Hacking m3i Zero (GMP-Z003) sleep not working - help?

chiark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all! Apologies for the noob-ness of the question but there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer to this. If there is, please be gentle with me
biggrin.gif

I have 2 Nintendo DSIs (2 sons, y'see) and bought M3i Zero cards for them, which are the GMP-Z003 version. I've flashed with firmware 1.6.1, and am using Sakura 1.49 with Touchpad 4.9.
The microSD cards are Kingston Class 2 2GB MicroSD. Cheap and cheerful.

Whatever I do, I cannot seem to get sleep to work when I close the DS lid. The best example is New Super Mario Bros, where I get a loop of "bye bye" then "itsa me-mario", then "bye-bye", then... Repeat until hair removed!

Sleep doesn't seem to work on any card: they all seem to click the sound, or whatever...

I've tried slipping a piece of paper between the card and DSi to push the contacts on harder, but no joy.

I must admit I thought this was the card to go for, but now it seems I should have bought something else... Damn
frown.gif

Any help gratefully received!

chiark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
One thing that might, or might not, help: one situation that sleep DOES work in is when I am in the "mario vs luigi" menu on NSMB... Quite why I do not know, but it reliably works at that point. And apparently no other point!

Dakdas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the exact same problem. Like you said, it just continually goes in and out of sleep mode when it's closed.

You can pretty much chalk it up to a crappy design or something.

zman1

Trophies
XP
Country
angry.gif
M3i zero with dsixl. Close lid on any game and you can hear the screen blinking, slighlty open screen and you can see the screens blinking.
Help i need a fix. This can't be doing the ds any good.

chiark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if it's worth noting what cards people are using, and what doesn't work seeing as some people are having success with some kinds of cards.

Not working:
Kingston 2GB Class2 MicroSD model SDC/2GB

Anyone care to add to the list?

vyperstrike

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Short answer: Nope.

We did some testing a while back, it seems independent of SD cards. And it's persisted through the two most recent firmware updates (1.7.1/1.7.2), so my guess is it is a base hardware problem and will never be fixed.

honoka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that sucks. I'm sad I didn't check up
on this before I bought the damn card. I should
just sell it and buy another one that has this basic
functionality. I reported the issue on the M3 forum's
bug-tracker. At least we should get some official information about
this issue.

vyperstrike

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I didn't do enough research before jumping into the M3 either. I'm too cheap to buy another card though, at least not until something else breaks that bothers me more.
This has been updated somewhat recently. http://gbatemp.net/t276151-the-beginner-s-...o-ds-flashcarts

zizer said:
i have m3izero (no GMP-Z003) and don't have this issue
Yes Zizer, we all know having the GMP-Z003 blows for us, thanks.

momaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the old version m3i zero and a ds lite, and just tried the f_core 1.7.2 and test with New Super Mario Bros. I now have the sleep issue as well, which just goes "bye bye" and "it's me mario" over and over again. I downgrade back to f_core 1.6.1 and all is well again. There might be something with the firmware, but of course if you have a GMP-Z003 then I guess there is no downgrade. Possibly a future fix, maybe?

honoka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe, maybe not. I now have a Acekard 2i and I'm much more happy with it. It's faster, more easy to use and it seems more compatible with my Kingston microSD card.

chiark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn. it seems that this is doomed to failure...

Acekard 2i might be the way forward then, which is annoying - especially as I've bought four of these things on the understanding they were fairly good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can