Many of my games crashes on startup

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by CJGamerXD, Oct 14, 2019.

1. CJGamerXD
    OP

CJGamerXD Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2017
    United States
    I have a.. weird problem, to say the least.
    The majority of the games on my new 3DS crash on startup.
    But some of them not.

the ones that crash are games that i downloaded back when free shop was still a thing/ OR games that i don’t play often. (Nsmb2, Mario Kart, Kirby etc)
    And the ones that don’t crash are games that I downloaded after free shop stopped AND that I play often. (Persona q2, pilotwings, cap toad, kid icarus, etc)

i think it has something to do with the fact that I downloaded them in free shop.. but i think it’s most likely because i don’t play them a lot??? Idk

Would uninstalling them and downloading new cias work?? Or there’s something weird i have to do with luma/rosalina that I’ve read online?
    45213C46-C04C-4B41-B674-B9B4F25FDD66. 3DF0040E-BD08-4A86-A32E-7896EC39F98E.

2. Brickhead_15

Brickhead_15 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2019
    Puerto Rico
    Yeah, better just backup your saves, download some new .cias and install them. Also where did you get Pilotwings?

3. CJGamerXD
    OP

CJGamerXD Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2017
    United States
    thanks, im downloading some cias right now. i got pilotwings off reddit, it think

Brickhead_15 likes this.
  4. Brickhead_15

Brickhead_15 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2019
    Puerto Rico
    Ok thanks. Did it work?

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    You may have a fake SD card. One of the ways in which fake SD cards can fake the capacity is by overwriting older data once the real capacity is filled up. More commonly new files put on after the real capacity is reached will be corrupted but doing it the other way means it takes longer for people to notice so some manufacturers make them that way.
    Where was it purchased?

TurdPooCharger likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted