ROM Hack Magnius's Pokemon Soul Silver Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

hakarx

Trophies
XP
Country
i got a problem,im using the latest version of the patch,3.1 i think,but when i try to go to the pokegear the screen turns black :S

sorry for any errors,im portuguese

PewpewFiah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Amirite said:
Hey, I was just wondering since I have a saved game on my Soul Silver patched with a previous release of yours, how can I apply the NEW patch without losing data?

I already patched a new clean .nds but my save wasn't there, so i'm figuring that my save is part of the .nds

Appreciate your time for translating and the above guy is a jackass, whatever you want to say sure, i'm a "kid" and I don't want to wait untill spring to have a translated game.
smile.gif

Saved games on the flashcarts are generally stored in the "Save" folder, or "Battery" folder, just look for the .SAV file with the name of your rom, e.g, " Pokémon Silver (English) "
IT IS NEVER STORED IN THE NDS FILE ITSELF. So you'll just have to go looking and you'll also have to make sure the Save file is the same name as the rom, or vice versa in order for it to work.

Enjoy! :]

*Referring to my older post and the Grammar Nazi :]*
I CANT BELIEVE I MISSED THE GRAMMAR ERROR, QQQQQ
I'm a bit of a grammar nazi myself so I can't believe I missed that xD

And yeah it would be relatively easy to find but every little helps when it comes to the noobs around here, (I may be new to this forum but not to NDS logistics) Getting to the trolls before they get to me :] , and it would avoid future comments where people are going: "OMG GAME NO WURK HALP PLX YUR TRANSLATIN SUCKZ".

onivan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
WataruKun said:
- Due to people having problems caused by prepatching Rudolph's patch, the next beta will NOT be pre-patched and you will have to patch it with Rudolph's patch yourself.

Good Lord, NO, the number of people having trouble with it is small, and those are newbies/people without common sense or unlucky MAC users. Only because they whine about it, it doesn't mean you have to take it away from us, the people that appreciate it.

I ranted like that because yeah, I'm lazy and didn't wanted to do a double job
tongue.gif
Really looking forward to the next release and hoping it keeps the Rudolph's patch.

Cheers!

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kidisnice87 said:
WataruKun said:
Forget it, I've wasted my time replying to this guy. He's not here to do anything but stir the pot.

He did a completely reasonable post, and you brush it off like he's trolling.

He's completely right. No translators ever ask people to make videos for them, they translate the games themselves, then they go back and fix whatever mistakes are pointed out. You're just trying to get people to get you popular on youtube, too bad for you the only ones buying this BS are children.

Who are you to say he's right? Are you a translator? No. So you can't say truthfully say whether he's right or wrong and if you asked a few real rom translators(Not HGSS C+Pers who don't know a spic of Japanese), they would tell you that you are wrong. For instance, I bet you've never heard of a professional translator named Ted Woolsey. In an interview of his, it was stated that he sometimes asked for tapes, to help him translate faster. So be quite, because I've just proven even more that you know nothing about what you talk about.

Stop being a diva and either finish the translation or quit doing it, all this "you guyz are ruining it for yourselves" crap isn't working, since no matter what you do we're getting a professional translation in Spring.

Proof that you have either not been reading this thread or you just choose to ignore the real reason I stated for needing videos.

You wasted your time typing this bro. I could tell you why you're ignorant, as it's obvious. I could tell you how you are wrong on many levels. But I'm not, because you are not worth it and you probably wouldn't even reply back anyway. That's what a person who's stirring the pot does, he makes an argument, then when you reply, he is nowhere to be found anymore.

Let me just put this way, if you actually knew anything about translating games, you would know why your post is ignorant.

Second, if you read through the topic and read the real reason I want videos, you would again, find why your argument is ignorant.

This isn't a discussion topic.

This is a topic where you:
A. Ask questions about the game
B. Ask help if you have a problem with the patch
OR
C. Report errors with the translation.

I didn't bold those points for you, but I bolded those points so that future naysayers and ignoramouses like you will stop arguing the damned baseless points over and over.

hakarx

Trophies
XP
Country
hakarx said:
i got a problem,im using the latest version of the patch,3.1 i think,but when i try to go to the pokegear the screen turns black :S

UP,wataru help :S
i was totally ignored

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hakarx said:
hakarx said:

UP,wataru help :S
i was totally ignored
Use the search button. Others have had this problem too and some have fixed it.

Also, I recently had an idea, what would you guys think if I let people Beta Test my patches before I release them?

What I'd probably do is get like 6 people to Beta Test it, before that version of the Beta is released.

onivan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
WataruKun said:

Also, I recently had an idea, what would you guys think if I let people Beta Test my patches before I release them?

What I'd probably do is get like 6 people to Beta Test it, before that version of the Beta is released.

Sounds fair and would make the releases raise in quality sacrificing a bit of time. Acceptable enough for me. I can volunteer for the task, I would be doing it on SoulSilver. I use Original R4 with 1.18 Firmware, and I haven't faced any problem with crashes.

Cheers
...and off to school, be back in ~5 hours.

photogroupie

Trophies
XP
Country
So far i've encountered no issues with Heart Gold version on AceKard 2i with latest Akaio Firmware and Loaders (used on DS Lite). If you need a tester, give me a shout.

Thanks for all the hard work. I cant imagine how much time and effort you must be putting into this.

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hatsu said:
QUOTE said:
preferably if you add the .patch extension, I did that since I noticed that same problem, and using Raquib&Rikin's patch (with .patch extension) I tried the same and noticed it worked since V1 until now.

Cheers!

Thanks! I'll try that.

Now I get this:
ddd.gif

(Nice photoshopping skillz! lol)

Really need some help...

Could someone PLEASE help me...

Help please! And the new screens are awesome!

SUGGESTION: How about menus that don't SHOUT at you? (Just menus not all in capitals)

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hatsu said:
Hatsu said:
QUOTE said:
preferably if you add the .patch extension, I did that since I noticed that same problem, and using Raquib&Rikin's patch (with .patch extension) I tried the same and noticed it worked since V1 until now.

Cheers!

Thanks! I'll try that.

Now I get this:
ddd.gif

Really need some help...

SUGGESTION: How about menus that don't SHOUT at you? (Just menus not all in capitals)
No. Look at the official menu translations for I don't know, EVERY POKEMON GAME BEFORE HGSS.

They're staying the same because that's how they are in the official Pokemon translations.

But just because it's official doesn't mean...

Stop right there, I'm trying to make this patch look as official as it can for a fan patch. Buh bye.

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WataruKun said:
Hatsu said:
Hatsu said:
QUOTE said:

Cheers!

Thanks! I'll try that.

Now I get this:
ddd.gif

Really need some help...

No. Look at the official menu translations for I don't know, EVERY POKEMON GAME BEFORE HGSS.

They're staying the same because that's how they are in the official Pokemon translations.

But just because it's official doesn't mean...

Stop right there, I'm trying to make this patch look as official as it can for a fan patch. Buh bye.

Well, I'm just saying it would look nicer. It's just a suggestion, you don't have to do that if you don't want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: