Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
R2DJ said:
laxman0220 said:
Why are you calling him a douche? I'd like to see you try something like this....
He's calling Raqib12 the douche, not Wataru. But yeah, why call Raqib a douche? At least he provided something for the people while his project was still active...I still use his patch since it's the only one with translated PokeGear contacts...
*cough* *cough* Is that so...

You must mean translated PokeGear contacts beyond Azalea then.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
WataruKun said:
R2DJ said:
laxman0220 said:
Why are you calling him a douche? I'd like to see you try something like this....
He's calling Raqib12 the douche, not Wataru. But yeah, why call Raqib a douche? At least he provided something for the people while his project was still active...I still use his patch since it's the only one with translated PokeGear contacts...
*cough* *cough* Is that so...

You must mean translated PokeGear contacts beyond Azalea then.
Now that I got your attention
tongue.gif

PokeGear contacts are really important to me. Since Gym Leader rematches help with training (my team are at Level 80 right now), I would suggest considering the PokeGear for future beta translations.

But phone numbers can only be obtained when all 16 gym leaders are defeated/National Dex is obtained. Either of the two...

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bleachigo159 said:
CHEATS DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!

ok, il try to explain this as best as i can. When Wataru patches the soul silver game, the game id changes. So the cheats are trying to find the real game id for soul silver but it can't. Now you have to make the cheats think that the patched rom's game id is the real one. To do this you have to use Yasu's cheat code editor.(I don't think i can show a link) after you open the cheat code editor, you have to open your usrcheat.dat file by clicking file->open. Then scroll down the list and look for pokemon soul silver(J)
When you find it, on the right, you'll see a code and then "..." button beside it. Click that and it will open a window. You have to find your patched soul silver rom and click that. Then after your done all this click save.(file->save)

You can do all this or....go look on google on how to change game id
biggrin.gif

TTNH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow you're working at a fine pace here! We have got competitors on the go. First a translation and now there's a competition brewing for a translation video.

I got a question for you Watarukun.
Are you going to put your name in the ending credits or on the title?
Your work will seem like nothing if no one knew who translated it.

Keep it up. I can't wait to reach Tohjo Falls! The music is awesome.

Shinryuji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oliver Gigacz said:
I have mac. Does anyone know where I can get a pre patched one?
If you use the legendary search function (not many people seem to know about it, strangely!) then you could find the thread which contains the mac patcher. I'm not sure if it works with the patches, but it should.

Krisboo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Thank you very much. You are doing an amazing job. I played until route 29, and i find some issues that i think you know, but in the case you don't i will post them:

- When you select Pokemon, in Elm's lab( when you see the pokeballs) it says something like: "This is Cxde0 Totodile, the water pokemon"
- Some dialogues , before you get your pokemon, in the town, aren't translated. Like Kotone's ¿father i think? and her dialogue with you in the second floor.

Aniway, this is awesome, Keep up the good work!

( Sorry if what i point bother you, i just wanted to help)

Finnboghi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Excellent job thus far, I love it!

Just a few tidbits that you may have missed (If you chose not translate them, ignore the rest of this post) - the mailboxes in front of all the houses are untranslated. Not a big deal, but they may be important if you're going for a complete translation patch.

Also the save menu; it's not a very big deal - it's easy to know what to push - but the prompt asking if you want to save (and the one asking if you're sure), as well as the buttons remain Japanese.

Really, they're not a problem, just something to be aware of if you hadn't noticed.

Again, thanks for such an amazing patch!

I hope it makes it to fruition, and if I can help in any way, let me know. I'm a pretty good bug hunter, if you're looking for one on the team.

buggers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if u've translated more, and bring out an new patch, do i have to start over again? or can i just continue playing? because there will be a new rom then, so the old .SAV file won't read the new one

Shinryuji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
buggers said:
if u've translated more, and bring out an new patch, do i have to start over again? or can i just continue playing? because there will be a new rom then, so the old .SAV file won't read the new one
Please read the thread? It was only a 10/15 pages back that explained this. Its fine as long as the .sav file has exactly the same name as the rom. So if you have a file called "Pkmn_soulslvr.nds" then the .sav file needs to be called "Pkmn_soulslvr.sav".
Simple right?

EDIT: Also, Wataru said that it was best if people played through the whole thing because we are testing. Remember, this IS only a beta patch.

MHaven

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
Have you played the patch dude? No you haven't. I can tell because you listed Slowpoke well and the Azalea Town Gym as still needing to be done. Play the patch before you post.

Yeah i have i just forgot to delete those two. I posted all of names of everything and den deleted them just forgot Slowpoke and Azalea considering that also you mention it in the first page
tongue.gif

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rolyat137 said:
So how far is he on the other things? like battling text and stuff.
battle related stuff is pretty close to 100%. some item names are missing, and trainer dialog of course, but all the moves and text saying the moves are being used is in english.

Shinryuji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bwillb said:
Rolyat137 said:
So how far is he on the other things? like battling text and stuff.
battle related stuff is pretty close to 100%. some item names are missing, and trainer dialog of course, but all the moves and text saying the moves are being used is in english.
As far as I have read the battle text is 100% Up to Azalea town.

Darksage098

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey WataruKun, your patch is just getting better and better. I mean it's already awesome but it's always getting even better thanks to your hard work to keep translating. I appreciate all the work you put into this and can't wait for you to make it better.
yaynds.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff