1. Pintglass

Pintglass GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    What are the values of the other 2 pads the ones closest to the 6 pin esd device

khalkedon and FXDX like this.
  2. khalkedon

khalkedon Member
    Newcomer

Oh sorry, forgot the saying about them. There is no any value when I placed the probes in while 200k and 2m.

Attached Files:

3. Pintglass

United Kingdom
    Try the same pads with the meter set to the 200 ohms setting

FXDX and khalkedon like this.
  4. khalkedon

khalkedon Member
    Newcomer

I had already tried all combinations, no looking any value in 200. When I placed the probes no any movement on the multimeter (tried with all sections: 2m, 200k, 20k, 2k, 200).

Only works with 2m, I specified above messages which one is.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    FXDX likes this.
  5. Pintglass

United Kingdom
    From your readings I can't really see that there's anything wrong, i don't know what else you can do.

Apart from there being an issue with the port, loose connection maybe or an issue within the soc.

6. khalkedon

khalkedon Member
    Newcomer

I have another a known good battery and try it, can't run the system. Then should I suspect the pins again? Ok, I'll try to get out the USB type-c socket from its place and report here the result. Thank you to all helpings with your patience.

Edit: @Pintglass You want to see usb port situaion for any idea? Because looking very clearly and no any movement pins at all.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  7. Pintglass

United Kingdom
    Are you sure the unit is in rcm
    Have you tried a different screen to rule that out
    Remove the sd card and socket and remove the game card then see if tegra rcm recognizes it

Did you say the unit charges ok what voltage do you get on pin 9 of m92t36 with the nintendo charger plugged in

8. khalkedon

khalkedon Member
    Newcomer

All the time there is no SD card and its socket. And also there is no game card reader all time in the test times.

In auto rcm mode or not doesn't matter to recognize for the Tegra, if in auto rcm mode, it recognize automatically. No sign of life for TegraRcmGUI.
    Today I tried to test voltage 9th pin of M92T36 and I harmed it, accidently made short and died M92T36 (appeared a little spark). My probes are very thick to directly place. Then replace M92T36 with new one, and try again test the voltage from little capasitor's leg. There is a so small capasitor near to 9th pin (i think it is right). By the way while M92T36 is broken put the charge to test voltage then warmed the ram area and M92T36. After that fuse burnt. I also replaced the fuse from another defective board. I hope you understood what I explained. My English is terrible.

Now I'm still at the starting point.

I tested the 9th pin of M92T36 voltage, its voltage 15.13V

I guess I won't deal with this work anymore.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  9. Pintglass

United Kingdom
    Replace the choke then try cleaning inside the port with ipa, have you checked inside the port under a microscope.

10. Chrissie

Chrissie Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I was trying to replace the usb port and lost a couple of parts nearby. Looks like a choke and two caps?
    Anyone know what the values of these should be? I read through this thread and found one link to a choke that works, but Mouser says 11 week lead time required - that's not going to get this fixed in time for the games already bought as Christmas presents to be very exciting. :(

Thanks!

Attached Files:

11. FXDX

FXDX GBAtemp Regular

Dominican Republic
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  12. Chrissie

Chrissie Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks!

FXDX likes this.
  13. Chrissie

Chrissie Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    what about the capacitors near that choke? Any idea what values those would be?

14. FXDX

FXDX GBAtemp Regular

Dominican Republic
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  15. Crossfader

Crossfader Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    New Video from Andrew Paul.

This video shows the repair of a Nintendo Switch video games console with a shorted power rail on its HAC-CPU-10 motherboard causing the system to be completely unresponsive and exhibit symptoms of having no power. Here we cover some basic troubleshooting steps, narrow down the issue to the PI3USB30532ZLE Matrix Switch IC and replace the affected part in order to get the console back up and running again.

FXDX likes this.
  16. khalkedon

khalkedon Member
    Newcomer

FXDX likes this.
  17. FXDX

FXDX GBAtemp Regular

Dominican Republic
    Check all capacitors near p13usb first. Check the filters if they have continuity to the Pi3usb just above the usb port. If you have a capacitor in short it will have to be changed but if you have more then the possibility that p13usb is to be broken. I did so, but maybe other advanced users like me can advise you better. Measure exactly as @Pintglass has advised you.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/component-identification-needed-chokes-by-p13usb.551747/

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    khalkedon likes this.
  18. khalkedon

khalkedon Member
    Newcomer

I tested in continuity mode and no any short capacitor around P13USB chip. Now I'm waiting the measurement info from knowledgeable friends.

My story:
    Today I changed a defective P13USB chip. The swtich completeley was dead, it was no any screen in hand held mode. Now working perfectly in hand held mode. But not working with dock, the dock is safer.

FXDX likes this.
  19. FXDX

FXDX GBAtemp Regular

Dominican Republic
    Check the filters to the Pi3usb and again measures pin 5-6 on the M92T36. Check to see if you have a short, on the usb D+ and D- lines.
    filters.png

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  20. MAST3RF0X

MAST3RF0X Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Hi, just need you help :-) Should be simple....

Bought a broken Switch. Find out it was modded by someone with a triket (bed soldered). One cap near battery IC Chip BQ24193 as blowed (as far as i know it was used almost always on the dock...screen was tested ad have areas with shadows because of heat). Just replaced with one of the caps from Trinket (doesn't know value). It worked and Motherboard started.

I can't charge it and dock "blinking".

While attempting to make measures on my working motherboard, I've shorted pin A5 with A4 from USB while Adpter Plugged. Result : now I have 2 motherboard that works, run in RCM and EmuMMC works...but doesn't charge. Both of them show on Battery Info on Hekate 1000mh (tested with 2 different battery). No voltage arrive on Battery pin for charging.

I've read all post here...and I believe my problem should be on the BQ...can this is possible?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - BQ24193, M92T36,