Status
Not open for further replies.

wtfATOM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This patch doesn't work for M3 real with sakura? I mean its translated to english but it goes black screen when you get to the first place after the whole name and signature thing.

clashthunder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Skyline969 said:
Polishing the translations for the next patch (another version of the menu translation) is coming along at a very fast pace. Patch release in probably 1 week.

The full patch? In only a week?

Wow. You guys must be working really hard on this. I tip my hat to you and the rest of the team.
full menu translation maybe some story

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
_Chaz_ said:
Skyline969 said:
Polishing the translations for the next patch (another version of the menu translation) is coming along at a very fast pace. Patch release in probably 1 week.

The full patch? In only a week?

Wow. You guys must be working really hard on this. I tip my hat to you and the rest of the team.
Yeah, like clash said, it's just a menu and non-story text English patch. With the amount of work we put in tonight, I think it's gonna be a very solid revision of the patch. Clash will be making a private beta tomorrow, and that'll be going around us developers. If all goes well, I would expect the patch to go public by the end of the weekend or the beginning of next week.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll give the same suggestion I gave to DarkFrost.

Doing a full translation is a huge undertaking, but you could translate the 'colored' words that are important. They show as Yellow, Green and Blue.
They're usually found in { } and are names of People, Places and Items.

A good text editor, like Notepad++, will have a Find/Replace in Files option which you can use to replace all the text one name at a time.

stonegolem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello guys,

Will you consider naming blue-haired guys name as "Hatch" instead of "Hechi". It is written as Hatch on his character concept art.

Master_B

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
nice to see another patch is on its way and you guys continue with such a great project.

One questions... is it the meaning of you guys to translate also the complete story or is the intention to translate only the important stuff? (Hope complete story :$ )

post353

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, post353 here. Why isn't this a full translation? I thought that this was supposed to be kept private by darkfrost till completed? Am i missing something? o_o;; Anyways thanks so much for the menu translation but i'll wait for the full one ; )

lildeathboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my lil sister was playin her warrior and went to lvl 6 and the screen went black. wen she logged on, the screen is all black. is this a bug?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
wtfATOM said:
This patch doesn't work for M3 real with sakura? I mean its translated to english but it goes black screen when you get to the first place after the whole name and signature thing.
M3 users are going to have to wait and hope the next firmware update to play MapleStoryDS, even the translated version doesn't work on M3 Real/M3i Zero.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
YAY! Thanks for the patch! I got it working haha I actually gave it to my younger bro so he wouldnt really about the grammar
tongue.gif

-------------------
Hmmm, the story is still Korean so it means it's a translation of the monsters, weapons, and common dialogues?

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
post353 said:
Hey, post353 here. Why isn't this a full translation? I thought that this was supposed to be kept private by darkfrost till completed? Am i missing something? o_o;; Anyways thanks so much for the menu translation but i'll wait for the full one ; )
This isn't a full translation because the story has tens of thousands of lines of script. Even the menus and other non-story text was a few thousand lines, and that took us a week and it's not 100% complete. And no, DarkFrost was on the team but due to issues I will not mention he has left the team.

5thinline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i don't mean to sound ungrateful, i really appreciate what you guys are doing and all. its just, i can live with a Korean menu, it wasnt really that hard to figure out. i was mostly looking forward to knowing the story (also getting tired of randomly running around the map until something happens to advance the story) is there ever going to be a story translation or are you guys determined to stop with the menu?
mellow.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm