Hardware M92T36 or BQ24193

paraskevas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I can't measure continuity from the pads to the red side... I can sense on the green (on each pad / data line). Is that normal? please tell me it isn't

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-24_20-58-5.png
    upload_2019-9-24_20-58-5.png
    937 KB · Views: 451

fnwhatnow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First try briccmii tool.
I have water damaged switch that behaves exactly same way... my guess problem around BQ chip... compare small elements around it....

Actually, funny thing..the OS not loading was because of a firmware mismatch with the fuses. I loaded atmos and then choidujoourNX and upgraded to 8.0.1 for 9 fuses burnt. wala! Switch fires up.

It makes me think that testing for the switch fast charging (switch from .48 to 1.78) with the mb only connected might only happen IF the firmware is loaded correctly. I say this because the power charge indicator on the screen started working once I fixed the FW version. I am new to this so I don't know if autorcm does the same thing, probably not.

fnwhatnow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have another switch that won't display anything when in the dock. It was another ebay no power purchase that I tossed a P13usb on. It looks like the repair was attempted but whoever did it lacked the skills to complete and managed to blow some caps off the VDD in on the side closest to the chokes.

I know these guys are for smoothing but can't I just short these pads?

BTW this picture is BEFORE I fixed it, lol. Please don't think I did this terrible job.

Attachments

• botched_repiar.jpg
    botched_repiar.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 370

Pintglass

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have another switch that won't display anything when in the dock. It was another ebay no power purchase that I tossed a P13usb on. It looks like the repair was attempted but whoever did it lacked the skills to complete and managed to blow some caps off the VDD in on the side closest to the chokes.

I know these guys are for smoothing but can't I just short these pads?

BTW this picture is BEFORE I fixed it, lol. Please don't think I did this terrible job.

Are you talking about the caps on the 3v3 rail for vdd to the pI3usb or the caps on the data lines?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No, I don't have continuity between the two sides. I think this is the problem! I have continuity from the GREEN side to the pads (and the cable)

Yeah thats why you can't connect to pc you could remove the choke and bridge the 2 lines with wire to test before you buy some chokes.

Reactions: fnwhatnow

fnwhatnow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you talking about the caps on the 3v3 rail for vdd to the pI3usb or the caps on the data lines?

Pins 32, 29, and 26 looks like the VDD lines. If you look at my pic you can see they are missing. The specs sheet calls for caps but they are gone.

upload_2019-9-24_19-19-52.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-24_19-19-45.png
    upload_2019-9-24_19-19-45.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 320

Pintglass

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pins 32, 29, and 26 looks like the VDD lines. If you look at my pic you can see they are missing. The specs sheet calls for caps but they are gone.

View attachment 180480

If you mean replace the caps with a wire, then you can't do that you'd be creating a direct short to ground.

Your original Photo isn't clear enough to really see anything.

Last edited by Pintglass,
Reactions: fnwhatnow

fnwhatnow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you mean replace the caps with a wire, then you can't do that you'd be creating a direct short to ground.

Your original Photo isn't clear enough to really see anything.

You answered my question. From my research those are decoupling caps.

upload_2019-9-25_7-47-53.png

I believe they are 100pf. I have an LCR meter en route so I will lift that last cap off the board, measure it, then try to replace that. Thanks for your help. I'll report back.

Pintglass

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I believe they are 100pf. I have an LCR meter en route so I will lift that last cap off the board, measure it, then try to replace that. Thanks for your help. I'll report back.

The caps are 0.1 μf, i'd also get yourself a new pi3usb and start again with that.

fnwhatnow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The caps are 0.1 μf, i'd also get yourself a new pi3usb and start again with that.

I did, I replaced it and I also had to run a line to one of the filters, it looks like the last tech lifted a pad underneath the chip you can see that on the bottom left pin where it was scratched off.
When I lifted the chip off that pad was gone.

In any event it works but it it doesn't connect to the dock at all and the USB C only works in one direction. I am thinking that new caps will solve that for that VDD, thanks for the update.

Pintglass

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did, I replaced it and I also had to run a line to one of the filters, it looks like the last tech lifted a pad underneath the chip you can see that on the bottom left pin where it was scratched off.
When I lifted the chip off that pad was gone.

In any event it works but it it doesn't connect to the dock at all and the USB C only works in one direction. I am thinking that new caps will solve that for that VDD, thanks for the update.

I'd say that if it only charges with the cable inserted one way could be the reason why its not docking rather than the missing caps.
Was the image you posted before your repairs?

Agilato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This particular pin usually burns out when PPL use non original dock. You can run wire there is pins on the side of the chip.
Check resistors on the left side of the chip those 2 lines goes to the CPU check resistors over there.

For a charging issue check port i bet some one replaced it and didn't soldered all the way.

Last edited by Agilato,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    also scary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Chasers and homophobia.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They're very common on social media.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ik about the phobias Im used to it but what's a chaser
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Whoever you disclose your gender identity to, keep it private between your friends.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    irl or online
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Always is online.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Pretty much.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    eh I don't keep it private, not much happens except idiots on TikTok making a fool of themselves
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    im still curious as to what a chaser is tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, A chaser is someone who uses (mostly trans) individuals to their advantage, stuff that they are uncomfortable about.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    thats weird
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    blahaj will keep me safe
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    damn I forget my school blocks every video
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Right, yeah.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    dune 2 popcorn bucket
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many schools use some form of firewall or protection, to prevent certain types of content from being viewable.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, And that haha
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school blocks stuff but allows some stuff, its annoying, they legit can see our screens if they want
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Nah. That popcorns got sand in it :(
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There was a time where we were able to bypass the school's network using a VPN that wasn't blocked on the radar. Can't exactly remember the name, but I was able to watch YouTube.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it
    +1
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it +1