Will take a look at your compatibility list, then I'll extract the roms from 0.78 romset, and I'll add them to my compatibility lists.
Thanks for the help.
EDIT: narc.zip romset 0.135 (sorry for typo) in MAME2000... not MAME 2003 Plus.
Post automatically merged:
Sorry for double posting:
Full Non Merged should be better, as it has 5077 roms against 4723 (which makes the list much smaller because it's got a lot of clones and bootlegs)...
So I'll stick with the Non-Merged, and when I'm done sorting the roms I'll update the Rom's List.
EDIT: It's been over a year since I last turned on my Wii... Wiimote got a bit yellow somehow!
Sorry for necrobumping this thread!
But just found a MAME 0.78 Romset that, in theory is compatible with these cores.
Over 4000+ roms are in theory playable, and I'm using it to create a new compatibility list.
I already had my own lists but they're not from 0.78 romset, but rather the "Full Non Merged 2003" romset and right away I've noticed a lot of inconsistencies.
For instance:
- xmen2p.zip from "Full Non Merged" works with Core E flawlessly.
- xmen2p.zip from "0.78" works with Core E (alt) but not with Core E.
- wow.zip from "0.78" has sound issues.
- wow.zip from "Full Non Merged" is fine.
- narc.zip from "Full Non Merged" has fps issues.
- narc.zip from "MAME 0.185" reaches 57 fps.
Do we have a real estimate of the amount of roms that works?
I've noticed the "Compatibility List" above this post, but it's missing some roms that I have working in my RetroArch-Wii!
What I'm trying to do is a "more complete list" using:
"MAME 0.78 romset" containing +4K roms.
"Full Non Merged MAME 2003 Plus" containing +5K roms.
"Whatever other MAME romsets might work with the split cores"
Just asking if anyone has a more complete list than my lists (attached below 748 different working roms! excluding CPS1, CPS2, CPS3, NEOGEO, FB ALPHA 2012, MAME 2000).
If you happen to know more roms that works, please post them so I can test them with "0.78" which is the version "MAME 2003 Plus" is based from.
Post automatically merged:
Este video es demasiado estúpido. Jamás debes de mover la configuración de MAME dentro de los cores, por que puedes romper controles debido a que modificar controles desde menú de MAME crea archivos .ini...
Could you help me set a custom resolution? Mortal Kombat on Core C3 has 400x254 res. Also Terminator 2 and Total Carnage on Core C3 have 410x256 res. Any help would be appreciated.
Which version of RetroArch are you using for this to work? I downloaded the version from the RetroArch website, but I can't see the cores listed here. Is there anywhere I can look them up? Thanks!
Which version of RetroArch are you using for this to work? I downloaded the version from the RetroArch website, but I can't see the cores listed here. Is there anywhere I can look them up? Thanks!
Yes they are the same cores, the only difference is the MAME only release has it own root folder and apps folder for separate configurations and saves. This allows it to work as its own entity/standalone setup with its own channel to be independent from the Frankenstein release.
I used Frankenstein 2025, loaded the MAME 2003 D2 core, and then the game (Golden Axe 2).
The result:
- Audio crackling and graphic stuttering
If I close Frankenstein and start it again, the D2 core now is already pre-loaded. I only simply load the Golden Axe 2 game (ga2.ZIP)
The result:
Graphics smooth (most times), audio perfect (most times)
If I do not use Frankenstein, I mean to load the MAME 2003 D2 core directly over WiiXplorer), the sound is crackling and graphics stuttering.
But if I close the content (the rom) and reload the game, the result is even better than the Frankenstein method, nearly perfect!
(If I do all above steps with Golden Axe 1, there no issues like that.)
i do not unterstand this different behavior. As soon as the D2 core is loaded, the application base is RA 1.7.6 and the Frankenstein RA 1.121 cannot interfere the loaded D2 core.
I thought it's a RA1.7.6 issue and tried Mahoney's compile of System32 core with RA 1.15.0 but this core do not recognise his own core (always asks to load a core, even it's loaded)
Is there a possibility to compile the System32 core with an current RA release?
I used Frankenstein 2025, loaded the MAME 2003 D2 core, and then the game (Golden Axe 2).
The result:
- Audio crackling and graphic stuttering
If I close Frankenstein and start it again, the D2 core now is already pre-loaded. I only simply load the Golden Axe 2 game (ga2.ZIP)
The result:
Graphics smooth (most times), audio perfect (most times)
If I do not use Frankenstein, I mean to load the MAME 2003 D2 core directly over WiiXplorer), the sound is crackling and graphics stuttering.
But if I close the content (the rom) and reload the game, the result is even better than the Frankenstein method, nearly perfect!
(If I do all above steps with Golden Axe 1, there no issues like that.)
i do not unterstand this different behavior. As soon as the D2 core is loaded, the application base is RA 1.7.6 and the Frankenstein RA 1.121 cannot interfere the loaded D2 core.
I thought it's a RA1.7.6 issue and tried Mahoney's compile of System32 core with RA 1.15.0 but this core do not recognise his own core (always asks to load a core, even it's loaded)
Is there a possibility to compile the System32 core with an current RA release?
I used Frankenstein 2025, loaded the MAME 2003 D2 core, and then the game (Golden Axe 2).
The result:
- Audio crackling and graphic stuttering
If I close Frankenstein and start it again, the D2 core now is already pre-loaded. I only simply load the Golden Axe 2 game (ga2.ZIP)
The result:
Graphics smooth (most times), audio perfect (most times)
If I do not use Frankenstein, I mean to load the MAME 2003 D2 core directly over WiiXplorer), the sound is crackling and graphics stuttering.
But if I close the content (the rom) and reload the game, the result is even better than the Frankenstein method, nearly perfect!
(If I do all above steps with Golden Axe 1, there no issues like that.)
i do not unterstand this different behavior. As soon as the D2 core is loaded, the application base is RA 1.7.6 and the Frankenstein RA 1.121 cannot interfere the loaded D2 core.
I thought it's a RA1.7.6 issue and tried Mahoney's compile of System32 core with RA 1.15.0 but this core do not recognise his own core (always asks to load a core, even it's loaded)
Is there a possibility to compile the System32 core with an current RA release?
I have been trying every version of MAME for the Wii including this. I can't get light gun working on any of them. I get the roms to load and run (like Hogan's Alley) but it only works with the d-pad. I have tried re-mapping the gun controller section with no luck. All the forum posts indicate it just works. I haven't seen any info on control mapping. Help.
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
The 2007 Nintendo Wii classic Super Mario Galaxy has reportedly been 100% decompiled by the SMGCommunity under the project codename Petari, and now a standalone PC...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...