Homebrew Mame 2003 Plus

SieKensou

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Congratulations @Wiimpathy for the great job you are doing with this MAME2003 cores. Some games works much better than in FBA or MAME2000 cores.
I tested some games and I noticed some problems in some games and maybe you can check them.

Core B:
- Puzzle Bobble 2, 3 and 4 works slow.

- Puchi Carat doesn't load :(

Core C:
- Mortal Kombat games works too much worse than in FBA in this case, too slow, MK2 without sound...

- NBA Jam games works slow.

Core D:
-Altered Beast doesn't run well, the enemies doesn't dissapear of the screen when destroyed and the automatic scroll moves too slow.

- Hang On doesn't show the road.

-SegaSonic loads okay, but when it goes to the tittle screen it doesn't appear in full screen correctly and when I press start it automatically returns to the Homebrew channel.

-Bonanza Bros. It works, but too slow.

-Turbo OutRun doesn't load.

Core E:
- Dragon Ball Z 2 Super Battle doesn't load. I would like to try this game a lot.

Core G:
- Gals Panic 2, 4, S and S2 doesn't load.

- Panic Street doesn't load and makes it go back to the Homebrew Channel.

- Puzzle Loop doesn't load.

- Thunder Hoop 2 works too slow and with a message on the screen that says COPROCESSOR BAD (I don't know if it works fine in this same version of MAME for PC).

- World Rally works too slow and with bad graphics :(

Thanks!

Last edited by SieKensou,

Cecilmax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ssridersabd.zip

look on gametronik website.

Congratulations @Wiimpathy for the great job you are doing with this MAME2003 cores. Some games works much better than in FBA or MAME2000 cores.
I tested some games and I noticed some problems in some games and maybe you can check them.

Core D:
-Altered Beast doesn't run well, the enemies doesn't dissapear of the screen when destroyed and the automatic scroll moves too slow.

- Hang On doesn't show the road.

-SegaSonic loads okay, but when it goes to the tittle screen it doesn't appear in full screen correctly and when I press start it automatically returns to the Homebrew channel.

-Bonanza Bros. It works, but too slow.

Core E:
Dragon Ball Z 2 Super Battle doesn't load. I would like to try this game a lot.

Thanks!

Oh, ¿and anyone knows the name of the zip file for the Sunset Riders 2P versus? ("ssriders.zip" is the 4p version)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here are Mame 2003 cores containing almost all drivers. There are 7 cores. Neogeo/CPS1/CPS2/CPS3/Psikyo/PGM/Cave/ST-V/Kinst and a few others are excluded since they are already in FBA or would be too slow.
Check the Readme to see which games are supported and how to sort the roms.

MAME 2003 Plus

Source code

I just test : grdians.zip and it doesnt load, just return to retroarch. It work well with FBA core, there must be something missing ? I have try different zip, same result..

Last edited by Cecilmax,

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder why Denjin Makai I is not in driver.c ? it is unfinished for emulation ?
For denjin Makai if the arcade version doesn't work there is a super famicom/nintendo port of the game called Ghost Chaser Densei that can be played if you are still looking to play this beat em up game.

Reactions: Cecilmax

soniccomcisbr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I wonder why Denjin Makai I is not in driver.c ? it is unfinished for emulation ?
This one look hard to emulate. On Wiiu it work on Mame 2003 nor Mame2009, but is working on Mame 2010.

For denjin Makai if the arcade version doesn't work there is a super famicom/nintendo port of the game called Ghost Chaser Densei that can be played if you are still looking to play this beat em up game.
A very inferior port,

Cecilmax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This one look hard to emulate. On Wiiu it work on Mame 2003 nor Mame2009, but is working on Mame 2010.

A very inferior port,

I found it lol I search the wrong name. but guardians (denjin makai II still doesnt load) and it does with FBA ..

markwkidd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are Mame 2003 cores containing almost all drivers. There are 7 cores. Neogeo/CPS1/CPS2/CPS3/Psikyo/PGM/Cave/ST-V/Kinst and a few others are excluded since they are already in FBA or would be too slow.
Check the Readme to see which games are supported and how to sort the roms.

Would you be willing to talk with us about your work in the issues section of the mame2003-plus github repository?

If you are finding new ways to speed optimize mame2003-plus then it might be worth adding them directly to the repository for everyone with low-power systems to benefit from.

Cecilmax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would you be willing to talk with us about your work in the issues section of the mame2003-plus github repository?

If you are finding new ways to speed optimize mame2003-plus then it might be worth adding them directly to the repository for everyone with low-power systems to benefit from.

