Frederica Bernkastel

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
marational said:
Sakura's great. The feature's are definitely lacking though.
I agree, but Sakura is better for Media playback.
I use it for my Media and R4 microSD's
The standard firmware is best for actual games.

Shebang said:
Standard firmware until sakura is stable (at least according to the postings here). Don't have time to fiddle around - I want to PLAY!

-shebang
I agree. While the awesome GUI and abilities of Sakura are superior to the official firmware, There is a tremendous amount of fiddling.

Toni Plutonij said:
thedicemaster said:
stable?
not really.

the slightest abnormalities in the system folders can cause problems in m3sakura right now.
tough if you just avoid using wallpapers, and messing with system files, you won't have much trouble.
Hmmmm, it could be the thing that I never "messed" with system files, except while skinning, but I never had crash on my Sakura..
So it was pretty stable for me 'till up now..As I said, it does have it's flaws, but I wouldn't say it's unstable.....(if you try messing with any firmware, from any flash cart, you'll probably mess it up)..
Unstable is putting it strongly, there are some faults with Sakura, but there are more with the official firmware, yet more people use the official firmware, simply because games are used more often than media on the DS.
Offtopic: If you mess around with the CycloDS firmware, nothing bad happens as it stores a copy on the 4mb memory!
Ontopic:

QUOTE(MegaShark @ Aug 19 2008, 02:42 PM)
I'm staying with the default firmware (3.9) until Sakura is officially launched... I want to, er, play!, DS Organize works fine for me AND I have a 8GB Sandisk card and I don't want to lose time just trying to figure out whether something does not work because of Sakura or SDHC cards...
Thats cause you're using the special version of DSorganise, which was slightly modified in terms of DLDI. I'm using it now

marational

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since we don't know how long the M3 team will take to release their English version of Sakura and subsequent updates, wouldn't it be possible to apply all the English hacks and translations to the more recent versions of Sakura?

I'm not trying to say that it's something incredibly simple to do, but I'm wondering if anyone has plans to do such a thing.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
marational said:
Since we don't know how long the M3 team will take to release their English version of Sakura and subsequent updates, wouldn't it be possible to apply all the English hacks and translations to the more recent versions of Sakura?

I'm not trying to say that it's something incredibly simple to do, but I'm wondering if anyone has plans to do such a thing.
what more recent versions?
last time i checked the english hacked ones are version 1.11X sp1(displays as v1.10, typo)
and handheldsources says that's the latest.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It is the last one....Hacked Sakura (that can be found and downloaded in my sig) is the last version updated with the ServicePack 1, and the "only" one for now..
We'll have to wait for English Release to get new updates and fully functional homebrew support..

-Mew-

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Toni Plutonij said:
It is the last one....Hacked Sakura (that can be found and downloaded in my sig) is the last version updated with the ServicePack 1, and the "only" one for now..
We'll have to wait for English Release to get new updates and fully functional homebrew support..
So wait is the real Sakura getting firmwire updates?

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It did get one update, that was ServicePack 1, after that nothing....But M3 Real default firmware is updated constantly..
Sakura is being officially translated for quite some time now, and we are under impression that they are fixing things, and adding some new stuff..
They said that official release is delayed, but not for how long..

So, actually, you have no fear about this, M3 Team is known for delays and stuff like that, but they never failed at anything they announced and said!!

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the only updates m3sakura really needs are fixed features.
they have no reason to rush patches, since just about every new game runs fine on SP1, with the exception of band brothers DX and it's huge savefile.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, I'm having open mind, and hoping that they actually do update/fix features in this long time sing Jap. release..
Games work fine, but they really need a little bit more polishing..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work