Hacking M3 Simply--NO homebrew WiFi support!

jbullfrog1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is so frustrating.

NDSMail and DSLiveWeather both load up on my M3 simply, but I can NEVER connect to my router. DSOrganize works fine, but I can't load up the Homebrew database.

Yet, wifi works fine for Tetris DS, Mario Kart DS, Clubhouse games

What the heck!
wtf.gif

I believe M3 Simply is.......simply problematic for wifi homebrew!

Has anyone been succesful in connecting?
wacko.gif

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Live Weather worked for me, however if was the only thing I've tried. I think the problem is on your side there, buddy.

its-my-right

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Beup works very fine for me, but indeed, I cannot send mail with nds mail, it display an "connection error" when I try to send my mail...

jbullfrog1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Someone told me that it might have to do with the new ds lites and the wifi chip. Said I needed DSwifi 0.3c

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't been able to get anything to connect, its my router or its settings (nothing to do with M3 simply, since I have none) which I am just not tempted to mess with at this point...

Basically: you gotta play with your router until homebrew can connect. The wifi lib doesn't support everything that the commercial DS library does at this point. Just about anything could go wrong; WEP vs no crypt, SSID broadcast vs no broadcast, static vs dynamic IP assignment - all have had different effects for different people. Specific router firmware versions sometimes can have problems too.

jbullfrog1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am pretty sure it is because I have a new ds lite just purchased this month.

NDSMail, DSOrganize and DSLiveWeather probably don't have dswifi 0.3c incorporated.

dswifi 0.3c works with the new dslite chipsets.

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My DS Lite = 3 weeks old
My router settings:

1) DHCP enabled
2) WEP enabled using 128bit key (I know, WEP's crap, but nintendo REFUSE to support WPA)
1) Auth rate : Auto (not shared)
2) SSID transmit : enabled (allows you to see the router's name)

Everything else in my settings are too advanced for me to explain to you as you won't need to know what they do, and I doubt you would have messed around with them anyways.

But the main thing..

DONT USE WPA as DS doesn't support this encryption. Or you could turn encryption off (!!!?!?).

another point...

Input the full Key1 WEP key into the DS Lite..... i.e. use the full HEX key, not the passphrase.

lurker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turn off DHCP.

I will rephrase this. I have a DS Lite. Most wifilib homebrew programs didn't work with DHCP on. I gave my DS Lite a static IP (192.169.0.10) and everything worked. BeUp, DSOrganize, DS2Key, everything.

QUOTE(iamwhoiam @ Jan 22 2007, 02:08 PM)2) WEP enabled using 128bit key (I know, WEP's crap, but nintendo REFUSE to support WPA)
Explain WPA in the Wii.

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
we're not talking about the WII, we're talking about the DS

when I say "nintendo refuse to support WPA"... please remember we are in the DS forum. I can see how you would have thought I meant everything, but 1) i'm not stupid and 2) i clearly wasn't talking about the wii when i said this...

edit:

QUOTE said:
But the main thing..

DONT USE WPA as DS doesn't support this encryption. Or you could turn encryption off (!!!?!?).

wuka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just tried this on my newish DS Lite and couldn't get DSLiveWeather to work either with WEP + DHCP or no DHCP. I can use Mario Kart just fine, but not DSLiveWeather. It's the only ones I've tried however. The error message was "Connecting to AP... Failed!"

jbullfrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a NEW DS Lite, and a M3 Simply, most of homebrew wifi won't work becuase DSWifi 0.3c hasn't been implemented into the homebrew app yet.

Today, (1/24/07) DSLive Weather implemented 0.3c and on my nds ds lite and M3 Simply, it worked like a charm!

There is no need to change DCHP or manually alter anything.
bow.gif
bow.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn