Hacking MAIO: Moonshell All-in-One for Acekards

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
yes. do not kill yourself just because that problem. well if you want symphaty you already got it from us, don't you recognize it?

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiju, just because those who don't like you pressure you that to think that what you are doing is evil, do you truly believe in your heart that you are evil?

Listen to your own heart, unswayed and without the influence of others, and think about these things for yourself. Often things become good or evil depending upon who looks at it from what point of view, and what motivations were behind the actions.

And like azurewind says, you have plenty of support here (and from even other Japanese I bet too), so don't be so hard on yourself, whether or not it was a mistake, everyone makes them. Even the most perfect Japanese.

Besides, there are plenty of others who program for the NDS, do you think they should die too because it is "harmful"? Everyone has a different view on what is or isn't harmful, and almost everyone here in Czech Republic would tell you that what you did isn't a crime, and you should not punish or do something to yourself because of it.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Software is just bullshit compared to life.
Life is more precious. Please Taiju, forget this bad idea and wakeup from the nightmare you are currently in.
Stay with us.

You know where to find me if you want to talk.

cu.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiju said:
You just don't know the meaning of "recidivism"...I didn't.... so looked it up. So for those who don't know it......
QUOTEre·cid·i·vism
? ?[ri-sid-uh-viz-uhm]
–noun
1.repeated or habitual relapse, as into crime.
2.Psychiatry . the chronic tendency toward repetition of criminal or antisocial behavior patterns.

Recidivism, from Latin recid?vus "recurring", from re- "back" + cad? "I fall") is the act of a person repeating an undesirable behavior after they have either experienced negative consequences of that behavior, or have been treated or trained to extinguish that behavior.
If I read this right - basically it's some1 who repeats a crime despite having been caught once before - i.e. repeat offenders

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Xenon++ said:
OK so I'll do suicide because I'm sure of recidivism. Not wrong theory (regardless of the result)
I like and respect you and all that stuff... but now you're just being ridiculous.
You're making the proverbial mountain out of a mole hill.

If you want to leave the DS scene, then do so.
If you want a reason to stay, we're all here to support you and cheer you on.
But there's no need to dramatize it.

You've got a topic full of fans who want you to stay, that should account for something.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taiju, you need to stop this talk of suicide now.

Depression is not fun, you will find a lot of people on this forum have been there. It can get to the stage where it feels like there is no way out. You will look back on this edpisode and relise things were only a fraction as bad as they actually feel right now.

If I had known you felt so strongly about this there is no way I would have ever pesetered you for help. For that I appologise.

Personaly though, I do not think you have done much wrong. You have written a few bits of code so we can run homebrew on alternate frontends. I fail to see how this makes you responsible for all the piricay taking place. If it wasn't for your work we would just be using akAIO or Wood as we have always done.

Piracy is a crime but so is speeding, unlocking mobile phones and probably a shit load of other things I do every day. For me speeding is a lot worse than piracy as it can actually kill someone yet I still do it. So do I and every other speeding motorist deserve die!. LOL, it would certainly solve the population issue, but seriously, I think you will agree the answer is no.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
ohmy.gif
Seems like MAIO post gone a little off-topic
wink.gif

Mantis41 said:
Taiju, you need to stop this talk of suicide now.I Agree - it is not a good thing to talk about - even if you are only joking (I hope)
... I know how it feels to lose someone close due to a suicide (it still hurts after all this time) so as a personal request from me
- PLEASE stop talking about it, life is for living not for wasting

QUOTEPersonaly though, I do not think you have done much wrong. .....Piracy is a crime but so is speeding, unlocking mobile phones and probably a shit load of other things..... For me speeding is a lot worse than piracy as it can actually kill someone
Good point - IMHO what Taiju has done is on about the same level (although not the same as) as anyone who has ever copied a LP (Yeah I remember those) onto CD/Tape to play in the car - it's (piracy) just not that serious as speeding.

kot7k

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gofansub.net
XP
Country
Spain
I think i dont really get all whats happening here but as far as i understood, some people are saying things in japanese forums pretending to be , i will say "This great retired programmer" (cause i also read we cant call him by his nick anymore). I really dont know what are they saying, but i dont really get, how can some randome people affect someone so much deep inside. You wouldnt have to care so much by other people saying bullshit, you should just ignore. Genious are always weird people and i m really sorry about you leaving the scene. But really, let them say whatever they want, you know what you have done and what you didnt, and dunno about all this sudden concern about all the things you have done before. For 10 peple that hates you for doing that, im sure there are like 1000 loving you for doing that, so man if you want to rest, rest. If you want to continue me and many others would be very happy, but anyways, dont be so concern about things.

Cheers.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Xenon++ said:
In that way I gave WoodMod based on 1.16 to mbmax... But I do regret that. I cannot kill attraction for programming
(It was so appreciating that mbmax told me to forget about WoodMod)

Well what if I have created some shareware crack... And what about mp3s on the Internet...

[edit] It seems no one out of GBATemp is believing that the 493 isn't me...
This file doesn't exist anymore for me. Don't have regrets Taiju.
And have a look at Another World news on the front page and you will see, woodMod is no more required.

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mbmax said:
And have a look at Another World news on the front page and you will see, woodMod is no more required.
Currently no solution for M3.

[edit] also the merit of WoodMod is using .sav and that r4loader is loadable externally (I mean YSMenu GUI (cheat config) for Wood loaders)

[edit2] I regret that I have checked Wood 1.16 source code after "leaving", not giving WoodMod.

Saionji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All M3 user's thanks to you...
Leave in piece and good luck.

If you wold like back someday we all be waiting =)
Thx for all man... (Спасибо)

Leave this world is not good chose...
Life is not stay at one place...

If you think you do all much as you can - you wrong!
If the night darker than ever just remember - after night becomes beautiful sunny day ^^
Or something like that sorry for my English but i think you can understand what i try told to you...

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
IMHO I think we've been a little
offtopic.gif
since page 26
laugh.gif

To get back on topic - a question to Taiju....

It's been awhile since I made the first MAIO so I've forgotten.... Was it you or some1 else who created the loader that allowed MS2 to autoboot on the AK2i ??
(IIRC it's the 'akmenu4.nds' ~170Kb in size)

If it wasn't you then, in theory, there could be a return of MAIO but WITHOUT the Commercial ROM loading feature - since all this means is that a normal MS2 would be used, without any modified 'overlay.dll' & most importantly without the 'inilink' files (In theory that is).....

...which would also mean it'll should be possible to have a 'MAIO v4 NCRE' (a 'Non Commercial Running Edition' perhaps) with the Moonshell 2 'Child' version + AKAIO 1.8.1

If however you (Taiju) did make the alternative loader - then that theory is out the window......
cry.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
IMHO I think we've been a little
offtopic.gif
since page 26
laugh.gif

To get back on topic - a question to Taiju....

It's been awhile since I made the first MAIO so I've forgotten.... Was it you or some1 else who created the loader that allowed MS2 to autoboot on the AK2i ??
(IIRC it's the 'akmenu4.nds' ~170Kb in size)

If it wasn't you then, in theory, there could be a return of MAIO but WITHOUT the Commercial ROM loading feature - since all this means is that a normal MS2 would be used, without any modified 'overlay.dll' & most importantly without the 'inilink' files (In theory that is).....

...which would also mean it'll should be possible to have a 'MAIO v4 NCRE' (a 'Non Commercial Running Edition' perhaps) with the Moonshell 2 'Child' version + AKAIO 1.8.1

If however you (Taiju) did make the alternative loader - then that theory is out the window......
cry.gif
1). I think he did.
2). It wouldn't mean it's not possible... just that someone else would have to make one, preferably without stealing his code.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Being old and bitter has its advantages lol