Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50 Public Beta Now Available

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by .Chris, Nov 12, 2010.

1. .Chris
    OP

Member .Chris Pffft.

United States
    [​IMG]

The Malwarebytes team is excited to announce the public beta release of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50. This version features many security, performance, stability and functionality improvements, and is without a doubt our best release yet. By releasing a public beta, we are asking for your help to try this version in your own environments and send us your feedback. Barring any significant issues, we expect the beta program to last approximately three weeks, and be followed by the public release of 1.50.

NEW FEATURES:

We are very excited about these major improvements in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50. This version represents a complete overhaul of much of our functionality. Among the highlights are:

1. Dramatically improved scan speed: up to 5 times faster.
    2. Dramatically improved stability of both the scanner and protection module (free and pro version, respectively).
    3. More responsive: program loads up to 3 times faster, and protection module has lower impact on system resources (pro version only).
    4. New internal detection algorithms enable detection of more real-world malware.

5. You can now add files and folders to the ignore list manually.
    6. Ability to schedule and unschedule scans and updates from the command line (pro version only).
    7. Notifications of blocked malicious websites now include additional details such as type, port, and process on Windows Vista and higher.
    8. Dramatically improved flash scan (pro version only) -- determine whether a more in-depth scan is needed, in less than 10 seconds on many machines.
    9. One-touch easy-to-use option to keep protection up-to-date automatically (pro version only).
    10. "Warn if database is outdated by:" option now warns if the database is far out-of-date (7 days by default), including for protection (pro version only).[/p]

WHERE TO GET IT:

We hope we have whetted your appetite enough to try this build today! The beta version is available at the link below. It is fully-functional, and you may install it either fresh, or on top of an existing Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46 installation. Individual feedback should be posted in the beta-test forum link below.

Corporate customers, due to your potentially sensitive information, please provide your feedback via email to your corporate support contact.

Please note that the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50 beta currently supports the English language only.
    As with all beta software, we caution that it may contain bugs, although we have tested it extensively in-house.

Beta: http://message.cleverbridge.com/t?ctl=77B4...0E5AE2A155&

Feedback: http://message.cleverbridge.com/t?ctl=77B5...0E5AE2A155&

Thanks in advance for participating in our beta program!

Quoted from subscription e-mail.

2. Ron

Member Ron somehow a weeb now.

Canada
    Hmm.. This + Avast 5 + Iobit Security 360 might make a computer secure as a wall.

3. .Chris
    OP

Member .Chris Pffft.

United States
    Nearly as secure as the Pentagon. lolz.

4. Ron

Member Ron somehow a weeb now.

Canada
    Might use that combo on my laptop when on vacation [​IMG]

5. .Chris
    OP

Member .Chris Pffft.

United States
    Big security means MOAR pirated roms and iso, and more pr0nz! more lolz.

6. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Awesome program, can't wait for it to come out of beta.

7. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    Are all those free?

8. .Chris
    OP

Member .Chris Pffft.

United States
    I think there might be a trial for it....

9. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Avast & Iobit Security 360 have a free version as well as a full version. Free versions of both work just fine. No, I don't mean trials I mean actual free versions.

10. Advi

Member Advi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Malwarebytes + Microsoft Security Essentials = light as hell security measures

thank you very much for reminding me of this, I need to upgrade MBAM

11. CarbonX13

Member CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Taiwan
    This. Avast gave me too many pop-up messages on my last tryout of it, killed the experience completely. And other anti-virus software eats up my memory and lags my computer. Malwarebytes' and Security Essentials create a perfect combination for lightweight anti-virus setup.

12. .Chris
    OP

Member .Chris Pffft.

United States
    And Avast makes the computer slow, so I'm planning to get Security Essentials.

13. Infinite Zero

Member Infinite Zero Almost!

United States
    I removed Essentials since my dad bought Kaspersky I.S. 2010. Didn't want to waste his money [​IMG] Never had a problem with a virus after it. Malwarebytes has been trustworthy all these times [​IMG]

14. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Gonna upgrade too, thanks for the heads-up!
    My set up is AVG + MBAM + the occasional scan of SUPER.
    Never had any problems at all.

15. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Can't beat a lil bit of websense and Kaspersky should I ever slip up. I don't need it myself, although I can now tell some of my clients about this to let them upgrade. Malwarebytes + MSE = good enough light AV solution (even if not the best).

16. sprogurt

Member sprogurt GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    :wtf:. If Norton doesn't find a virus does that mean your computer is 100% virus free? No anti virus is 100%. Generally overkilling virus scanning is pointless but it's better to be safe than sorry. (MBAM, MSE, Spyware Doctor, ComboFix. Full scan until these scan clean is what we normally do at work.) Also iirc MSE was rated the best anti virus back in July (last tests), I'll try find the link and edit it in.

17. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Somehow I don't feel confident that a virus scan that doesn't work in safe mode (MSE) can be the best anti-virus program.