UStealth compatible libFAT mod

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Maxternal, May 7, 2014.

1. Maxternal
    OP

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Nov 15, 2011
    Deep in GBAtemp addiction
    Noting that Nintendont refused to see UStealth drives BUT that it was using the coresponding signature check inside libFAT instead of performing the check itself, I decided to grab the libFAT code from devkitpro, make the adjustment (partition.c line 183) and recompile to fix it.
    ...and it worked

Since there are probably several other apps that would instantly gain UStealth compatability by just replacing the existing libFAT with this and recompiling, I thought I'd share
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/9d1ffxo16kc1gmq/libfatmod.zip
    (just zipped the code folder post-compile so includes the lib file AND code ... and some extra stuff created in the process)

Margen67, jammybudga777 and markehmus like this.
  2. markehmus

markehmus GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 26, 2008
    Canada
    in the GAME
    kool, hope i get this right.... just swap out libfat.a with the one in devkit(rename original to libfat,a.bak) and build whatever project and the result is an app with ustealth'd drive compatibility ?

3. airline38

airline38 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 28, 2010
    Taiwan
    Yes, I have tested to re-compile few apps. by this way and worked no problem.

4. Maxternal
    OP

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Nov 15, 2011
    Deep in GBAtemp addiction
    With many apps, yes, but not all.
    - If the app has the check in it's own source code, no. In that case this will make no change and the only way is to hunt down the sig check and adjust it yourself.
    - There are also others that are already UStealth compatable because they just don't do the check at all.
    - Otherwise, yes, if it doesn't have the check and is still uncompatible, this should fix it.

5. markehmus

markehmus GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 26, 2008
    Canada
    in the GAME
    awesome! cant wait to try it with vWiiUneek

6. airline38

airline38 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 28, 2010
    Taiwan
    You may only be able to use this way to re-compile the boot.dol of vWii sneek(uneek).

The kernel doesn't use libfat so you have to change "ff.c" for di module and
    fs-usb module respectively.

7. markehmus

markehmus GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 26, 2008
    Canada
    in the GAME
    shucks

8. Howard

Howard GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2012
    United States
    Have you submitted this to devkitpro?
    That way all projects that use the latest devkitpro version would benifit.
    I know I HATE custom libraries. They break everytime someone upgrades the library.

Margen67, Maxternal and markehmus like this.