ROM Hack Magnius's Pokemon Soul Silver Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

PewpewFiah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I use "No$GBA" as an emulator for testing the roms, But I play it on my DS.
There's a Cheat code for the black screens though.
In the cheats menu of your emulator select "Action Replay DS" and "RAW" as the type of cheat and input:

020DD9E4 E1A00000

Try that code before trying another emulator.

EDIT: ParMA - If your getting the white screen error you've got a bad dump of the rom. Look for the Xenophobia dumps of Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

Shinryuji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hatsu said:
Hatsu said:
QUOTE said:
preferably if you add the .patch extension, I did that since I noticed that same problem, and using Raquib&Rikin's patch (with .patch extension) I tried the same and noticed it worked since V1 until now.

Cheers!

Thanks! I'll try that.

Now I get this:
ddd.gif

(Nice photoshopping skillz! lol)

Really need some help...

Could someone PLEASE help me...

Reason for Edit: Trying Rich Text Editor! [/p]
Has anyone got this working using the mac xDelta patcher? I haven't tried in a while, but I did get it to work with the first patch. So unless something has changed in the coding since the first patch, then I have no idea what's wrong. However, from what I can see, the app looks like it doesn't recognise the patch. Or the rom ._.

QUOTE(ParMa @ Oct 20 2009, 12:38 PM)
Another epic win for Wataru.
This is just gonna get better as it rolls along.
Par, you're really just here for the trolls aren't you?
tongue.gif

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol still haven't seen any video walkthroughs or anything.

It actually does make the time it takes for me to translate the beta longer, because without video walkthroughs, I have to play through the whole game again to see my mistakes.

mike10522

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded Xenophobia dump, and patched, when i opened the gui and tried patching soul silver, it took like 3 seconds, i loaded the game but the into is not translated is this correct? or is there some reason why it isn't patching?

I got past the into, talked to "Mom" and it isn't translating, following what it says to do on the first post, but isn't patching

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mike10522 said:
I downloaded Xenophobia dump, and patched, when i opened the gui and tried patching soul silver, it took like 3 seconds, i loaded the game but the into is not translated is this correct? or is there some reason why it isn't patching?

I got past the into, talked to "Mom" and it isn't translating, following what it says to do on the first post, but isn't patching
Yep, you did something wrong. Should definitely take more than 3 seconds.

I've decided that since the hype has sort of gone down now, that it'll be a while till I release the next patch.

Heck, it might be up to Mahogany, maybe even Blackthorn by the next patch.

Vids would help me get done faster, but I see no one's making any.

dartdude6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
mike10522 said:

I've decided that since the hype has sort of gone down now, that it'll be a while till I release the next patch.

I have a video series coming soon, I just need to figure out how to record sound properly (Not my fault, my audio card driver is really stupid). I think I know how now, but I need to buy a cable. I was going to wait until beta 4 to make the videos, but if the next beta is going to go to Mahogany or Blackthorn I'll see if I can get the cable tomorrow. And I know this has been asked many times in this thread, but the beta 3.1 patch's save file should work with your next patch, right?

mike10522

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mike10522 said:

still has problem -.-'

Holyevil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
mike10522 said:

You act like making videos is such an easy thing. You have to download all the proper things, record the footage and make sure it looks good, then you have to render it, and wait for it to upload on youtube. I don't see why videos would be necessary for making a translation. None of the other translations have relied on the users of the translation to help them by making videos. Ever heard of Action replay? Get a walk through walls code or hack some level 100 Pokemon (I can even give you codes for WTW's and a level 100 event Arceus), that will "help" you see any errors as you progress through the game. You don't need to correct all your errors before you move on anyways, you can always go back and fix them. I don't get why you're all focused on getting help now, you said you wanted to do your translation alone anyways.

I'm in no position to complain, but now you're just "punishing" us (The users of your translation) because we wont make you video walkthroughs to make your patch more popular. You don't need us for errors, you just want us to promote your patch more. Don't try and say the hype of your patch has gone down because people don't make video walkthroughs, HG/SS have been out for awhile now, the hype was bound to die. However, people are still interested in your patch, just look at the amount of pages in this thread. Don't let us all down by letting the power of having the furthest translated patch at the moment, go to your head. It seems like you're threatening to slow your patch or release it later because you don't get what you want. Although, it is your right since you are doing this patch. You can go ahead and do it but you'll disappoint myself and plenty of others and lose our respect. We might as well just wait until Spring of 2010.

Note: I'm not just some random noob, I've been reading this thread from the beginning.

SushiTheLegend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gah, I am getting so peeved. I've updated my M3 to the latest release and have updated SS to 3.1 and yet it still gives me a black screen freeze when I touch the PokeGear, now I don't know why this is happening because it works fine on NO$GBA, can anyone help me?

mike10522

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no my braille computer screen is hard to read when I have gloves on.
if it worked on nogba then just use that.

WataruKun, how can I fix my problem?

Alex221

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey when will magnius have a new translation patch? i know it takes long to change the language but i appriciate you editing the dialouge and i appriciate your progress. keep Up The Goood Work Buddy! Thanks for the patch!

Saku3456

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SushiTheLegend said:
Gah, I am getting so peeved. I've updated my M3 to the latest release and have updated SS to 3.1 and yet it still gives me a black screen freeze when I touch the PokeGear, now I don't know why this is happening because it works fine on NO$GBA, can anyone help me?

It's the anti-piracy bundled with this patch; M3 errors with it (I have the same problem). Guess we have to wait for new firmware.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
should it? weird, mine takes about 2-5 seconds depending on what else is open, and it has all the translations when I play it... usually the 0kb file will pop up after 1 second, then it will become the correct size 2-3 seconds later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game