Mame 2003 Plus

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Wiimpathy, Mar 23, 2018.

1. djsilke

djsilke Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    @Wiimpathy spiderman is working perfect on the latest Core D update. Thanks man!

rogerioronin likes this.
  2. ARCADEHISTORY

ARCADEHISTORY Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2018
    Spain
    @Wiimpathy Since the CoreD update, shooting games like Jurassic park or Alien3: the gun, have no sound. And it's a shame because its playability is perfect with the latest updates. Once again, a thousand thanks for your work, so taken to the limit of arcade emulation to the wii, you think it would be possible to emulate in wii a mame after the MAME2003?, is to see if some games that in the MAME2003 give problems that have been corrected in versions of mame after the MAME2003 work better

Last edited by ARCADEHISTORY, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Traly

Traly Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2018
    Spain
    Wiimpathy, Thanks a lot for this amazing achivement.

Anybody knows if there is a way to use that cores over Wiiflow as I do with other retroarch cores (fbalpha2012_CPS1, CPS2, Neogeo)?

I tried with Mame 2000 core too, but I couldn't with this either.

4. Cecilmax

Cecilmax GBAtemp Fan

Mar 7, 2015
    Canada
    Yes its possible, I use wiiflow master mod, search for wiiflow master mod on google ;)

5. Traly

Traly Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2018
    Spain
    Thanks Cecilmax, but I'm using "WiiFlow v4.2.3 MasterMod Pack".

Then it is weird, because I've edited the mame plugin to use the mame-2000 or mame-2003 cores. When I try to play a game I get a black screen. After that, wiiflow restarts. However, When I use any other retroarch cores (fbalpha2012_CPS1, CPS2, Neogeo) I can play them with no problem

This is my mame-wii.ini file:

[PLUGIN]
    arguments={device}:/{path}/{name}
    bannersound=mame-wii.ogg
    consolecoverid=
    covercolor=ffffff
    coverfolder=mame
    displayname=Mame
    dolfile=mame2003-plus_coreD_libretro_wii.dol
    filetypes=.zip
    magic=4d414d57
    romdir=Retroarch/mame2003/RomsCoreD

The dol file is in /WiiFlow/plugins and I've verified the romdir is correct (I can choose the roms in wiiflow so the path is ok) The name of the dol file is right too.

I can play the games located in Retroarch/mame2003/RomsCoreD using retroarch from HomeBrewChannel.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Traly, Nov 5, 2018
  6. Gamecuber

Gamecuber Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2012
    Switzerland
    cvskid and rogerioronin like this.
  7. Cecilmax

Cecilmax GBAtemp Fan

Mar 7, 2015
    Canada
    hmm, does it work with original core with wiiflow ?

Try this:
    set it up to work with original core and if its work, try to just replace the dol file with the new CoreD version but keep the same name, just rename the file.

Last edited by Cecilmax, Nov 6, 2018
  8. rogerioronin

rogerioronin Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2013
    Brazil
    Jandira, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Congratulations on the work!

Where can I download this modification made by you?

9. Wiimpathy
    OP

Wiimpathy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 3, 2010
    France
    The arguments are different for retroarch, it should be:
    arguments={device}:/{path}/|{name}
    There are 2 distinct args, the | is a kind of seperator.

Ok cool. I wanted to post a capcom core too some days ago. As you know there are a few games that don't work in fba and are ok in mame2003, bionic commando for example. But to be honest, these split cores are really hard to maintain alone, the latest updates didn't go very well either(mk drivers gives weird compile errors).

bm123456, cvskid and rogerioronin like this.
  10. Gamecuber

Gamecuber Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2012
    Switzerland
    Maybe you have to wait for Wiimpathy's build. I only built the ones for Raspberry Pi 3.

rogerioronin likes this.
  11. Traly

Traly Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2018
    Spain
    Thanks! It works.

Cecilmax likes this.
  12. comokepa

comokepa Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2013
    The rom packs linked to in the video description lack some of the ones listed in the compatibility list text files in Compat.zip. Is that deliberate? If so, is it because you checked that the ones you left out do not work properly?