That would be awesome if we can optimize it to be able to run spiderman at full speed (with the speech voice) on wii and couple of other games like arabian fight :)

And I am always available to test it on my wii.

Last edited by Cecilmax,
Reactions: markwkidd

markwkidd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be awesome if we can optimize it to be able to run spiderman at full speed (with the speech voice) on wii and couple of other games like arabian fight :)

And I am always available to test it on my wii.

Thanks, testing is so essential since coders working on the libretro cores often don't have the same equipment that users are testing with.

I'm not a regular reader here so please feel free to help direct anyone working with mame2003 or mame2003-plus to the github repositories. New contributors are welcome.

Last edited by markwkidd,

Cecilmax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, testing is so essential since coders working on the libretro cores often don't have the same equipment that users are testing with.

I'm not a regular reader here so please feel free to help direct anyone working with mame2003 or mame2003-plus to the github repositories. New contributors are welcome.

My pleasure, if I can make a suggestion, its not always intuitive to know if a game doesnt work/start because of the limitation of the wii or because we dont have the right romset. If we can change the code to write a log to know if it fail because of the romset it would help a lot :)

markwkidd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My pleasure, if I can make a suggestion, its not always intuitive to know if a game doesnt work/start because of the limitation of the wii or because we dont have the right romset. If we can change the code to write a log to know if it fail because of the romset it would help a lot :)

That would require a change at the RetroArch level -- that kind of information is part of the RetroArch log but I imagine there's no good way to capture it on your console. It's a good suggestion though. You could post about it on the libretro forums or in the RetroArch github issue tracker.

(I can't post URLs because I'm a 'new user' here)

Last edited by markwkidd,

Wiimpathy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

To be honest, at first my goal was only to sort the drivers in order to have a full build by splitting the core. I don't know mame code very well yet to find real new optimizations. The sega32 trick by changing v60 clock is taken from arcadez suggestion: https://github.com/arcadez/mame2003-plus-libretro/issues/22
There were also slowdowns caused by re-arranging the drivers sources(?!). Anyway, if you think it's worthy it could be added to the repository. The incomplete and useless virtual memory code should be removed in this case. It's copyrighted by Tueidj and he allowed me to use it but I still don't know if he's ok for his code to be used in the libretro repository.

Reactions: rogerioronin

silviola

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello. What a beautiful job was done in this port of Mame 2003 to Wii.
I'm having a little bug here in the latest Retroarch version 1.7.1: my Hori Arcade Stick is getting kind of crazy. I tried to use this core in version 1.2.2 but the games crash in few seconds after open. Could anyone tell me which versions of R.A. work with this core of Mame 2003? (so I'll test to see one that does not bug Hori Arcade Stick).

One idea would be to compile over R.A. 1.3.6. It's possible ?

Last edited by silviola,

Cecilmax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just test the game Ninja baseball bat man with coreA and it have a issue with the speed, if we can fix it somehow it would be great :)

SieKensou

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yes, I noticed the speed problems in Ninja Baseball Bat Man, and Double Dragon II has speed problems too... but is weird in this case... it should run perfectly.
There is something wrong with the Midway games, Mortal Kombat was running good in MAME2000 and it runs slow and with crack sound in this MAME2003 core...

Reactions: rogerioronin

ARCADEHISTORY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The reading from "load recent" of some games like combat school or aquajack hangs and blocks. It is a failure that already occurred in the stable version 1.7.0 of the core of mame2000 with games like hardhead, and that they solved in version 1.7.1. Let's see if you can solve this bug, because I think it's more comfortable to set the game to the load core and load later from "load recent"

Arnol1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
My dear Wiimpathy:
I created a video gathering all the roms thanks to the instructions you indicated.
I know that they do not all work, but this achievement is already very big.
I really am very grateful for the contributions you make.
Here I leave the video which is in Spanish (I am from Chile), but I have added subtitles so that it can be translated by youtube.

Thank you very much =)

Cecilmax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My dear Wiimpathy:
I created a video gathering all the roms thanks to the instructions you indicated.
Here I leave the video which is in Spanish (I am from Chile), but I have added subtitles so that it can be translated by youtube.

Thank you very much =)

Great video :) quick question: do you have sound of speech when spiderman get onto the wall in the intro ? I saw may videos on youtube about spiderman the video game and it have voice sound and I dont have it on my side on Wii, I wonder if it is a bug or something else ?

SieKensou

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
My dear Wiimpathy:

Thank you very much =)

In the video you said that World Rally and World Rally 2 works.. the first one shows garbled graphics for me and the second doesn't load. Are you sure that they works?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night