Hacking Can you help me identify this R4 card? (no sticker or package)

residentblast112

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I am very new to Homebrew, as I've only recently discovered it and decided to buy a r4 card right away. I most likely have without proper knowledge bought a clone, and now I can't find the correct firmware for it. I will post pictures of the card and the item description from where I bought it. The description is:

Description:-

100% brand new and high quality

Features:
R4 supports up to 2GB standard TF card.
R4 game archives are directly stored on the TF card, eliminating the need for manual backup archive steps.
The R4 archive is a 512k .sav file.
For self-made software, R4 can automatically patch DLDI, and integrate Moonshell multimedia software in the kernel, so as to realize the functions of watching movies, listening to music and reading e-books.
For NDS\NDSL models applicable to R4 DS burning card.

Specifications:
Model: R4
Material: ABS
Size: Approx. 35x34x4 mm/1.37x1.3x0.16 inch
Compatible Models: for NDS MD GB GBC FC PCE SD Card Adapters
Type: Game Flashcard/Game Flashcard with TF Card(optional)

Notes:
Please allow 1-2cm errors due to manual measurement,pls make sure that you do not mind before you order.
Due to the difference between different monitors, the picture may not reflect the actual color of the item.

Package Includes:
1 Piece Game Flashcard/Game Flashcard with TF Card(2 Choices Optional)...
0774C29F-EAA9-4364-80DF-EC0EECFC079F.jpg
703B8D7B-A221-4E08-98E3-9A91D8F33DAC.jpg

Reactions: e1v and spkatsi

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
Funnily enough I think that's about as close as you can get to not a clone for an R4, I think that's an original R4 (or more accurately a 1:1 clone of it)

The kernel for it is here: https://flashcard-archive.ds-homebrew.com/R4_original_M3_Simply/
The big problem with the original R4 though, especially these days, is that it can only use SD cards 2GB or smaller so you'll need to find a 2GB or smaller microSD card somewhere.

Honestly just about any clone is better than the original R4 these days, if you decide to get another the generally recommended ones currently are the Ace3DS+ clones that don't have a label and have a red PCB fyi. (See this reddit post for more details) The original R4 is fairly good though if you can get a 2GB microSD card and that's enough space for you since it does have the official Wood.

jamespoo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Funnily enough I think that's about as close as you can get to not a clone for an R4, I think that's an original R4 (or more accurately a 1:1 clone of it)

The kernel for it is here: https://flashcard-archive.ds-homebrew.com/R4_original_M3_Simply/
The big problem with the original R4 though, especially these days, is that it can only use SD cards 2GB or smaller so you'll need to find a 2GB or smaller microSD card somewhere.

Honestly just about any clone is better than the original R4 these days, if you decide to get another the generally recommended ones currently are the Ace3DS+ clones that don't have a label and have a red PCB fyi. (See this reddit post for more details) The original R4 is fairly good though if you can get a 2GB microSD card and that's enough space for you since it does have the official Wood.
thanks for the FW file i have the same card bought it because it was $3.11usd free shipping to new zealand to use it in my old ds lite already have an ace 3ds + in my 2ds
good thing i still have an old 2gb sd card lying around and using trimming tool was able to fit more roms ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM