Finnboghi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HackerOfWii said:
Got a mac, btw. Can't do it!

There's a mac version of xDelta, available in another thread.

It works great, and it's really simple.

Also, go WataruKun!
yaynds.gif

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for doing this. You've made me and several other impatient pokemon fans quite content. I just have a few questions before I hop on.

1. I tried this a bit earlier using No$GBA, and it and all other translations have black screens. Does this happen on actual hardware with a flashcart too? If it works fine on a flash cart I"ll have no trouble using it on my CycloDS.

2. Does trading work with this patch? Like would you be able to trade with other DS's with the same patch, or maybe with owners of the Japanese version through Wifi?

3. Is creating a save converter possible once the official version is released? This would be for compatibility reasons more than anything else.

Avalith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:
2. Does trading work with this patch? Like would you be able to trade with other DS's with the same patch, or maybe with owners of the Japanese version through Wifi?

3. Is creating a save converter possible once the official version is released? This would be for compatibility reasons more than anything else.

2. The patch has no effect on the game code itself; it merely translates menus and the script, so trading will work like normal via WiFi.

3. All you should need to do is rename the .sav file so it matches the .nds file.

mauripena

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Mister WataKun I have a problem with the patching tool.
If only you are kind enough to release an alternative for ROM patching it will be just great.
I mean something like the old raqib' s translation patcher (that,If I remember correctly didn't use xDelta).
It seems like the xDelta doesn't work for me at all.
This makes me a bit upset because I wanna try your translation and I can't...

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Avalith said:
s3phir0th115 said:

2. The patch has no effect on the game code itself; it merely translates menus and the script, so trading will work like normal via WiFi.

3. All you should need to do is rename the .sav file so it matches the .nds file.

I suspected trading would work. I just wanted to make sure. (Japanese gamers will likely be confused that the Pokemon are in English though. In a funny way though.)

Regarding saving, I'm not sure it's that simple. As I recall, the Mother 3 translation had a converter made once it was released to aid in the process of using the English patch.

Of course, it may just function fine with the Pokemon having different names. All I'm wanting to have is compatibility with the official USA version once it comes out.

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
mauripena said:
Mister WataKun I have a problem with the patching tool.
If only you are kind enough to release an alternative for ROM patching it will be just great.
I mean something like the old raqib' s translation patcher (that,If I remember correctly didn't use xDelta).
It seems like the xDelta doesn't work for me at all.
This makes me a bit upset because I wanna try your translation and I can't...

if xDelta doesn't load and gives an error message then you might have to install the latest .net Framework version which is currently .net Framework 3.5 and then it should load(this is if your comp is running on a windows os)..

Avalith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:
Regarding saving, I'm not sure it's that simple. As I recall, the Mother 3 translation had a converter made once it was released to aid in the process of using the English patch.

Of course, it may just function fine with the Pokemon having different names. All I'm wanting to have is compatibility with the official USA version once it comes out.

Ah, for the official release. You're right there; the save file won't work since it's bound to a different release ID than the official one will be. I thought you meant for compatibility with the final version of Wataru's patch.
unsure.gif

Dauntless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me, but I can't get the newest patch working on no$gba, is there a fix available? Other emulators won't even run it.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dauntless said:
Excuse me, but I can't get the newest patch working on no$gba, is there a fix available? Other emulators won't even run it.
That's rather vague. I use No$GBA and it works for me.

Wait let me guess... You get a black screen at the beginning of New Bark Town, but music still plays?

Then input these two codes...

Code:
020DD9E4 E1A00000

and

CODE020D3820 E1A00000

Make sure that they're action replay codes and they're set to raw.

If it's not even STARTING the game, then I don't know what to tell ya.

Dauntless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not even starting. I take my rom, patch it with version2, open it, go to the menu, select the game, it crashes.

ZackZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you patching it from clean, or patching a rom that was already patched with v1? If the latter, that's probably why.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dauntless said:
Not even starting. I take my rom, patch it with version2, open it, go to the menu, select the game, it crashes.
This could be for several reasons...

A. A bad dump of the rom(Search for the Xenophobia dump).

B. You don't have the right framework

or even

C. You made a mistake and chose the wrong rom for your unedited one.

Dauntless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, the rom is clean, I got it from Xenophobia.

Posts merged

WataruKun said:
Dauntless said:
This could be for several reasons...

A. A bad dump of the rom(Search for the Xenophobia dump).

B. You don't have the right framework

or even

C. You made a mistake and chose the wrong rom for your unedited one.
'the right framework'?

Fo0d2Go

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brissmas said:
Fo0d2Go said:
hey guys i searched google for this but no-go. in the instructions by magnius in the first post it says to select the dump rom, wat is the dump rom? i have the regular rom

The dump rom is the the regular rom.
okay thx. i thought i had to get some sort of rom dumper

Sonia

Resident Bikini Gal
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh man, this is great stuff! I can't wait until it's finished.
Keep up the great work!

Fo0d2Go

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
Well I'd like to announce that a patch that goes up to and perhaps through Goldenrod will be released, probably sometime today.

awesome! keep up the great work u've done. u really helping all of us out.

Fo0d2Go

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
Shinryuji said:
WataruKun said:
Pokedex2.jpg

Just a question, Is the text in the above photo in Japanese because you took the picture before editing, or because you forgot?
Thanks

EDIT
QUOTE(chinboogie @ Oct 1 2009, 11:00 AM) If you want WataraKun i can see if my pokemon silver still works and post some of the pokemon desciptions.
And then post some of them here.... if i din't start over 3+- years ago and am still a noob than i cant i will check it and then idet this post to let you now if i can help you tat.

Greatings ChinBoogie

No need, the descriptions are all on Bulbapedia or Serebii.
Exactly, I've been getting mines from Bulbapedia.
hey wataru u said u got ur pokedex entries from bulbapedia, i looked up cyndaquil and the entry for soul silver is unknown, did u get it from seribii?

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fo0d2Go said:
WataruKun said:
Shinryuji said:
WataruKun said:
Pokedex2.jpg

Just a question, Is the text in the above photo in Japanese because you took the picture before editing, or because you forgot?
Thanks

EDIT
QUOTE(chinboogie @ Oct 1 2009, 11:00 AM) If you want WataraKun i can see if my pokemon silver still works and post some of the pokemon desciptions.
And then post some of them here.... if i din't start over 3+- years ago and am still a noob than i cant i will check it and then idet this post to let you now if i can help you tat.

Greatings ChinBoogie

No need, the descriptions are all on Bulbapedia or Serebii.
Exactly, I've been getting mines from Bulbapedia.
hey wataru u said u got ur pokedex entries from bulbapedia, i looked up cyndaquil and the entry for soul silver is unknown, did u get it from seribii?
they're the same as GBC silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated