ROM Hack Mario and Luigi 3 USA Freeze

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gokou said:
There should be a patch for you to fix the freezing part of the game. You can find it almost anywhere.
the XPA patch that was released is the one you speak of i guess?
well it definitely doesn't work on a DSTT, just patched it and tried still a white boot screen that's froze, maybe i can try my AK2i when it gets here Monday.

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
onizukaa said:
N-TG said:
Also don't forget to add that there are cases that games won't come over here and you have to buy them online.

I see you point, but I'm refering exactly to ppl on US that actually have access to the games with a fair price. As I can see you're from greece, so you incur in aonther kind of costumer.

Ppl here tend to say that in USA there's no piracy cuz the games are much more accessible, but it's not right, according to my research. It does exist in USA, so I'm asking for cientific purposes only.

I'm also a big FC fan, and it really saves us here....although there wouldn't sell almost no console here due to the games high price. REALLY high. As example a WII game, at Wii's launch were costing the mere price of $150 in my city. LOLZORD! Sounds like a bad joke, but it's reality.

Yeah..for example Final Fantasy 3 or 4 didn't got released here at all. but GTA Chinatown was here in 2 days from the time of its release...
hate2.gif

And I think not even KH will be released here.

TrolleyDave said:
QUOTE(Wallydraigle @ Sep 20 2009, 06:49 PM)
Getting games for free is way cheaper than paying retail for them.

Did you work that one out all by yourself?

For me if I see one game that I love retail Ill buy it... Never saw one on ds here
frown.gif

And again nowdays games are more expensive than the ones in the old days. And the games of that time were better, bigger and maybe the graphics were not so good as now the playability and storylines and all those things were better. Now days little games have give you good feelings when you play them... For me some of those games were... Professor Layton, Ouendan, Phoenix Wright, Cooking Mama... Even on the psp I saw games like Patapon, or Project Diva : Hatsune Miku and 3-4 that I want to play then but I prefer DS.

And M&R was one of those games... Heck it was the 2nd one was the first game I played fully on an emulator and when I bought my ds and R4 was the first I finished...... Maybe I will buy an iPlayer to play gba games rather an M3 or AC2 to play 1 game since I will still use my R4 until it can't support a game anymore.
And still Ill play NES and GB-GBC emulators.

Kamika

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried Xenophobia's crack but the batch file doesn't work. It keeps saying no such file or directory and I already renamed it to xpa-ml3.nds. Where am I supposed to put the rom in order to get the crack to work?

Kamika

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Iruga said:
you need to name it xpa-mal3 i think is why you are having the problem

I already did and I said so in my previous post.

EDIT: Nvm I misread it. But after all this it seems that the patched rom also doesn't work on the R4. After selecting a save slot, the screen goes black and nothing happens.

Soiidus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IV. M3i Zero & M3DS Real => Worked TESTED BY ME. So if you want to play the game, no Sakura for U! D: qq....
1. Using System V4.4a E52 (Europe/USA) for M3 DS Real/G6/M3i Zero (15-09-2009)
2. Play with Original ROM

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Kamika said:
Yeah, I just noticed that. But the patched rom doesn't work on the R4. The screen goes black and nothing happens after that.

As has been said 1000 times already, the game does not work on the R4. The patch doesn't work and the AR code doesn't work. If you want to play the game you'll either have to buy a new flashcart or buy the game retail.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Iruga said:
or wait until a fix finally arrives.

with the amount of people using R4 i doubt it never get patched. but it may take a while

im using a DSTT and contemplating if i should get an acekard or M3

If the problem is with the way the R4 patches games on the fly then it'll take a new firmware to fix the problem.

QUOTE(N-TG @ Sep 20 2009, 07:38 PM) Or use an emulator

I keep forgetting that one! Cheers for reminding me.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
the patch or AR code only works on certain Flashcarts, if they don't work on yours, then you'll have to wait for another fix or a new firmware for your flashcart, there is no other way around

Kamika

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
dsrules said:
the patch or AR code only works on certain Flashcarts, if they don't work on yours, then you'll have to wait for another fix or a new firmware for your flashcart, there is no other way around
That will be hard, since both TTDS and R4 haven't received a firmware update for ages. I'll wait for a new fix to come up.

corsairsa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
N-TG said:
And M&R was one of those games... Heck it was the 2nd one was the first game I played fully on an emulator and when I bought my ds and R4 was the first I finished...... Maybe I will buy an iPlayer to play gba games rather an M3 or AC2 to play 1 game since I will still use my R4 until it can't support a game anymore.

So is the iPlayer a flashcart as well? If so, I'm totally getting that instead of the AceKard...Honestly, I think the games of the past on GBA were much more brain intensive than the games of today. Everyone these days are like "omgomg graphics pwn ahhhhhhh."

If you ask me, this kinda proves that as generations go one, we're getting stupider since all we really care about is graphics...I partially blame all the hype on HD viewing, etc for this but hey, that's just my opinion. Most games these days you can breeze through; there's only a few titles on DS that I can think of that are as brain intensive as games back when they were on the N64 and older. It's mostly because of the emphasis upon looks, rather than content that has steered me away from gaming like I used to in my younger years.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
corsairsa said:
Everyone these days are like "omgomg graphics pwn ahhhhhhh."
Seriously? This is the Nintendo DS we're talking about. Graphics aren't that great in this handheld.

I we cared that much about graphics, most of us would own a PSP INSTEAD of a DS.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
corsairsa said:
N-TG said:

So is the iPlayer a flashcart as well? If so, I'm totally getting that instead of the AceKard...Honestly, I think the games of the past on GBA were much more brain intensive than the games of today. Everyone these days are like "omgomg graphics pwn ahhhhhhh."

The iPlayer is just a movie/music player (albeit a damn impressive one!), it doesn't play commercial NDS roms or homebrew .nds files. The GBA emulator is unofficial and written using a shadily acquired SDK. There's a chance someone could write a .nds launcher but there's been no mention of one so far.

onizukaa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
.Darky said:
corsairsa said:
Everyone these days are like "omgomg graphics pwn ahhhhhhh."
Seriously? This is the Nintendo DS we're talking about. Graphics aren't that great in this handheld.

I we cared that much about graphics, most of us would own a PSP INSTEAD of a DS.

Indeed.

Graphics never grip. I just quit Brave Story on PSP. Nice graphics, crappy story.

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
corsairsa said:
N-TG said:

If you ask me, this kinda proves that as generations go one, we're getting stupider since all we really care about is graphics...I partially blame all the hype on HD viewing, etc for this but hey, that's just my opinion. Most games these days you can breeze through; there's only a few titles on DS that I can think of that are as brain intensive as games back when they were on the N64 and older. It's mostly because of the emphasis upon looks, rather than content that has steered me away from gaming like I used to in my younger years.

IPlayer is a flashcard that let's you watch avi files on your ds... and because it is more powerfull than the normal flashcards somebody made a gba emulator.
Read someinfo first then decide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone