rainbow Road instead of MK7 Rainbow Road, and my two edited bcstm files worked without problems (but I should have raised the volume a little more...).
Thanks for your tips, I'll check brawlcustommusic later to see if I can change other tracks :)

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It seems like there is an update for N64RR in the way.....
scr_5_TOP_LEFT.png

GCNMatt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone fixed the invalidated icache issue
I'm on 10.0, with a physical cartridge, yet it gives that to me every time.
I just want n64 rainbows!!
:cry:

KaleoOmega

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It seems like there is an update for N64RR in the way.....
View attachment 28846

Fantastic one, wow! Can't wait to rebuild my romfs too :D

@Pablomf6 - about this specific track, isn't possible to play online with random people, since the game crashes (although is possible in other tracks).

But I wonder: playing online only with people that have the CTGP-7 tracks too (let's say, in a private community just for CTGP-7 players), also crashes the game?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a place where custom tracks are posted besides the official ctgp-7? I've seen sky garden but never got to play it.

KaleoOmega

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
is there a place where custom tracks are posted besides the official ctgp-7? I've seen sky garden but never got to play it.

You can download GBA Sky Garden here, but:

1) It's incomplete at the moment, since lacks item boxes
2) It replaces SNES Mario Circuit 2 - and this one is replaced already by SNES Mario Circuit 1 on CTGP-7. Which means, you have to choose which track you want.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like I should make a general tutorial on Hans and LayeredFS.
pls

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can download GBA Sky Garden here, but:

1) It's incomplete at the moment, since lacks item boxes
2) It replaces SNES Mario Circuit 2 - and this one is replaced already by SNES Mario Circuit 1 on CTGP-7. Which means, you have to choose which track you want.
what if i rename it?

KaleoOmega

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Fantastic one, wow! Can't wait to rebuild my romfs too :D

@Pablomf6 - about this specific track, isn't possible to play online with random people, since the game crashes (although is possible in other tracks).

But I wonder: playing online only with people that have the CTGP-7 tracks too (let's say, in a private community just for CTGP-7 players), also crashes the game?
For some ubknown reaon, N64 frappe snowland is the only working online. Stewie1.0 has a video proving it on his channel.

(Almost) everything is at store.dshack.org

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some ubknown reaon, N64 frappe snowland is the only working online. Stewie1.0 has a video proving it on his channel.

(Almost) everything is at store.dshack.org
Obviously it has something to do with loading model data, and not texture data. Also, was playing ds download play and i de-synched. That might have something to do it. That or my hans overclock.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think