Hardware M92T36 or BQ24193

Pintglass

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have a Switch with no Power on, not charging.
I found a cap around m92t36 who is shorter, so I replace the m92t36 and BQ24193. Now the short is gone but no Power and charging. On pin 5 and 6 is 0,0Volt. Fuse is intact.
Some hints for me?
Thanks

With a charger plugged in what voltage do you get on pins 1 and 4 of BQ24193

Your voltage on the inductor is fine.

Reactions: Agilato and FXDX

SheriffBuck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm trying to debug another power-on issue. Pulls 0.4A, but never formally boots in any way. M92T pin 5 & 6 both showing healthy voltages, battery checks out OK and slow charges, USB-C good, power rails all good etc. etc. I've noticed that pin 17 on the M92T is low. This is a GPIO pin labelled "ALERT#". On a working Switch, this pin appears to be normally high. Wondering if there is a discrete logic failsafe to prevent boot proceeding if the power subsystem is unhappy in any way? Can anyone else offer some insight on this GPIO pin? Thanks. Rich.

Looking at the board with the chip removed, that track doesn't go anywhere beyond some test pads. The datasheet doesn't say much more about what the ALERT pin (17) does. It does seem to be an interesting indicator of some power subystem failure beyond just doing cap short checks.

SlegBE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
the size seems to be correct. i have already bought them. now i am waiting for a couple of usb type c male plugs and will try to make a test board to check the integrity of the solder.

Hello,

I'm expecting same issue. Did you make your test with the board ?

marceloxla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please someone help me ... i removed the m92t36 and p13usb and i still have shorts in the points marked in red ... what can i do?
original problem: console does not turn on even with a charged battery, I do not have rcm
89115307_203317144356550_6913107225665863680_n.jpg 89180148_1260196237702922_2091832558449852416_n.jpg

Reactions: vastrolorde

nerirififi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You have to replace P13USB for the short in circle disappear.
I think it s the same for the other short with M92T36

MAST3RF0X

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mypizzatube.com
XP
Country
Italy
Hello there! I'm back with a lot of knowledge but "0" results :-D

I've "burned" 4 motherboard without results.

However, my problem this time is really strange.

Motherboard (I don't know if hackable, but I suppose yes) doesn't power on in any way when pressed
  • Voltage on LCD Power 5v (should be 15V to power on)
  • Voltage on MT29 is ok 3V
  • Voltage on all coils are ok
  • No shorts
  • There are no voltage on Pin 1 BQ Chip
  • USB Port is ok
  • D+ D- rail is ok
If I remove NAND and connect Usb Cable Switch is deteced as RCM DEVICE (otherwise doesn't work)
If Injected it say 0x00000 (without NAND)

Hardreset doesn't work

I'm stucked...should I change MT o BQ chip?

D

Deleted User

Hello, i am have a problem with my switch. she is dead an do not charge the battery. i have charge the battery at another switch full and when i take it in the dead switch they start with the error code 2101-0001.
when i messure at this moment with error code pin 5 near M92T36 it will show 2,4v and pin 6 3v
when the switch is off and battery disconnected and only power supply (original) is connected it show on pin5 3v and pin6 0v

do you think that my problem is the M92T36 ?

thanks for help.

lg2113

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Hello, i am have a problem with my switch. she is dead an do not charge the battery. i have charge the battery at another switch full and when i take it in the dead switch they start with the error code 2101-0001.
when i messure at this moment with error code pin 5 near M92T36 it will show 2,4v and pin 6 3v
when the switch is off and battery disconnected and only power supply (original) is connected it show on pin5 3v and pin6 0v

do you think that my problem is the M92T36 ?

thanks for help.

Hi there, i had that error before, i checked for cap shorts around the M92T36 and I had that replaced. It worked there after!

D

Deleted User

Hi there, i had that error before, i checked for cap shorts around the M92T36 and I had that replaced. It worked there after!

I will look for it. is there a datasheet that i can measure it? sorry for my bad grammar. i am german

lg2113

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
I will look for it. is there a datasheet that i can measure it? sorry for my bad grammar. i am german

Guden tag! Was in Berlin, Wuppertal and Koln last Oct :) Really love your country!

Actually I watched Youtube on checking the components...

This video actually taught me on checking the Capacitors

Error 2101-0001 (in chinese text, but you can watch the video)

Hope it is great for you!

k28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
good day everyone,

i have a switch hac-cpi-01 which do not charge. it takes 0.02-0.03 amps. a few pins seemed to be pushed back. no pc connection. it started with a charged battery and gave the error code 2162-0002 after the switch logo. its a non patched console but isnt modded(nothing mod related on the sd card but who knows).

i changed the usb port and m92t36 and the first time i connected the dead batterie it showed the nintendo logo. when usb cable connected it starts drawing 0.43a first then a few sec later 0.86a. the pc recognized the switch.

unfortunatly the display stays black. any idea?

Last edited by k28,

vastrolorde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of my switch unit is unable to charge the battery, Unit is working normally, plugging the original wall charger, gives it a charging icon. but battery percentage drops. so it detects that the charger is plugged in, but no voltage going to the battery.

Tests Done.

Rev HAC CPU21
tried plugging it on usb voltmeter. No Amps reading
already replaced M92T36 twice, BQ24193 twice, Charging port.
I'm getting 15v both sides of the fuse when plugged in.
D- D+ is good and has continuity
Already tested to a good battery. same result
Getting proper Voltage reading on M92T36 pin 5, 6 and pin 9 when plugged in.
BQ24193 pin 1 only 1.0v plugged in. not getting any reading on testpoint above BQ
No short around M9, BQ, P913USB.
Unit is Erista Patched console so cannot run hekate

Any suggestion?, or anyone experience this issue before?

Last edited by vastrolorde,

sepR

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Dear experts, I accidentally took down the tiny capacitance or resistance when I was soldering CPU. What are the parameters of these capacitors and resistors?
Thank you very very very very very very much!

g_d_u_m

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi all, need help on that one:
- no caps shorted (PI3USB, M92T36, BQ24193, CPU/GPU tested)
- charging OK (0.56Amps under 15V, battery voltage increasing)
- M92T36 voltages seem OK (reacts to power button and stays on)
- unplugged the battery and removed the NAND, RCM works and I'm able to get the DevideID.

Everything back in place in the console, it won't power up. RCM works but as the console is patched, I can't go any further.
No backlight, nothing on screen, no touchscreen, no sound. Tried the MB in another console: same.

What else can I test? I would greatly appreciate some help.

peepy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you can charge battery and plug it in switch should run without bq can't run without m92t36

solac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi its been a while. i
.1uf 0603 how many volts ? 25v good enough ? i am having a hard time looking for it here in our country

hi its been a while, i have shelve my switch for the longest time. i have replaced the missing capacitor that i manage to knock off. the unit still wont dock. (no hdmi output)

the unit will charge with either direction of the charger.

a little re fresher this unit had a broken charge port. after changing the charge port it won't power on. following this thread i managed to find the culprit thanks to everyone here. so it was a shorted p13usb chip. after changing this the switch will now turn on. now my problem is it wont dock. i have no idea what to check.

can anyone help

thanks

Last edited by solac,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30