impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
To me when I put
source $DEVKITPRO/switchvars.sh
-It gets me in msys2 the following error: bash: /opt/devkitpro/switchvars.sh: No such file or directory
Switchvars.sh is no needed anymore on windows MSYS, is only used on Linux.

you must check the variables

DEVKITARM="/opt/devkitpro/devkitARM"
DEVKITPPC="/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC"
DEVKITPRO="/opt/devkitpro"

do exists

if not you can put

export DEVKITPRO=/opt/devkitpro
export DEVKITARM=${DEVKITPRO}/devkitARM
export DEVKITPPC=${DEVKITPRO}/devkitPPC

export PATH=${DEVKITPRO}/tools/bin:$PATH

on your .bash_profile
Post automatically merged:

By the way the package

dkp-toolchain-vars

install the /devkitpro/switchvars.sh file

Try installing that package

Last edited by impeeza,

Gonax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Switchvars.sh is no needed anymore on windows MSYS, is only used on Linux.

you must check the variables

DEVKITARM="/opt/devkitpro/devkitARM"
DEVKITPPC="/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC"
DEVKITPRO="/opt/devkitpro"

do exists

if not you can put

export DEVKITPRO=/opt/devkitpro
export DEVKITARM=${DEVKITPRO}/devkitARM
export DEVKITPPC=${DEVKITPRO}/devkitPPC

export PATH=${DEVKITPRO}/tools/bin:$PATH

on your .bash_profile

By the way the package

dkp-toolchain-vars

install the /devkitpro/switchvars.sh file

Try installing that package
1709574883044.png

Now I have this error when compiling.

BryanTheArchivist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To me when I put
source $DEVKITPRO/switchvars.sh
-It gets me in msys2 the following error: bash: /opt/devkitpro/switchvars.sh: No such file or directory
Did you install the dependencies? See the steps for DEVKITPRO here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/mario-64-port.564633/post-9149081

I never was able to user render96ex
Works fine. Just need to follow your same steps but git checkout 67a0da1d3c9fe817b656320b3721ff1c814e474f supposedly for use with model pack 2.1. I HAVE successfully done this before on Switch but I cannot for the life of me remember how I got the model pack working. I am trying to figure that out right now but I can confirm render96ex works on Switch albeit an older commit.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Did you install the dependencies? See the steps for DEVKITPRO here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/mario-64-port.564633/post-9149081

Works fine. Just need to follow your same steps but git checkout 67a0da1d3c9fe817b656320b3721ff1c814e474f supposedly for use with model pack 2.1. I HAVE successfully done this before on Switch but I cannot for the life of me remember how I got the model pack working. I am trying to figure that out right now but I can confirm render96ex works on Switch albeit an older commit.
yeah on windows the file is installed by the package:

dkp-toolchain-vars

BryanTheArchivist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my testing today, I can report a weird bug on the render96ex version being that resuming after putting the system to sleep causes the audio to crackle permanently. Granted, I did skip the section of compilation having to do with audio libraries but I wasn't sure render96ex required that anyway?

I also know that TEXTURE_FIX breaks billboarding (ex: trees). I would avoid this option given my testing. This bug occured last I built this project too.

yeah on windows the file is installed by the package:

dkp-toolchain-vars
Does SM64EX require the audio library to run on Switch still? Just compiled it and having the bug when exiting sleep mode again where the audio becomes distorted. Have you experienced this bug ever?

Last edited by BryanTheArchivist,

BryanTheArchivist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that SM64EX-ALO compiles fine but you need to make sure you do it in the msys64 shell, not msys2. Still having audio corruption when exiting sleep mode, vertexes now have gaps, and there are collision issues when disabling QOL build options which should be optional. Puppycam 2 works great but I don't think ALO supports texture packs? It does seem to have rumble however which is cool. I keep saying it but I really can't understand why we can't get a consistent SM64 project the likes of SOH; such a pain.

• Love

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I can confirm that SM64EX-ALO compiles fine but you need to make sure you do it in the msys64 shell, not msys2. Still having audio corruption when exiting sleep mode, vertexes now have gaps, and there are collision issues when disabling QOL build options which should be optional. Puppycam 2 works great but I don't think ALO supports texture packs? It does seem to have rumble however which is cool. I keep saying it but I really can't understand why we can't get a consistent SM64 project the likes of SOH; such a pain.
Did you need something special to build SM64EX-ALO?

BryanTheArchivist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just updated my personal notes to build SM64EX-ALO and is very easy, have lots of improvements.

will make a tutorial soon.

I don't know how to add render and packs to it yet but will learn.
Awesome, you're a real one! I should have written a tutorial in addition to the one you had so I could have explained how to add model packs to Render96ex repo and what not so I wouldn't have forgotten by this point.

Do you happen to experience audio issues when entering sleep mode inside of ALO and then waking the system? This specifically applies to sleep mode and not loss on game focus like what happens with latest builds of SM64EX or R96 compatible ones. Docking/undocking works just fine as well.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
he he he I was about to ask if you know how to build including model packs! :P will try to learn.

Awesome, you're a real one! I should have written a tutorial in addition to the one you had so I could have explained how to add model packs to Render96ex repo and what not so I wouldn't have forgotten by this point.

Do you happen to experience audio issues when entering sleep mode inside of ALO and then waking the system? This specifically applies to sleep mode and not loss on game focus like what happens with latest builds of SM64EX or R96 compatible ones. Docking/undocking works just fine as well.
I Just create a tutorial on

https://gbatemp.net/threads/building-sm64-for-nintendo-switch-from-sm64ex-alo-repository.652092/

about building the ALO Repo.

Last edited by impeeza,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...