Not open for further replies.

Fo0d2Go

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
Let's just say you guys can expect a big patch coming either today or tommorow.

It'll also update some text that previously wasn't translated(Like the Apricorn Case guys dialogue).

The patch will probably let you finish Goldenrod, but if I move fast enough, it could be all the way to Ecruteak.
just to make sure, did he already posted the patch? because i cant seem to find it and its still patch v2. so tonight he will post it right?

onivan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Fo0d2Go said:
WataruKun said:
Let's just say you guys can expect a big patch coming either today or tommorow.

It'll also update some text that previously wasn't translated(Like the Apricorn Case guys dialogue).

The patch will probably let you finish Goldenrod, but if I move fast enough, it could be all the way to Ecruteak.
just to make sure, did he already posted the patch? because i cant seem to find it and its still patch v2. so tonight he will post it right?

ProTip: Before posting STUPID questions:

1) Read the past 5-6 pages on the thread.
2) Learn to understand whats being said there.
3) Patience: do you know it?
4) ???
5) PROFIT.

Fo0d2Go

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k srry guys for the stupid questions. im reading pages but i cant seem to find where the people dl it. some posts said that they arleady have V3 but on the first post and on mediafire, its still regular 2.0

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Grr... Does anyone have a good text editor that's not screwy? I've been messing around with Notepad++ and TextPad but the formatting on one of them fucked the XML. Luckily, I had a backup file. Seriously though, does anyone know a simple text editor, that doesn't have that complex formatting crap, that's like notepad but faster?

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
Grr... Does anyone have a good text editor that's not screwy? I've been messing around with Notepad++ and TextPad but the formatting on one of them fucked the XML. Luckily, I had a backup file. Seriously though, does anyone know a simple text editor, that doesn't have that complex formatting crap, that's like notepad but faster?
try notepad2, it was built for programming

http://www.flos-freeware.ch/notepad2.html

Fo0d2Go

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:

heres a list i found on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_text_editors

whatup777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
Had me going for a second.
Thats why you always have a backup.
Backup the backup! (have 12 Backup's)
lol

Nice job anyway

Rykin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:

I like using Notepad++. It has XML plug-ins that can detect broken XML and fix it.

Part of the problem you may be having is that thenewpoketext has errors in how it works. It's a lot faster than doing it by Hex; it's a good program, but not perfect.

P.S. Make sure you're not using the "&" symbol. That breaks XML. Yes. it will appear roughly 36 times after you extract the text from the game, which is why I suggested you change the symbol to something else on the table.tbl file.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rykin said:
WataruKun said:

I like using Notepad++. It has XML plug-ins that can detect broken XML and fix it.

Part of the problem you may be having is that thenewpoketext has errors in how it works. It's a lot faster than doing it by Hex; it's a good program, but not perfect.
Well I don't know if that was it, but when I saved the XML with SOME program, I'm not sure what, it added a bunch of garbage text that wasn't in there before, but I fixed that. But then there was this stupid unknown unicode letter that messed up the parsing and I just screw it and restarted from the backup.

Fo0d2Go

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
Rykin said:
WataruKun said:

Well I don't know if that was it, but when I saved the XML with SOME program, I'm not sure what, it added a bunch of garbage text that wasn't in there before, but I fixed that. But then there was this stupid unknown unicode letter that messed up the parsing and I just screw it and restarted from the backup.
well hopefully u can finish today! or just delay for tomorrow?

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pics of what I've been working on.

hgss7-1.jpg

hgss7-2.jpg

hgss7-3.jpg

hgss7-4.jpg

hgss7-5.jpg

hgss7-6.jpg

hgss7-7.jpg

hgss7-8.jpg

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
I always use Wordpad to edit XMLs cause it's simple like Notepad but it doesn't go off-screen so I only have to scroll up and down.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
Rykin said:
WataruKun said:

i had similar problems come up from the open office text editor... it replaced all the japanese text with ? characters when saved, and removed all line breaks >.<

I haven't done any poketext editing in notepad2 yet but it seems pretty good about keeping formatting in everything else so far

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
Pics of what I've been working on.
hgss7-1.jpg

hgss7-2.jpg

hgss7-3.jpg

hgss7-4.jpg

hgss7-5.jpg

hgss7-6.jpg

hgss7-7.jpg

hgss7-8.jpg
Nice, I just recently passed that part and it can be pretty tough without knowing what you're supposed to do XD

you any further than there or is that the end of it at the moment?
any more menu stuff?
biggrin.gif

onivan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This food2go nub should learn how to use spoilers to compact his quotes, just like bwillb did. And thats Illex Forest. There are some hidden items around there, and touching the shrine while having the shotokan pichu (yes, that one newbies call "PCP") with you activates the Pointy-Ear Pichu event. Pretty much everything that can be done there --->AT THE MOMENT

Avalith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
hgss7-7.jpg

The HM can only be learned once? HMs have unlimited uses.

QUOTE(Fo0d2Go @ Oct 4 2009, 10:08 PM) awesome progress wataru, where is this?

At the start of Ilex Forest, immediately following the events (and badge) at Azalea.

Fo0d2Go

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i just a question, if wataru can make this translation in a few weeks. cant nintendo do this in like a few weeks too because they have a whole team floor on this?

onivan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Avalith said:
WataruKun said:
WataruKun said:
The HM can only be learned once? HMs have unlimited uses.

Durrrr yes, HM can be only learned once, you CAN'T have a Pokemon with Cut/Cut/Cut/Cut. Thats what the game is talking about and using subsequent CONTEXT it explains HM can be USED more than once.

QUOTE(Fo0d2Go @ Oct 4 2009, 10:17 PM)
hey i just a question, if wataru can make this translation in a few weeks. cant nintendo do this in like a few weeks too because they have a whole team floor on this?

LEARN TO WAIT!!!

Go do something like sweep the forest or something, damn hyperactive kid!!!

Avalith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that point's rather obvious for the same reason that you can't have a Pokemon with Shadow Ball/Shadow Ball/Shadow Ball/Shadow Ball. My comment was merely made out of confusion because I think it really shouldn't have to be explained when game mechanics won't let you do it without save state editing anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just buy another 650 watt power supply, and Raid them
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    well, it's not a showpiece, but it'll get the job done
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Splice two 24 pins together
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i bought mine with funtionality and cooling in mind for the most part, and fitting my crappy budget too ofc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We should all tell Xdqwerty when he gets old enough to build his own pc
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got 7 case fans in mine, replaced 4 when some broke cus they ran loud and wonky
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so i bought spares even
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    9 in mine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn things ramp up when it decides to do even a little work
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i could fit 9, 2 at bottom i skipped
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Changed them to silent mode in bios helped a little
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i dont want the bottom fans blowing the gpu fans spinning
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eminem's daughter got married apparently it should've been me :nayps3:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess she got the better fling
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean he did dad's loaded
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    papa eminem approved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grampainem
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored of HD2 lately
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    too burned out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    from gameplay and drama
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I keep hunting for apps and forget half of them are already widgets on my home screen
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    almost everything gets shuved as some taskbar process
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is HD2?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Helldivers 2
    +1
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Helldivers 2 +1