Homebrew Question Mario 64 port?

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So has anyone tried this yet? Supposedly it's been ported to the switch from the same code the pc version used. 12mb file size, meant to run perfect. I can't find it, but according to Reddit it's out there, and real.

Reactions: KiiWii

tom2199

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So has anyone tried this yet? Supposedly it's been ported to the switch from the same code the pc version used. 12mb file size, meant to run perfect. I can't find it, but according to Reddit it's out there, and real.
Check reddit again, you'll find it if you look for it. I tried it, it indeed seems to be a port of the PC version. There are 2 versions out there, one has a round SM64 logo and does not have fullhd and widescreen support, the version with the square SM64 icon does have both.

Reactions: Mythical

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Check reddit again, you'll find it if you look for it. I tried it, it indeed seems to be a port of the PC version. There are 2 versions out there, one has a round SM64 logo and does not have fullhd and widescreen support, the version with the square SM64 icon does have both.
that was one useful answer
I tried the 'square icon' version and it works just fine.

Reactions: Mythical

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
No need, you can play Mario 64 via retroarch flawless. Full Speed, Full Screen :)

Edit: funny you have just suggested this but I’ve just had a pop up from discord, it seems someone has released a Mario 64 full version for the switch it must be on the internet somewhere.

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: KiiWii

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

I found the switch version easy

now in terms pf the updated pc version i have post one day old that gives u a dx12 version and open-gl 32 bit version one goes to square start screen and one goes straight pc demo with pc port credits

which one is newer and better?

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have the Atlas release and another one labelled v0 (054507E0B7552000) (BASE)

Not tried either, well not used the Switch in months

If someone could confirm if the Atlas is the 1080p / WS release that would be great :)

Reactions: kop365 and KiiWii

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
AtlasNX send statement that this is not their work.

So, there is a closed source build of an unofficial port and this build claims that it was published by AtlasNX, a well-known switch scene team, but in response, the team denies that claim.

This seems very shady for me. Maybe this build could have some type of malicious code.

Reactions: mathew77

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone come up with Codes yet? Attempting myself, but I am concerned there might be Issues. TitleID is interesting, but hopefully that will not be the Problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo"