Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I was sitting at the computer all morning waiting for them to release new information, but got dragged away by my girlfriend because she wanted me to go jogging with her
tongue.gif
. I just got back and I'm busy translating all the new stuff right now, then I'm going to post the new information on JPH's page because it seems this information isn't getting out to enough people.

I have the Japanese M3 Real, so I don't have any problems getting it to run. But like Urza said, someone is going to figure out how to get this onto the English version cards pretty soon.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It's always good to do things your girlfriend wants you to do!!;)

You just do that, translate everything there is to translate, (and if you got time, answer to my message
smile.gif
)
And I woul like to hear what is your first impression of firmware, main question is DOES IT RUN ROMS?
And is it still fast as in beta, or it slowed down a bit now when it's finished?

antonben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi densetsu. wow you are a lucky one for being one of the first to try m3 sakura. and could you please sort of add a mini review of the sakura itself..thanks

i've tried iq's patch but it doesn't work...it seems that they used another protection for the language setting from the original firmware..

chaotic_geo

Trophies
Website
thegamingforum.org
XP
Country
Densetsu3000 said:
I was sitting at the computer all morning waiting for them to release new information, but got dragged away by my girlfriend because she wanted me to go jogging with her
tongue.gif
. I just got back and I'm busy translating all the new stuff right now, then I'm going to post the new information on JPH's page because it seems this information isn't getting out to enough people.

I have the Japanese M3 Real, so I don't have any problems getting it to run. But like Urza said, someone is going to figure out how to get this onto the English version cards pretty soon.

There's like 100 Sakura threads, so annoying
laugh.gif

Tell us more Densetsu!!!

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
QUOTE said:
There's like 100 Sakura threads, so annoying laugh.gif
I was just thinking the same thing, while searching trough all those topics to see if he posted anything..
I am really curious, but will go to sleep soon, and tomorrow hopefully, there will be LOTS of good news for me to read (and maybe to download)........

D

Deleted User

the check disc is a new feature i remember reading a little about that the m3 team is implementing. it's probably similar to a check disc on your computer, except here for your sd card. i doubt it's the file that is excluding the round eye, if that's what you meant.

RevLTD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As trying to hex edit the files ive come to this
defualtx.nds defaulty.nds are what first loaded up. Needed for it. May cause region locked.
default.skn is skin
dldibody.bin may cause error also.
language.set is modified hwen running language setup. both are japanese.
rq_table.img is something i dont know, same with sjis2uni.tbl
splash.ani is the splash when loading up
swap.$$$ is nothing inside it.
in language folder it gives messages and what charset to use, to make an english one:
translate everything to english name it chrglyph.931 and make a messages one like that.
in launch:
check disk will not cause region lock
image viewer is self explanitory
m3 sakura ipk is also unknown to me.
moonshell is moonshell.
morning timer may be alarm clock OR the calander.
sndeff=sound effects.
textfont=fonts.
an interesting note is bgbmp.dat, launch.dat, m3sakura,dat, and resume.dat dont seem to do anything.

D

Deleted User

RevLTD said:
As trying to hex edit the files ive come to this
defualtx.nds defaulty.nds are what first loaded up. Needed for it. May cause region locked.
default.skn is skin
language.set is modified hwen running language setup. both are japanese.
splash.ani is the splash when loading up
in language folder it gives messages and what charset to use, to make an english one:
translate everything to english name it chrglyph.931 and make a messages one like that.
in launch:
check disk will not cause region lock
image viewer is self explanitory
moonshell is moonshell.
sndeff=sound effects.
textfont=fonts.
an interesting note is bgbmp.dat, launch.dat, m3sakura,dat, and resume.dat dont seem to do anything.

Yea, I opened up the g6dsload.jp, eng, and gb files in an IDE, and I was able to find lines in all three of those that correspond with the error messages coming up. I really have no clue what I'm doing tho and I'm just blindly fumbling around. I really hope that somebody (maybe you revltd) can start some hacking on this.

habbah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
messages.932 has something about the language in it? i put it in hex editor. anyone know english cpu code or something.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RevLTD said:
-dldibody.bin is a stripped dldi, just what is needed by the program
-sjis2uni.tbl = sjis to unicode table (for displaying sjis fonts presumably)
-swap.$$$ = like a swapfile on windows, is used likely to artificially expand DS memory
-m3 sakura ipk = as I said above, it is an image viewer compilation of images, which appear to be an instruction manual for sakura
-morning timer = alarm clock, it's been around for quite a while (moonshell author created it)
- these all look like cache files of some type, placeholders or used to load more complicated things faster
bgbmp.dat ~ ??
launch.dat ~ is written to when you launch something
m3sakura.dat ~ is referenced in the main binary
resume.dat ~ maybe sleep mode, to resume from

region locking is done in g6dsload.jp - it checks the M3 to see which region it is by checking certain bits. My M3, with a soldering iron, can be converted easily from chinese to japanese to english and back because the lines that set these bits were left exposed on earlier M3reals.

edit:/ the message/chrglyph are basically codepages for specific regions (in this case 931 and 932 are provided)
An example of what this means can be found on windows codepage 932:
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/dbcs/932.mspx

RevLTD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know almost nothing of coding, I was looking at strings. So thanks cory for the updates. Deleting g6dsload.jp=still region locked. If I can find the bits that it checks and tell program to look for the american bits, we'll have a sakura firmware.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RevLTD:
All I used was a hex editor, but I had the advantage of being able to run the program and see the files as they were modified, and messages relating to them in the logs.

Probably because your card is from a different region, it is trying to load the .eng or .gb file instead of the jp one (the embedded bootstrap in M3's eeprom picks which file to try and load based on the jumpers I mentioned.) I think the eng and gb are stripped or from a previous version, but iq_132 made a little tool to change the header crypt between regions a long time ago so all that would really be needed would be to isolate the check (or just wait a few more weeks/months/years and see if sakura is going to be done in english as well.)

As the TS mentions, you are not missing out on much - it can't do many things that m3real's loader can, it's homebrew only it seems (but in configuration, skin and usability it sure trumps.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme