OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I have a problem with a switch console.
She don't want to charge.

I read a lot of thread on the internet, and i see this 2 chip can cause the problem.M92T36 and BQ24193.

How can i know what chip is defect ?
I will receive a second battery for test the remplacement, can she help for determinate the problem ?

Thank in advance for your help.

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its difficult to tell without taking a multi-meter, or reading from the pins on the chip..

The BQ2 Controls the charging of the battery, and provides the system with battery info level lifespan etc,,

Normally its the M92T36 speak to the all knowing,My Good buddy @mattytrog he can help you
please be patient but im sure he will figure it out ok

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a problem with a switch console.
She don't want to charge.

I read a lot of thread on the internet, and i see this 2 chip can cause the problem.M92T36 and BQ24193.

How can i know what chip is defect ?
I will receive a second battery for test the remplacement, can she help for determinate the problem ?

Thank in advance for your help.

Hello @Canna!

To the op... Does the console go into RCM?

If not, check pin 5 vcc on m92t36. Plug in to charger. Between 3 - 6v, power detector working, chip likely to be ok. Or that part of it is. Suspect bq24193.

If vcc in voltage is out of these voltages, with Nintendo charger plugged in, suspect m92t36.

If you can enter RCM, try sending Hekate. With usb unplugged... Make a note of battery level. Power off. Reboot... Back to hekate. Check again. If battery level not fairly consistent... Or you are getting 103% battery or something...

Or

Switch won't boot past switch logo...

Suspect bq24193.

Let me know if you need any more help

eBejita

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello @Canna!

To the op... Does the console go into RCM?

If not, check pin 5 vcc on m92t36. Plug in to charger. Between 3 - 6v, power detector working, chip likely to be ok. Or that part of it is. Suspect bq24193.

If vcc in voltage is out of these voltages, with Nintendo charger plugged in, suspect m92t36.

If you can enter RCM, try sending Hekate. With usb unplugged... Make a note of battery level. Power off. Reboot... Back to hekate. Check again. If battery level not fairly consistent... Or you are getting 103% battery or something...

Or

Switch won't boot past switch logo...

Suspect bq24193.

Let me know if you need any more help

Hello Matt,

Can you give more pictures to explain about "check pin 5 vcc on m92t36. Plug in to charger. Between 3 - 6v"
and how can i know m92t36 is problem or not and bq24193 is problem or not ? because i have 3 NS Problems
NS can't boot even i already change m92t36 and check all capacitor around m92t36 and bq24193, there is not broken capacitor.
i check usb port is ok and i'm not change bq24193.

So i need to know how can i make sure m92t36 and bq24193 is problem or not.

Note : When i use hekate NS Can run well but still can't boot to stock

Thx Matt

Last edited by eBejita,

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Matt,

Can you give more pictures to explain about "check pin 5 vcc on m92t36. Plug in to charger. Between 3 - 6v"
and how can i know m92t36 is problem or not and bq24193 is problem or not ? because i have 3 NS Problems
NS can't boot even i already change m92t36 and check all capacitor around m92t36 and bq24193, there is not broken capacitor.

Thx Matt
If you cannot boot to stock, that is a fuse mismatch. Only solvable by upgrading to the correct firmware you have fuses burned for.

For example... 8 fuses - 6.2.0

eBejita

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
If you cannot boot to stock, that is a fuse mismatch. Only solvable by upgrading to the correct firmware you have fuses burned for.

For example... 8 fuses - 6.2.0

I think the problem from hardware because come suddenly, if fuses how can i now ?

ollicnat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Hello I did what you wrote, and pin 5 in ic m92t36 recieve 0.10 v, with plug original nintendo charger, is it m92t36 bad? Thanks for you help.

like this:
efs6xl.jpg

Last edited by ollicnat,

nerirififi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The problem is solved , i replace the P13 USB.

So for what i understand about solving this sort of problem.

If you have 3 or 6v on pin 5, it s not the m92t36
If the battery level is not fairly consistent replace bq24193 or power off after switch logo

If you have a second battery charged, you try to boot and it s doesn't work it s P13 USB

Picture of the repair ;)

https://imgur.com/a/FIfHdmG

Last edited by nerirififi,
Reactions: KeoniAzugon

ollicnat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica

If the battery level is not fairly consistent replace bq24193 or power off after switch logo

If you have a second battery charged, you try to boot and it s doesn't work it s P13 USB

Picture of the repair ;)

Thanks for you help. How do you think about my case, what will chip i need to change,? in pin 5 i dont recieved 3-6v And my console does not turn on or charge at all even with another good a charged battery.

Last edited by ollicnat,

nerirififi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for you help. How do think about my case, what will chip i need to change, in pin 5 i dont recieved 3-6v? And my console does not turn on or charge at all even with another good a charged battery.

If you power on with a new battery, console work ?

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Picture of the repair ;)

I had a similar repair made to my Switch that wouldnt charge. My switch now works fine and charges normally. The only side effect i found is that the processor wont turn off completely, even after the OS is shutdown, it still heats and consume battery, so i have to keep it suspended.
I think that something is failing in the power off sequence because this happens even with OFW with no auto RCM whatsoever..
Whenever i try to shutdown completely, by pressing power button a few seconds or via the option of power off in the menu, the OS does turn off but the processor starts to heat and consume battery fast.
Did you observe anything like this happening with yours?

Last edited by Moquedami,

ollicnat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Hello Matt,

Thx Matt

hi! did you change m92t36 ic chip?
Have you already checked volts in pin 5 in m92t36 ic chip?

nerirififi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

if you have 3 or 6v in M92T36 and you are sure new battery was charged, it s P13USB like me.
The problem arrive with a defect original charger ( in my case ), the USB C connector was twisted or Third party charger

If you want i replace the chip :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over