Mame 2003 Plus

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Wiimpathy, Mar 23, 2018.

1. TheManHimself

TheManHimself Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2019
    United States
    I recently had to rebuild my Wii's SD card and set up everything again. For some reason the Mame 2003 core will not accept diagonal inputs anymore. Every other core is accepting them, so I know it isn't an input issue; and it is a fresh install, so other than the .cfgs for the arcade resolutions, everything is stock.

Any ideas?

(edit)

The default analog deadzone for MAME 03 is set to .20, and Retroarch's is set to .50. This prevents diagonal movement. Easy fix: set RA's deadzone to whatever you prefer and set MAME 03's deadzone in the quick menu to 0. This might be helpful to somebody setting up the core on a fresh install, so I'll leave this here.

Last edited by TheManHimself, Aug 14, 2019
    rogerioronin and fledge68 like this.
  2. seam

seam GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 23, 2011
    United States
    austin texas
    has anyone been able to get dbz.zip to run? I know it ran on the really old mame-wii. it should run fine on here but doesnt load.

Last edited by seam, Aug 23, 2019
  3. MrSW

MrSW Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2018
    Brunei
    I have a weird issue with the MAME2003 cores, as in it cannot consistently register helding a button press.

For example in R-Type I am not able to fully charge the regular beam without it being shot automatically.

The weird thing is that this issue doesnt happen with the alt cores, so I really don't know whats happening here

4. seam

Jan 23, 2011
    United States
    austin texas
    tried it last night with the normal core (core A i believe it was), works fine

5. MrSW

MrSW Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2018
    Brunei
    hmm, weird, it works fine now, probably fixed it after toying with the settings
    anyway, thanks for testing

6. seam

Jan 23, 2011
    United States
    austin texas
    so can anyone verify whether or not dbz.zip works for them? it worked in the past on an older mame port (like the first mame port)

7. MrSW

MrSW Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2018
    Brunei
    dbz doesnt work for me

8. seam

Jan 23, 2011
    United States
    austin texas
  9. SamyKn

SamyKn Member

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2019
    Australia
    Hi Guys,
    Can i ask a dumby question pls? :(

Should i remove all Retroarch-wii folder contents and replace with the App folder content to test?

10. TheManHimself

TheManHimself Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2019
    United States
    [rescinding original answer to question with obvious answer because the poster is a Nazi]

Last edited by TheManHimself, Aug 26, 2019
    niuus likes this.
  11. SamyKn

SamyKn Member

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2019
    Australia
    No worries mate , i have already found the answer!!
    Btw , you seem more to a Nazi with your attitude than me to be honest :rofl2: