Hacking M3i not working in a new DSi but is in an older DSi console!!

rich_swuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I followed the instructions to enable the M3i zero. I loaded data onto the microSD card, inserted into a brand new DSi. The DSi menu shows the M3i card which I then select, I get the following error message on the DSi,

"An error has occurred. Press & hold power button to turn the system off. Please refer to NDSi Ops manual for details" - nothing in the manual helps!

Also tried in another brand new DSi, the M3i still doesn't work, same message as above. DS games cards work fine.

The M3i is running the latest, v1.45 X.

I then tried the M3i card in an older DSi console (6 months old), it works absolutely fine!!
wacko.gif

Can anyone please help?

Rich

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
rich_swuk said:
Hi,

I followed the instructions to enable the M3i zero. I loaded data onto the microSD card, inserted into a brand new DSi. The DSi menu shows the M3i card which I then select, I get the following error message on the DSi,

"An error has occurred. Press & hold power button to turn the system off. Please refer to NDSi Ops manual for details" - nothing in the manual helps!

Also tried in another brand new DSi, the M3i still doesn't work, same message as above. DS games cards work fine.

The M3i is running the latest, v1.45 X.

I then tried the M3i card in an older DSi console (6 months old), it works absolutely fine!!
wacko.gif

Can anyone please help?

Rich
Have the DSi's got the same firmware number ??
When used on older DSi does it show a 'Acekard' icon or a 'Danny Phantom' icon ??

If the answers are 'No-firmware numbers are different' and 'acekard icon' then yes you will need to use the f_core update

rich_swuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, I've completed the f_core.dat update, followed the instructions on http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168862. If I re-format the SD card then follow the guidelines I get a constant red LED. If I then use another memory SD card the f-core.dat update seems to work...flashing LED. When I then load data onto this card, I now get the the same error message on both DSi,

Tried different microSDd cards....I can no longer read data on the older DSi.

The older DSi f/ware v1.2E, newer DSi f/ware 1.4E. I haven't noticed either an "acecard" or "danny phantom" icon.

I also use a Supercard DSonei in the older DSi, this which works fine, however, it doesn't work in the newer DSi.

any further suggestions would be grately appreciated....not sure what I'm doing wrong
frown.gif

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The SCDSONEi also needs a firmware update because N blocked it in SM1.4. DL the latest core update to the root of the MicroSD and plug it in to the USB writer.

rich_swuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks...I'll keep using my SCOnei with my older DSi console

I'd like to get the M3i zero working with my new later console! Having looked around various fora it seems that v1.4 NDSi firmware blocks flash cards, does the latest f_core.dat update resolve this issue?

bluejays

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well after i watched the video a little info box pops up in the middle of it saying that you will need a newer version because 1.4 blocked old core firmware..so u basically should go the the M3 adapter website if i am correct and download the ones for 1.4..
I don't have the m3i zero myself..but im pretty sure the video doesn't give you the most updated one.

S

sumarth

bluejays said:
Let us know if it worked since i may get a M3I zero and if there are problems like this i might not.

many people have done this withuot problems

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The one on that page is an old version. It is firmware for the cart, just not new enough to unblock the cart. M3's website should have the latest firmware.

rich_swuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast