Hacking m3sakura is almost here!

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lets just wait for the english ver before anyone jumps to conclusions so everyone can test it besides one mmber

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Joe88 said:
lets just wait for the english ver before anyone jumps to conclusions so everyone can test it besides one mmber
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=884...t&p=1176773
I switched my M3 to japanese and tested it myself, then posted and excerpt of the log that relates to this. Homebrew only in the form it is presented in. Whether the regular loader files from M3 can be used to fix this, I don't know - the rom that runs from sakura (the loader loads a loader which loads sakura) is either compressed, crypted, or both - so seeking filenames in the raw data is pointless without some extra tooling(edit:/ unless, and I've overlooked this before too, the names are in unicode...)

iamanobody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hacked m3 sakura to boot on an english m3, but it will freeze on the screen saying 32 mb gba ram detected

Code:
RAM:0205C020 loc_205C020ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ; CODE XREF: RAM:0205C010j
RAM:0205C020ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ LDRHÂÂÂÂR0, [R9,#4]
RAM:0205C024ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ANDÂÂÂÂ R0, R0, #0x3700
RAM:0205C028ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ORRÂÂÂÂ R0, R0, #0xC000
RAM:0205C02CÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ STRHÂÂÂÂR0, [R9,#4]
RAM:0205C030ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ LDRBÂÂÂÂR0, [R11]
RAM:0205C034ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ CMPÂÂÂÂ R0, #0
RAM:0205C038ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ BEQÂÂÂÂ loc_205C0F0
RAM:0205C03CÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ADRÂÂÂÂ R0, aFatalErrorDiff; "Fatal error: Different language ID.\n"
RAM:0205C040ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ BLÂÂÂÂÂÂprint

the instruction RAM:0205C038 BEQ loc_205C0F0 needs to become B loc_205C0F0.
The 512 byte header of g6dsload.jp needs to be xor'd by 0x15 to change it to a .eng file or 0x7 to change it to a .ds.gba file

NOTE THAT THIS DOES NOT WORK; IT IS ONLY A PARTIAL HACK. I NEED TO FIND OUT HOW TO STOP IT FROM CRASHING.

D

Deleted User

iamanobody said:
i hacked m3 sakura to boot on an english m3, but it will freeze on the screen saying 32 mb gba ram detected

Code:
RAM:0205C020 loc_205C020ÂÂÂÂ; CODE XREF: RAM:0205C010j
RAM:0205C020ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ LDRHÂÂÂÂR0, [R9,#4]
RAM:0205C024ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ANDÂÂÂÂ R0, R0, #0x3700
RAM:0205C028ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ORRÂÂÂÂ R0, R0, #0xC000
RAM:0205C02CÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ STRHÂÂÂÂR0, [R9,#4]
RAM:0205C030ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ LDRBÂÂÂÂR0, [R11]
RAM:0205C034ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ CMPÂÂÂÂ R0, #0
RAM:0205C038ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ BEQÂÂÂÂ loc_205C0F0
RAM:0205C03CÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ADRÂÂÂÂ R0, aFatalErrorDiff; "Fatal error: Different language ID.\n"
RAM:0205C040ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ BLÂÂÂÂÂÂprint

the instruction RAM:0205C038 BEQ loc_205C0F0 needs to become B loc_205C0F0.
The 512 byte header of g6dsload.jp needs to be xor'd by 0x15 to change it to a .eng file or 0x7 to change it to a .ds.gba file

NOTE THAT THIS DOES NOT WORK; IT IS ONLY A PARTIAL HACK. I NEED TO FIND OUT HOW TO STOP IT FROM CRASHING.

Welcome to the forums, and keep us posted if you figure anything out! I'm sure everybody is anxious hear.

Tristan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i am so out of flashcarts...
Not that I have not been reading about them and know about most of their functionality just not sure where sakura shines .. It does look to have a nice graphic front end, but other themes for other flash carts provide entertaining and colorful graphics.. at least enough to customize and start the rom one wants...

I am still running one of the original M3 Compact Flash slot 2 that had a pass through using an original ds game.. amazingly it still is running roms. Sure it has no special features and it is bulky but so is my phat ds I bought on release.... hahaha So yes new flashcarts are a hard sell to me.. and I do not see where sakura is providing more than what others already are...

D

Deleted User

Tristan said:
i am so out of flashcarts...
Not that I have not been reading about them and know about most of their functionality just not sure where sakura shines .. It does look to have a nice graphic front end, but other themes for other flash carts provide entertaining and colorful graphics.. at least enough to customize and start the rom one wants...

I am still running one of the original M3 Compact Flash slot 2 that had a pass through using an original ds game.. amazingly it still is running roms. Sure it has no special features and it is bulky but so is my phat ds I bought on release.... hahaha So yes new flashcarts are a hard sell to me.. and I do not see where sakura is providing more than what others already are...

Sakura adds a bunch of things really. It has all the features of the original m3ds real, which is completely comparable to other competing flash cards. You know what features i'm talking about. It runs your roms and homebrew, etc. But where this card shines is it's media features. For somebody who just uses their ds for games, it's kind of a moot point, all it really offers is the most attractive gui of any cart, hands down, which should be enough to sway most people to it that are in the market for a new cart. Back to the media features. I toasted my mp3 player a while back accidentally, so I choose to get a flash cart instead of a new mp3 player in the mean time, so my ds is where it's at. I use my ds exclusively as my mp3 player. So for me, sakura will kick ass. Moonshell is basically built into the sakura gui. It plays mp3s right in the interface, and also has a resume feature for when you turn off the ds. It also plays movies right in the interface, which will be nice, I have always thought the gui on the version of moonshell that works with m3ds real sucks. It's hard to use and confusing to me, so sakura will be a nice change of pace. So basically, if you plan to use your ds at all for media, or plan to start, i think it's probably going to be one of the best carts out there.

Hope this helps you, and anyone else who is confused about what the hype is.

kyr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
RomanHelmet said:
It has all the features of the original m3ds real, which is completely comparable to other competing flash cards. You know what features i'm talking about. It runs your roms...
No, it doesn't. At least not at the moment.

D

Deleted User

kyr said:
RomanHelmet said:
It has all the features of the original m3ds real, which is completely comparable to other competing flash cards. You know what features i'm talking about. It runs your roms...
No, it doesn't. At least not at the moment.

Now youre just breaking balls. When all is said and done, it will. If it never ends up running roms, I will absolutely ditch my m3 real and buy an acekard or something else, maybe a cyclo. That would just be rediculous. And I would be super pissed that they strung everyone along for this long. But I still have hope. (I think).

antonben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i believe g6team should reply regarding the english version of sakura. they should atleast make a statement so as to not make the speculations grow more.

Is the sakura firmware only for japan version and m3sakura version of the m3ds real? if no then when will be the us/eu version be released?

yes it is a new firmware but will this firmware be able to boot roms?

it is only the posters here who assumed that there will be rom support but they can argue that the m3sakura.jp didn't posted anything about roms.

so g6team your credibility as a company is at stake here. you should reply and confirm or unconfirm the speculations here. we are all pirates here. but atleast

have a decency of having a 'pirate honor'. lol
grog.gif
lecture.gif

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I think everyone should just shut the fuck up until they make a statement, or until we pass the threshold of "tolerable wait time" (no, the day after the initial release is not past that threshold).

It truly disgusts me that I belong to a species with beings who are so god damn impatient.

antonben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Urza said:
Honestly, I think everyone should just shut the fuck up until they make a statement, or until we pass the threshold of "tolerable wait time" (no, the day after the initial release is not past that threshold).

It truly disgusts me that I belong to a species with beings who are so god damn impatient.

yes but you have to understand without the other posters post, they the company would think that what they are doing is ok hence they would continue with their

practice. and they are the ones who posted may 30 as a release date and with barely 2 days from release only saying that it is only japanese version compatible

thus getting our hopes up then crashing it down. and yes you should be disgusted with yourself because you are also impatient with the post of the community..and

you assumed that you are right. you did not consider where the other posters are coming from.. now whose the one who should shut the fuck up? atleast their complaints

would benifit us all if the company is pressured and make a statement rather than wait and do nothing....if you are pissed with us noobie dr cox who are "impatient" then don't read our posts...

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antonben said:
Urza said:

yes but you have to understand without the other posters post, they the company would think that what they are doing is ok hence they would continue with their practice. and they are the ones who posted may 30 as a release date and with barely 2 days from release only saying that it is only japanese version compatible, thus getting our hopes up then crashing it down. and yes you should be disgusted with yourself because you are also impatient with the post of the community..and you assumed that you are right. you did not consider where the other posters are coming from..
1. I'm pretty sure they realize that the loader does not play commercial ROMs, and this was either A) purposeful, or B) they just couldn't get it working by the newly announced release date (which they likely didn't push back further since they actually scheduled a physical event).

2. If you have criticisms of the cart, you could always EMAIL THEM. Posting here does nothing useful, and just further fuels useless speculation and the other nonsense that comes with it.

3. The Japanese version is only compatible with the Japanese version. Any half-intelligent person could look back at their past actions and guessed that this would still be the case.

4. Your defense of human impatience is as nonsensical as it is pitiful. You are impatient, that is that. You're all going into mad speculation, accusations of the company, even some flaming at each other, all because something that affects your life to such a miniscule degree has been delayed. It really is pathetic.

shiroitaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Welcome to the world of Attention Deficit Disorder
smile.gif
But seriously when some people build it up this much in their minds you can't blame them. Just live and let live. Hell I'm sure we all have other stuff to do then complain about each others behaviour.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: