Alerek

Trophies
Website
alerek.cjb.net
XP
Country
United States
KaliKot said:
is it a coincidence that the PSP scene has problems playing the newer games too?

Two different competitors....two very different systems. But no, not really, as any company worth their salt (or in this case,their games) will make a valid attempt to keep people like us from doing what we'd like to do. Both companies have been implementing copyright protection since forever...it's just Nintendo succeeding hard with this game in particular (not to metion most people without fixes at this point are on older hardware that is not supported buy their creators anymore >.< BAD PIRATES arr)

Purchased the game, well worth it. If you live in a place where buying it isn't an option because it's got a crazy price (some guy in a prior post said it was $80 USD in Argentina?! I'm opening a game store there and importing!) that sucks, and I hope someone finds a fix for your card. Until then, know that when you do finally get to play it, it will be worth the wait.

onizukaa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Alerek said:
KaliKot said:
is it a coincidence that the PSP scene has problems playing the newer games too?

Two different competitors....two very different systems. But no, not really, as any company worth their salt (or in this case,their games) will make a valid attempt to keep people like us from doing what we'd like to do. Both companies have been implementing copyright protection since forever...it's just Nintendo succeeding hard with this game in particular (not to metion most people without fixes at this point are on older hardware that is not supported buy their creators anymore >.< BAD PIRATES arr)

Purchased the game, well worth it. If you live in a place where buying it isn't an option because it's got a crazy price (some guy in a prior post said it was $80 USD in Argentina?! I'm opening a game store there and importing!) that sucks, and I hope someone finds a fix for your card. Until then, know that when you do finally get to play it, it will be worth the wait.

Wanna know what's worse? Here in Brazil the price is even higher, reaching U$90-100 a DS game. It's like...hmm...almost 1/2 of the minimum salary. Preposterous!!!

No other solution than importin from play-asia or similar. That's why here piracy is so strong
rolleyes.gif

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jaxxster said:
i still dont get why everyones annoyed that we cant play this, i mean out of all the pirated games weve been able to play its only fair that nintendo get a win in there somewhere.
what if nintendo does this to every major game or mabye even to shovel ware nothing will be playable your gonna have to buy games!

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rockstar99 said:
jaxxster said:
i still dont get why everyones annoyed that we cant play this, i mean out of all the pirated games weve been able to play its only fair that nintendo get a win in there somewhere.
what if nintendo does this to every major game or mabye even to shovel ware nothing will be playable your gonna have to buy games!
Oh no! The world would end! PAYING for something I want? INSANITY!

That's the entire point. You are meant to pay for the games. You aren't entitled to anything.

onizukaa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I might get really bullied, but why ppl doesn't buy the games in US?

I understand the situation in other countries, as the price gets really high due to high import taxes and stuff like store's profit. But in US it may sound really rebel not to pay 20-40 dollars in a game.

Is just a thought, I'm not criticizin no one.

D

Deleted User

onizukaa said:

I understand the situation in other countries, as the price gets really high due to high import taxes and stuff like store's profit. But in US it may sound really rebel not to pay 20-40 dollars in a game.

Buying the game defeats the purpose of getting a flashcart and downloading games

corsairsa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
onizukaa said:

Some people, like myself, are students with low income and have a hard time holding a steady job because of the current economic situation. Then, there's the people who passively play games, also like myself, that doesn't see the point in buying games if one might stop playing and completely forget about the game. It's not a matter of rebellion but a matter of saving money or not wanting to waste money on a game that may or may not be enjoyable.

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
onizukaa said:
N-TG said:
Don't forget that flashcards can also play video and music and emulators and homebrews and images and programs and...etc etc etc

Isn't better to just use a PSP for this? LOL

No because I like better the games of nintendo and I am a fan...

corsairsa said:
QUOTE(onizukaa @ Sep 20 2009, 08:01 AM)

Some people, like myself, are students with low income and have a hard time holding a steady job because of the current economic situation. Then, there's the people who passively play games, also like myself, that doesn't see the point in buying games if one might stop playing and completely forget about the game. It's not a matter of rebellion but a matter of saving money or not wanting to waste money on a game that may or may not be enjoyable.

Also don't forget to add that there are cases that games won't come over here and you have to buy them online.

onizukaa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
corsairsa said:
onizukaa said:

Thanks for the answer. I'm also a student, so I just understand you pretty well. I just asked this cuz I'm studying author's law for my graduation paper and a chose to talk about the reasons that lead people lay hands on piracy. Btw, summarizing your testimony you just do it due to the facts that you're a student, so you've got low income, and cuz you're afraid of wasting money in a crappy game.

I kinda agree with you cuz DS got almost no "demos", therefore we can't experience before buying, and even "demos" may sound like movie traillers that get you interested and when you watch the movie, you regret doing it.

onizukaa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
N-TG said:
Also don't forget to add that there are cases that games won't come over here and you have to buy them online.

I see you point, but I'm refering exactly to ppl on US that actually have access to the games with a fair price. As I can see you're from greece, so you incur in aonther kind of costumer.

Ppl here tend to say that in USA there's no piracy cuz the games are much more accessible, but it's not right, according to my research. It does exist in USA, so I'm asking for cientific purposes only.

I'm also a big FC fan, and it really saves us here....although there wouldn't sell almost no console here due to the games high price. REALLY high. As example a WII game, at Wii's launch were costing the mere price of $150 in my city. LOLZORD! Sounds like a bad joke, but it's reality.

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
rockstar99 said:
jaxxster said:

Then thats great for nintendo! That would mean thier original plans from the start of the ds release would have work...which was if people wanted to play games on thier ds that they would have to pay for them.

corsairsa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
onizukaa said:
Thanks for the answer. I'm also a student, so I just understand you pretty well. I just asked this cuz I'm studying author's law for my graduation paper and a chose to talk about the reasons that lead people lay hands on piracy. Btw, summarizing your testimony you just do it due to the facts that you're a student, so you've got low income, and cuz you're afraid of wasting money in a crappy game.

I kinda agree with you cuz DS got almost no "demos", therefore we can't experience before buying, and even "demos" may sound like movie traillers that get you interested and when you watch the movie, you regret doing it.

Yeah, that's more or less a fair summary. If you want more info, feel free to pm, but you probably get the gist of it.

To tell you the truth, I don't really pay for anything in terms of games, movies, shows, etc as I see it as a "waste" of money when I can find a lot of the stuff I want for free if I were to search hard enough. Way I see it, if I don't have to pay for something, why do it? (Sidenote, I'm a Computer Engineering major so a lot of this code breaking experience is somewhat relavent...who knows maybe I'll be one of the "assholes" creating anti-piracy software in my future...haha, if it pays better cause...you know, $$ talks
smileipb2.png
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.timeextension.com/news/2024/04/the-cost-of-owning-a-mister-fpga-is-about-to-come-down...