Homebrew Mame 2003 Plus

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any of these games are working or work in a playabke speed. However they work on WiiU

well thats not true. i can see now that gaxeduel isnt even supported and some of the others dont work right. i dont think you tested those. and i guess the wii isnt powerful enough to run the sega y board

Cecilmax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any of these games are working or work in a playabke speed. However they work on WiiU

Work very well on wii U :) But I wonder if it is possible to not set the gamepad as player 1 ? I would like to use wiimote with classic controller as player 1, it is possible ?

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone verify any of these as working or not working?

lucky n wild crashed emu
xmultipl.zip doesnt load
outrunners doesnt load
shangon doesnt load

Edit: also rtype, outrun, and space harrier arent loading for me, any help is appreciated

and these wouldnt sort into folders(i guess they arent supported):

abcop.zip
gprider.zip
rachero.zip

and lastly, @ wiimpathy , I assume the sega y board isnt supported due to speed issues? Just curious. And thanks for this! Really awesome stuff!

Last edited by seam,

Cecilmax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I look for street of rage game. Only the second title is playable on arcade ? Street of rage 1 and 3 are not on arcade ?

Cecilmax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here are Mame 2003 cores containing almost all drivers. There are 7 cores. Neogeo/CPS1/CPS2/CPS3/Psikyo/PGM/Cave/ST-V/Kinst and a few others are excluded since they are already in FBA or would be too slow.
Check the Readme to see which games are supported and how to sort the roms.

MAME 2003 Plus

Source code

Hi, do you think you can compile a version 1.7.2 for wii U rpx format with all cores in one rpx ? that would be very appreciated :) Other cores doesnt have the fix for the sounds issue for Hook, blade master, etc.

Cecilmax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I try to follow the instructions to compile on wii u but I have this error:
https://docs.libretro.com/compilation/wiiu/

dynamic.c:(.text.init_libretro_sym+0x21a): undefined reference to `retro_serialize'
c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/6.3.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: BFD (GNU Binutils) 2.27 assertion fail ../../../binutils-2.27/bfd/elf32-ppc.c:8812
dynamic.c:(.text.init_libretro_sym+0x222): undefined reference to `retro_unserialize'
c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/6.3.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: BFD (GNU Binutils) 2.27 assertion fail ../../../binutils-2.27/bfd/elf32-ppc.c:8812
dynamic.c:(.text.init_libretro_sym+0x226): undefined reference to `retro_unserialize'
dynamic.c:(.text.init_libretro_sym+0x22e): undefined reference to `retro_cheat_reset'
dynamic.c:(.text.init_libretro_sym+0x232): undefined reference to `retro_cheat_reset'
dynamic.c:(.text.init_libretro_sym+0x23a): undefined reference to `retro_cheat_set'
dynamic.c:(.text.init_libretro_sym+0x23e): undefined reference to `retro_cheat_set'
dynamic.c:(.text.init_libretro_sym+0x246): undefined reference to `retro_load_game'
dynamic.c:(.text.init_libretro_sym+0x24a): undefined reference to `retro_load_game'
dynamic.c:(.text.init_libretro_sym+0x252): undefined reference to `retro_load_game_special'
dynamic.c:(.text.init_libretro_sym+0x256): undefined reference to `retro_load_game_special'
dynamic.c:(.text.init_libretro_sym+0x25e): undefined reference to `retro_unload_game'
dynamic.c:(.text.init_libretro_sym+0x262): undefined reference to `retro_unload_game'
dynamic.c:(.text.init_libretro_sym+0x26a): undefined reference to `retro_get_region'
dynamic.c:(.text.init_libretro_sym+0x26e): undefined reference to `retro_get_region'
dynamic.c:(.text.init_libretro_sym+0x276): undefined reference to `retro_get_memory_data'
dynamic.c:(.text.init_libretro_sym+0x27a): undefined reference to `retro_get_memory_data'
dynamic.c:(.text.init_libretro_sym+0x282): undefined reference to `retro_get_memory_size'
dynamic.c:(.text.init_libretro_sym+0x286): undefined reference to `retro_get_memory_size'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [objs/wiiu/retroarch_wiiu.rpx.elf] Error 1

Last edited by Cecilmax,

Cecilmax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
https://github.com/arcadez/mame2003-plus-libretro from march 13.

I don't understand why you don't use my source to start your modifications. Anyway, hook, r-type leo (m92 driver) are all affected by this audio bug. It happens for the raspberry, that's where I took the fix. In the Makefile, I've added -fsigned-char to the PLATCFLAGS as I already told you.
If you want to use the last commit from arcadez as a base you'd have to use my makefiles and the 2 files I've changed usrintrf.c and cheat.c. I should post a diff, it'd be simpler.

Regarding night slashers and the deco32 in general, you're right some games won't start. I saw your discussion with arcadez. Well, I'm not completely dumb, I didn't split the cores blindly, I know there are a lot of connections between drivers, cpu etc. But with that many games to sort there could be mistakes and things I've forgotten (any help welcome!).
I've made a rough test with virtual memory cause there's not enough Ram and night slashers starts. But sadly, it runs like shit. No way to start the other late deco32 games either.

Hi, I try to compile it for wii u but I realize the patch for signed char is not include in the makefile for wii u version, can you tell me how to add it please ? I will try to compile it :)

Cecilmax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you are using the retroarch wii and retroarch wiiu on the same sdcard this can be the problem. Try to delete the .cfg files from retroarch folder. If the problem persist, try the most new retroarch wii. 1.7.2 as just released.

By the way, Night Slashers I think is not running on mame 2003 on wiiu, but in other mame cores (don't remember exactly the version)

Hi, I can confirm night slasher run on wii u with mame 2003 plus version.

Do you know which core on wii u can run theses games ? I try different rom and either the wii u crash or game running slow..

Dd crew
Baseball bat man
Zero team
Spiderman

soniccomcisbr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, I can confirm night slasher run on wii u with mame 2003 plus version.

Do you know which core on wii u can run theses games ? I try different rom and either the wii u crash or game running slow..

Dd crew
Baseball bat man
Zero team
Spiderman

I remember I played and finished Spiderman on mame2003 on wiiu without any problem

Cecilmax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dont know why you need .dat i dont use these things. To find the roms im using here write on google mame 2003 archive

ah ok, I already have it but I try to find other version because, as example, dd crew is running slow on wii u mame 2003, I dont know if it is the core or the wii u is not fast enough so I try to find the rom for fba alpha version or mame 2009 or mame 2010 ..

same thing for zero team, ninja baseball bat man, the roms I have run very slow on mame 2003. I think it could work well under mame 2003-plus, but I try to compile wiimphati source for wii U without success, I wish he can take time to compile his source for wii U :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-