1. TheManHimself

TheManHimself Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I recently had to rebuild my Wii's SD card and set up everything again. For some reason the Mame 2003 core will not accept diagonal inputs anymore. Every other core is accepting them, so I know it isn't an input issue; and it is a fresh install, so other than the .cfgs for the arcade resolutions, everything is stock.

Any ideas?

(edit)

The default analog deadzone for MAME 03 is set to .20, and Retroarch's is set to .50. This prevents diagonal movement. Easy fix: set RA's deadzone to whatever you prefer and set MAME 03's deadzone in the quick menu to 0. This might be helpful to somebody setting up the core on a fresh install, so I'll leave this here.

Last edited by TheManHimself, Aug 14, 2019
    rogerioronin and fledge68 like this.
  2. seam

seam GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    has anyone been able to get dbz.zip to run? I know it ran on the really old mame-wii. it should run fine on here but doesnt load.

Last edited by seam, Aug 23, 2019
  3. MrSW

MrSW GBAtemp Regular

Brunei
    I have a weird issue with the MAME2003 cores, as in it cannot consistently register helding a button press.

For example in R-Type I am not able to fully charge the regular beam without it being shot automatically.

The weird thing is that this issue doesnt happen with the alt cores, so I really don't know whats happening here

4. seam

United States
    tried it last night with the normal core (core A i believe it was), works fine

5. MrSW

MrSW GBAtemp Regular

Brunei
    hmm, weird, it works fine now, probably fixed it after toying with the settings
    anyway, thanks for testing

6. seam

United States
    so can anyone verify whether or not dbz.zip works for them? it worked in the past on an older mame port (like the first mame port)

7. MrSW

MrSW GBAtemp Regular

Brunei
    dbz doesnt work for me

8. seam

United States
  9. SamyKn

SamyKn Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    Hi Guys,
    Can i ask a dumby question pls? :(

Should i remove all Retroarch-wii folder contents and replace with the App folder content to test?

10. TheManHimself

TheManHimself Member
    Newcomer

United States
    [rescinding original answer to question with obvious answer because the poster is a Nazi]

Last edited by TheManHimself, Aug 26, 2019
    Tetsuo Shima and niuus like this.
  11. SamyKn

SamyKn Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    No worries mate , i have already found the answer!!
    Btw , you seem more to a Nazi with your attitude than me to be honest :rofl2:

12. Jcuralli

Jcuralli Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Does MAME 2003 Plus support the Wii Classic Controller? I'm finding I can only use the Gamecube controller and I'd love to use my Arcade Fighter instead (like I can with FBA). Is it simply a matter of me mapping the controls myself? Thanks!

13. fledge68

fledge68 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    fyi in case you don't know. if i have a gc controller plugged in retroarch will automatically use it. i have to unplug it for retroarch to let me use my classic controller.

14. Jcuralli

Jcuralli Member
    Newcomer

United States
    It's definitely recognizing the classic controller and it seems the action buttons work, but the directional controls don't work in any of the games I've tested. They do with the Gamecube controller, but not with the classic controller. It's likely just some small tweak...

15. Jcuralli

Jcuralli Member
    Newcomer

United States
    In the control settings, it looks like I have the option to choose "Classic" in FBA, but in these cores, I only have the option to choose "Classic Gamepad" which isn't the same. The fire buttons, coin button, and start button all work as intended, but the joystick doesn't do anything.

16. Wiimpathy

OP Wiimpathy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    Open Retroarch menu, go to OPTIONS->Control mapping : digital

This should make the dpad work. The input settings are weird in mame2003 indeed.

Jcuralli likes this.
  17. Tototi

Tototi Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Can anyone tell me if the Konami games Metamorphic Force, Violent Storm and Mystic Warriors really do not load in the core E?

18. MKKhanzo

MKKhanzo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Im on the same boat pal, I dont know if I have to delete everything or a new install.

I tried booting from the latest nightly (1.8.6?)

And it after loading the rom, ask me for a core and these dont appear at all...

Any hint? Its like 5 years since I booted RA on Wii (0.9.9 go figure)

19. RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes GBAtemp Fan

United States
    @MKKhanzo ... This is how to set up your directories for MAME & All other systems using RetroArch. I'm using RA 1.8.1 for all console emulation & I'm using @Wiimpathy MAME2003 Plus 1.7.6 cores for Arcade emulation.

Here is a link on how to make the MAME cores stand alone so there is no conflict with other RA versions...
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-one-configuration-file-per-emulator.545488/

20. TheManHimself

TheManHimself Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I just updated Retroarch from 1.7.6 to 1.8.5 (btw, perceivable performance gains in Last Blade 2, running off of your VM FBA!), and when I try to open an archive with one of the MAME 03 cores selected, it puts up a list of other suggested cores, excluding the option for use current core. I know that MAME 03 plus was built with 1.7.6, so it may just be a compatibility issue with the newer release. Do I need to revert back to my old Retroarch folder setup to get this to work, or is there some esoteric RA setting that allows you to boot up with the current core like in previous versions?

Draft saved Draft deleted