M92T36 or BQ24193

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by nerirififi, Jan 4, 2019.

1. paraskevas

paraskevas Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2019
    Greece
    Any idea where I can get this part? I can only find it on eBay (got it right after your message -- still waiting for it to arrive). Are any other compatible alternatives?

2. Pintglass

Pintglass GBAtemp Regular

Jan 28, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I got mine from farnell can you not order from them in your country

3. paraskevas

paraskevas Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2019
    Greece
    They ask 20 euros shipping for a .40c part :toot:

4. Pintglass

Jan 28, 2019
    United Kingdom
    What electronics companies have you got in greece

5. paraskevas

paraskevas Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2019
    Greece
    I couldn't source it from companies here. I just found out about Farnell Export (https://export.farnell.com/) and they ship with UPS at only 5 pounds. I just made an order for 10, fingers crossed.

6. solac

solac Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2009

So i the part finally arrived and was able to change the choke coil. Problem is dock still doesn't work. Also i manage to detach a small capacitor like smd part while using a dmm checking for continuity its near one of the choke chokes it look like a ceramic super tiny, anybody know where i can get one?

what else can i check ? starting to think maybe i wasn't able to solder the charge port propelry ?

so far what i have done with the switch was

change the charge port.

replaced p13usb ic shorted.

replaced one choke filter near the charge port no continuity.

what else do i need to check for ?

FXDX likes this.
  7. Pintglass

Jan 28, 2019
    United Kingdom
    If you've knocked one of the capacitors of on the signal lines it won't work, if this is the case there 0.1uf

FXDX likes this.
  8. solac

solac Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2009
    i knocked off the capacitor after testing the dock, while doing continuity. so i guess it has nothing to do with my switch refusing to dock. so where can i get one of those capacitors and what is the size ? also what else could i check, was also wondering if it could be the charge port? since that what caused all the problem in the first place. maybe the charge port was soldered incorrectly ? is there a way to check ?

Last edited by solac, Nov 18, 2019
  9. Pintglass

Jan 28, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Maybe the capacitor wasn't on well after your previous repairs, as there not usually that easy to knock off with multimeter probes.

There just standard mlcc caps every good electronics company will have them, size is 0603 metric or 0201 imperial

You need to test that you've got continuity from the port to the coils or the point on the caps closest to the coils, this is not easy as its difficult to get at the pins on the usb connector, but with a very fine needle soldered to your probe tip you can just get in between the port and the pcb, the only other way is to purchase a male usb connector to insert into the usb receptacle then test from the pins to the coils.

FXDX likes this.
  10. solac

solac Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2009
    .1uf 0603 how many volts ? 25v good enough ? i am having a hard time looking for it here in our country

11. solac

solac Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2009
    ok so i was able to talk to a local electronic supplier. all they have is 0.1uf 0603 16v ? will this work ?

12. Pintglass

Jan 28, 2019
    United Kingdom
    As long as the size is ok and there not 0603 imperial they will be fine

13. solac

solac Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2009
    the size seems to be correct. i have already bought them. now i am waiting for a couple of usb type c male plugs and will try to make a test board to check the integrity of the solder.

Last edited by solac, Nov 23, 2019
  14. paraskevas

paraskevas Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2019
    Greece
    @Pintglass It worked! Switch has finally booted! :)

FXDX likes this.
  15. Macca125

Macca125 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Hi guys, a little advice needed if you can please, i have a switch that came in today and it charges ok but when you turn the charger round it doesn't, is also does not work in dock. I have tried new chargers and dock but still the same {all original} so i replaced charge port but still the same only charging on one side. Any ideas ? maybe m92t36 chip ? Thanks

16. Pintglass

Jan 28, 2019
    United Kingdom
    More than likely M92T36

Macca125 likes this.
  17. Macca125

Macca125 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Yes you were right cheers

18. Crossfader

Crossfader Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2019
    Germany
    I have the same problem. I changed already the m92t36, BQ and P13usb ICs. Possibly a IC is not fully connect to the PCB.

19. ClownNBalloonTorture

ClownNBalloonTorture Newbie

Newcomer
    Thursday
    United States
    My switch doesn't boot past the logo and it doesn't go into rcm. The screen goes black when I put the jig in but it's not recognized by my pc or android when I hold power +. Should I play it safe and switch both chips? I suspect that some salsa my aunt dropped on my switch might be the reason it all went bad. @mattytrog

20. khalkedon

khalkedon Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2007
    Hi to everybody. I have a question interested with my problem.

The Nintendo Switch has no any screen after pressing to power button. I tried to enter RCM mode via dongle and no any sign. Only black screen.
    I check the voltage 5th and 6th pins of the M92T36. They are both gives me 3.2 volt (i think they are normal values?). There is no problem with the BQ24193, it charges the battery when I check with multimeter.

I checked the last suspect part one is P13USB. There is no any short nearts large resistor (or capasitor) to P13USB. Is there any control method like M92T36 5th and 6th pins for P13USB chip?

As result; the Nintendo Switch is in the black screen, please tell me the all possibilities to reason black screen.

Thank you.

Last edited by khalkedon, Dec 6, 2019 at 10:24 AM
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted