3DS crash help

Duelinginc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am very new to homebrewing in general and managed to homebrew my 3DSxl recently, and it all went smoothly for a few months then suddenly it started to crash often after updating my 3ds (i was told this shouldn't matter but i wanna say it just in case).
I've tried replacing the boot.firm and boot.3dsx files to update them and no luck, and that was my best guess as to what would fix this. It used to crash after a few (2~30) minutes of play but after i updated the boot files it crashed again on startup.
I got my crashdump file if it would help

Attachments

• IMG_20230623_171618404_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230623_171618404_HDR.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20230623_171614996_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230623_171614996_HDR.jpg
    540.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited by Duelinginc,

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
Maybe your sd is the problem, if you use sd-microsd adapter change it, at least try with that to see

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you leave the SD card out entirely, and try to use the built-in apps, does it still crash then? Maybe the SD card slot is faulty.

Duelinginc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you leave the SD card out entirely, and try to use the built-in apps, does it still crash then? Maybe the SD card slot is faulty.
When i try to power it on w/o the microsd inside it glows purple-ish on the notification light and turns off before it boots up at all

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Duelinginc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Magenta notification light is "SD FIRM missing, CTRNAND FIRM corrupt".

Last time this came up, the solution was to replace the whole motherboard. I'm not sure if there are less extreme remedies.

It crashes with the same error message, right?
Unfortunately now the notification glows red and the system turns off before booting up, which is odd cause i haven't touched it since my last post and it was at least creating crashdumps last night
IDK what would have changed, maybe my hardware is failing like you said

a_username_that_isnt_cool

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately now the notification glows red and the system turns off before booting up, which is odd cause i haven't touched it since my last post and it was at least creating crashdumps last night
IDK what would have changed, maybe my hardware is failing like you said
Red: Both corrupt.
Your SD Card may also be failing.

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
From ONE post that I found (I didn't really look too hard, so it could be incorrect) the 3DS only supports sd cards of storage less or equal to 64GB.
Maybe It could read a 2TB but, we will know only if someone try it and own a memory of that capacity, thats the limit of fat32 partition, look at this, he uses a 1TB

Duelinginc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Red: Both corrupt.
Your SD Card may also be failing.
Just got a new microSD in formatted it to fat32 and moved the files over, it once again has a blue power light and a red notif light and doesn't boot nor crashdump
i tried replacing the boot files files with the latest release and no dice
would moving backwards a release do anything? TBH i'm still not sure how it all works

a_username_that_isnt_cool

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got a new microSD in formatted it to fat32 and moved the files over, it once again has a blue power light and a red notif light and doesn't boot nor crashdump
i tried replacing the boot files files with the latest release and no dice
would moving backwards a release do anything? TBH i'm still not sure how it all works
Alright, your microSD port is failing. Your NAND might be too, if it's corrupt on there.
Sorry... you might have a bigger problem with your NAND...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto