Homebrew Emulator MAME Wii 1.0 recompilation with newer Wiimote support + WiiFlow support via arguments for autolaunch games

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@seam1

Yes Wild West Cowboys Moo Mesa works with both @SaulFabre mods. (MAME-Wii mod and SDL MAME Wii mod)

You need the moo.zip from the MAME .134u4 set and run through WiiFlow Lite plugin. You can use Sauls new modified dol and rename to "MAME-Wii" or use his MAME-Wii core which is already included in the plugins pack.

I had to rebuild one of my newer MAME sets to .134u4 (since i could not find the set anywhere) to get the correct working romset. I confirm WWC Moo Mesa does not work through HBC or forwarder channel, it must be launched through WFL.

I also confirm using MAME-Wii 1.0 settings will cause all kinds of issues as someone posted in the other thread. Anyone reading this, find and download SDL MAME Wii 0.6 for installation if you are having issues. In fact Moo Mesa will boot but not play using mame-wii 1.0 configuration.

I do have a question for anyone who can answer. Is there a quick way to change default video width in the mame.ini file. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: SaulFabre

cheloruiz79

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I do have a question for anyone who can answer. Is there a quick way to change default video width in the mame.ini file. Thanks in advance.
I would like to know that also to eliminate the black borders

Attachments

• Screenshot (522).png
    Screenshot (522).png
    2 MB · Views: 28

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@cheloruiz79

In mame.ini scroll to Video Options and change "keepaspect" from 1 to 0. Now Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Phoenix, Joust etc... will be full screen by default.

Nice to have this option for those who have aging eyes or prefer full screen. BTW the bezel border overlays are beautiful, do you mind sharing a link my friend?

cheloruiz79

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
@cheloruiz79

In mame.ini scroll to Video Options and change "keepaspect" from 1 to 0. Now Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Phoenix, Joust etc... will be full screen by default.

Nice to have this option for those who have aging eyes or prefer full screen. BTW the bezel border overlays are beautiful, do you mind sharing a link my friend?
excellent thanks sir, here you have from 0 to f ready when the rest is finished I'll upload them.
copy the artwork folder into; sd/mame or usb/mame and that's it
inside the file there is an image that shows the settings
https://www.mediafire.com/file/euqe521litjovx4/mame+wii+bezel+0+to+f.rar/file

cheloruiz79

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is my final compatibility list for SDL MAME-Wii (1035 games). If any game boots up and i was able to navigate, add credits etc...it was added.

That means there will most likely be several games that run slow or have control issues. End users must set up input and decide what is acceptable speed.

Thanks again Saul for the mod.

Attachments

• SDL MAME-WII Compatibility.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 55

cheloruiz79

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Last edited by cheloruiz79,

SoulSpawn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all! Ihave tried several CPS1 cores, old and new, Hexaeco... to see if anyhow I can save hiscores without luck.
At some point on 2020 I tried to compile my own Mame core with wiimpathy'shelp (I have no idea on compiling) and made Final Fight work with hiscores. Other games were slow or didn't load... so total fail

Do you think there is any chance this can be implemented in the future in CPS1 and CPS2 cores?
I'm only missing that :(

0arsoluto

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
hello. In my experience, this emulator does not support the original resolutions of the games. Could a resolution and frequency selector be implemented in the program to be able to play the games as they were conceived? On the other hand, is it possible in the emulator to select the tate graphic mode to play the vertical arcades on a lying down CRT TV? thank you. all the best

Reactions: cheloruiz79

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...