13. comokepa

comokepa Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2013
    @Wiimpathy, I am curious about what seem some discrepancies between compatibility according to driverwii.c and the coreX.txt files (I have tested none; I am simply trying to gather a rom set particular to this release). Could you review whether they are OK as they are?:

• As for core B, driverwii.c lists `tetrist` commented out, yet it is included in coreB.txt.
    • As for coreC, driverwii.c lists a bunch of roms inside

/* Williams/Midway games */
      #if 0
      […]
      #endif

yet they are included in coreC.txt too.
    • As for coreD, driverwii.c lists a bunch of roms under

/* Sega System 16 games */
      // Not working

and

/* not working */

and

/* the following don't work at all */

which are nevertheless not commented out, and are included in coreD.txt too.
      Also, driverwii.c lists `sonicbom` commented out, and `arescue` inside `#if 0`, yet both are included in CoreD.txt too.
      Also, CoreD.txt includes some that are not listed at all in driverwii.c as rom but referred to with their title inside a comment. What in driverwii.c is:

/* Diet GoGo MAY (c) 1993 */
      /* Pocket Gal DX MAZ (c) 1993 */
      /* Boogie Wings/The Great Ragtime Show MBD (c) 1993 */
      /* Double Wings MBE (c) 1993 Mitchell */

in CoreD.txt becomes:

dietgo.zip
      dietgoe.zip
      dietgou.zip
      dietgoj.zip
      pktgaldx.zip
      pktgaldj.zip
      boogwing.zip
      boogwinga.zip
      ragtime.zip
      ragtimea.zip
      dblewing.zip

Lastly, CoreD.txt, lists a rom named `.zip` which I guess is a mistake.
    • As for core E, CoreE.txt includes `hcrash.zip` and `hcrashc.zip`, which are not listed in driverwii.c.
    • As for core F, CoreF.txt includes `teetert.zip`, which is not listed in driverwii.c.
    • As for core G, both driverwii.c & CoreG.txt list `rockn`, but only the latter includes `rockna.zip`, `rockn2.zip`, `rockn3.zip`, & `rockn4.zip` too.
      Also, CoreG.txt includes `inyourfa.zip`, `wingforc.zip`, `packbang.zip` and `dynagear.zip`, which are not listed in driverwii.c.
      Also, what in driverwii.c is only a mention of a title commented out:

/* Thunder Hoop */ /* (c) 1992 - Ref 922804/1 */

in CoreG.txt becomes:

thoop.zip

Also, while both driverwii.c & CoreG.txt list `brapboys`, only the latter includes in `brapboysj.zip`.
      Same with both listing `vasara` but only CoreG.txt including `vasara2.zip` and `vasara2a.zip`.
      Same with both listing `asurabld` but only CoreG.txt including `asurabus.zip`.
      Same with both listing `countrun` and `countrnb` but only CoreG.txt including `countrb2.zip`.
    • Lastly, all thoughout driverwii.c there are quite a few titles referred to in comments, without listing their roms, and those roms are neither included in their respective CoreX.txt.

Last edited by comokepa, Dec 22, 2018
  14. Wiimpathy
    OP

Mar 3, 2010
    France
    The compat .txt aren't 100% correct. There were generated with simple scripts at one point. Also between mame versions, there are differences(mk games don't work in 0.3) and maybe .txt weren't updated.
    And with thousands games, I haven't tested all of them myself!:)

15. comokepa

comokepa Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2013
    I understand that. I was not asking about what actually works, but about what is actually loadable at all (even if emulation ends up not working partially or at all). I guess that would translate to what there is a proper driver for, right? And in that case, am I right then in taking driverwii.c as the canonical answer for what roms are in and which ones are out?

16. Wiimpathy
    OP

Mar 3, 2010
    France
    You're right, just look at driverwii.c

17. niuus

niuus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    Does a Wii version exist with just the Midway drivers for Mortal Kombat games?

18. Wiimpathy
    OP

Mar 3, 2010
    France
  19. niuus

niuus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    rogerioronin likes this.
  20. Wiimpathy
    OP

Mar 3, 2010
    France
    niuus

In fact, you have several choices :
    - in MAME2003-WII-0.2 CoreC there are all playable midway games. Performance isn't good for mk3...
    - Mame2000. Drivers are incomplete.
    - You'll find several builds in this thread : https://gbatemp.net/threads/question-about-mame-etc-and-240p.397200/

The sound is very low by default, you can change the volume cf. https://gbatemp.net/threads/question-about-mame-etc-and-240p.397200/page-2#post-5726764

There's also a libretro midway core that you'll find in attachement. Performance in mk3 at least is rather good. I wanted to make a custom midway core with the speedhacks but grew very tired of all this mame stuff.
    I also uploaded a Capcom core if some of you are still interested. Bionic commando and others not compatible in FBA are playable.

Mame2003_midway source code

Attached Files:

Last edited by Wiimpathy, Jan 22, 2019
    Hakaisha, niuus and rogerioronin like this.