OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hi there guys again! :)

So today i've compiled the latest commits from devkitPro's libFAT source code (of v1.1.5 specifically since it's the last stable version) on GitHub, but i've also added support for UStealth format for USB drives on Wii U.

This UStealth mod, initially was taken from this commit from user Extrems extremscorner@ed80203, but since it didn't work (thanks to my BETA testers @Sowden and @godreborn), i used this commit from my another repo for compare the changes made to an old working custom libFAT with UStealth support made by user @Maxternal: saulfabregwiivc/libfat-ustealth@465dbb9

For be clear, UStealth is a program on Windows and Wii homebrew. Usually, if the Wii U senses a NTFS or FAT32 partition it will ask if you want to format it at every boot. UStealth "hides" the drive from being detected so you don't get that nagging message. There are other uses for it too, but the point is that UStealth hides the hard drive from being seen. So multiple different apps add support for UStealth so that it can see a hard drive, even if it is hidden. More can be read about it at the link below, including some threads talking about it, a compile of Genesis Plus GX from 2015, and an example of it being added to Not64.

More info here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ustealth-wii-u-format-disk-nag-workaround.352786/
https://github.com/rudism/ustealth.sh/blob/master/README.md

I didn't test it further (since i don't own a Wii U) but this should work fine.

Download Link: https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/libfat/releases/tag/v1.1.5-other-vers-UStealth

Compiled using latest stable devkitPPC/libOGC as of June 17, 2022.

Hope this will be used for compiling Wii homebrew for bring UStealth support! :)

EDIT 1: Updated my custom libFAT since the previous one didn't work. (Big shoutout to @Sowden and @godreborn for helping me with compiling and testing).
Also removed non-working emulators and added some working emulators with UStealth, compiled with my custom libFAT 1.1.5 with UStealth. (thanks @godreborn!)
EDIT 2: Removed non-working old WiiSX-RX build v2 with libFAT UStealth, instead added v3, which now uses a modified version of libFAT 1.0.13 (used by devkitPPC r26 and libOGC 1.8.15-1) with UStealth patch by @Extrems. (Tested by @Sowden and working)
EDIT 3: All builds removed from this thread, the most recent builds of emulators and homebrew with UStealth recompiled by me can be found at: https://gbatemp.net/threads/latest-emulators-homebrew-with-ustealth-support.614216/

Greetings!

saulfabreg - @SaulFabre

Last edited by SaulFabre,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, ustealth is basically sector 0's last two bytes, changing from 55 AA to 55 AB. it will show hidden if you manually do it, then you can open ustealth where you can undo it. ;)

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
libFAT library with UStealth Support - BETA TESTERS WANTED/REQUIRED!

Even when these builds may work, i need further testing, because these are still in BETA testing.

I need some people to use this libFAT library for make custom builds of some emulators (FCEUGX, Snes9x GX, VBA GX, Genesis Plus GX, WiiSX RX, etc.) for see if this library actually works.

Any test and results will be appreciated on this thread! :)

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
yeah, ustealth is basically sector 0's last two bytes, changing from 55 AA to 55 AB. it will show hidden if you manually do it, then you can open ustealth where you can undo it. ;)
@godreborn

Could you be a BETA TESTER of this libFAT (if you own a Wii U of course)? Try to compile any emulator of the mentioned on BETA TESTERS WANTED post using my custom libfat.

Thanks!

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@godreborn

Could you be a BETA TESTER of this libFAT (if you own a Wii U of course)? Try to compile any emulator of the mentioned on BETA TESTERS WANTED post using my custom libfat.

Thanks!
I can't. I was testing for @XFlak and @Alexander1970 , and no emulator seems to like my hdd. it won't even recognize it without ustealth. only usb loader gx seems to. sorry, I feel bad about saying that. :(

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I can't. I was testing for @XFlak and @Alexander1970 , and no emulator seems to like my hdd. it won't even recognize it without ustealth. only usb loader gx seems to. sorry, I feel bad about saying that. :(
were you using my precompiled libfat library? :P

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
were you using my precompiled libfat library? :P
no, it was the normal versions from modmii iirc. I got the snes one at least to read, but only on the wii. I also got it to read with wiiflow. this is via a pm with several people, which you may be in, but I've forgotten. just checked, yep, you're in it. it's in the posts somewhere when I told them the hdd couldn't be read by any emulator, genesis, nes, snes, etc.

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
no, it was the normal versions from modmii iirc. I got the snes one at least to read, but only on the wii. I also got it to read with wiiflow. this is via a pm with several people, which you may be in, but I've forgotten. just checked, yep, you're in it. it's in the posts somewhere when I told them the hdd couldn't be read by any emulator, genesis, nes, snes, etc.
i will make a test build for FCEUXTX and Snes9xTX with my custom libFAT and i will send you for test ;)

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i will make a test build for FCEUXTX and Snes9xTX with my custom libFAT and i will send you for test ;)
okay, but it will have to be tomorrow or Friday. not in a very good mood atm. I think it was the tx versions, but I'm not sure. I tested two versions of each on both vwii and wii. I forgot the exact message, but it couldn't detect the hdd. I have a feeling this won't work if that part of the code hasn't been changed. it must be a compatibility issue. I believe my hdd is a wd blue, which I put into an enclosure with lots of screws, so I can't tell from the outside.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, that's in the modmii beta testing, hope Xflak doesn't mind me saying this, pm. I was testing modmii for him, and then they wanted me to test some emulators. they boot up fine, just don't like my hdd for some reason. I don't seem to have this problem on the wii for unknown reasons as they asked I test it there after it didn't work on the vwii.

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I see. I was trying to compile the libfat from the link above, didn't notice it was already compiled. I guess there's no way to compile it if it's private?
my custom libFAT can de downloaded as a precompiled library in the link on the OP.

devkitRice is private so you can't use them.
But i've compiled it using latest public devkitPPC/libOGC

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is what it does to me:

mkdir -p /home/godreborn/libfat/libogc2/lib/wii
built ... libfat.a
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/godreborn/libfat/libogc2'
make -C libogc-rice PLATFORM=wii BUILD=wii_release
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/godreborn/libfat/libogc-rice'
Makefile:5: *** "Please set DEVKITRICE in your environment. export DEVKITRICE=<path to>devkitRice. Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/godreborn/libfat/libogc-rice'
make: [Makefile:35: wii-release] Error 2 (ignored)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o