Hacking M3 Sakura vs. Standard firmware

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bit the bullet and got the triple loader and I'm very impressed! I like it a lot, very smooth, etc. Although, I can't figure out how to enable cheats in sakura...

Frederica Bernkastel

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
xJonny said:
No problems here too, although my friend had trouble with GRID on Sakura (he was using a 4GB Sandisk).
Sakura has some problems with SDHC firmwarew it seems...

Toni Plutonij said:
I'm using Sakura from it's release, but that's just because I watch lots of movies, and I was making a skin, so I hat to check it up all the time..
I don't have any problems with the old firmware, but I really prefer Sakura..
Its an awesome skin! I use it...

triple-sevenz said:
i use the triple loader but mainly sakura cause the real fw lags and itouch fw looks gay.
The real firmware lags AND is too fast the rest of the time

QUOTE(Joe88 @ Aug 16 2008, 12:06 AM) QUOTE(RomanHelmet @ Aug 15 2008, 03:44 PM)
I've tried to use DSOrganize a bunch of times but it tells me to dldi patch it. So I went out and tried to figure out how to do so. So I did what I thought was going to work, and nothing did! Can anybody help me to dldi patch DSO so that I can run homebrew from it?
just put DSO in the root directory of the microsd card and boot from there
Although... The Read/Write system of DSorganize is incompatable with M3 Real so if you get it to work, things like the internet browser will curropt your card.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I got M3 real solely for the Sakura, but i have a debate of homebrew - randomly my 4Gb memory card's homebrew stops booting from sakura, homebrew cannot find DLDI anymore. Homebrew still will boot from M3 real firmware or iTouch one.

I think my case is pretty invidual one, and i say:
WINNER IS: SAKURA! *ssbb win music*

Roman_42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Antoligy said:
Although... The Read/Write system of DSorganize is incompatable with M3 Real so if you get it to work, things like the internet browser will curropt your card.

Ahhh, thanks a lot for the info. My card gets currupted now and then and I wasn't perfecty sure if I've always used DSO before it got corrupted, but I've suspected it all the time.
smile.gif

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Roman_42 said:
Antoligy said:

Ahhh, thanks a lot for the info. My card gets currupted now and then and I wasn't perfecty sure if I've always used DSO before it got corrupted, but I've suspected it all the time.
smile.gif

Duplicateing problems and pointing out things: Birthday version people, Cyclo gets corrupted by newest DSO aswell, use the birthday version!

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, it's actually problem with the DSO, not the flashcart, so this one will probably do good..
I stopped using DSO a while ago, because I actually didn't have any use of it, I was playing all the time..

Now I don't have time for nothing, because of the job..that sucks!!

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Roman_42 said:
This one?

DSOrganize_3_1129.zip
http://acemanonline.wordpress.com/2007/11/...rthday-release/

Thanks I'll try it. Is it safe to say that I won't cause any SD card corrupten on M3reals?

Well, cycloDS has also problem of DSO corrupting it, so i tought this is same problem just on different cart. So, it has high potential that DSO birthday version will not corrupt, but i am not sure.
unsure.gif

Japhle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
thedicemaster said:
sandisk 4GB C2 SDHC, no problems with grid.
This and Kingston 4GB Class 4.....I use both and have NO problems with the GRID (and I'm quite enjoying it!!)

I agree, GRID is quite an excellent racer, In fact I might like it better than I did speed Racer.

But anyways, those three games all worked well when I use my 4GB Sandisk, it's quite pleasant.

carterman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sakura. The usability is far far superior to the default firmware, and OpenTyrian works on Sakura
biggrin.gif
. Soft reset would be nice to have, but I can live without it for now.

Shebang

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Standard firmware until sakura is stable (at least according to the postings here). Don't have time to fiddle around - I want to PLAY!

-shebang

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Shebang said:
Standard firmware until sakura is stable (at least according to the postings here). Don't have time to fiddle around - I want to PLAY!

-shebang
Well, Sakura IS stable....what do you mean until sakura is stable?!
It still has some minor things to improve, but firmware itself works great, no lags, no freezing....It never failed at me..

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
stable?
not really.

the slightest abnormalities in the system folders can cause problems in m3sakura right now.
tough if you just avoid using wallpapers, and messing with system files, you won't have much trouble.

Reconnin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having problems with Grid with Sakura but it was because I was using a earlier hacked version. I found a more resent version and all game that were giving me problems work perfectly now, which is good cause I didn't wanna go back to using the Fireware version!
yaynds.gif

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
thedicemaster said:
stable?
not really.

the slightest abnormalities in the system folders can cause problems in m3sakura right now.
tough if you just avoid using wallpapers, and messing with system files, you won't have much trouble.
Hmmmm, it could be the thing that I never "messed" with system files, except while skinning, but I never had crash on my Sakura..
So it was pretty stable for me 'till up now..As I said, it does have it's flaws, but I wouldn't say it's unstable.....(if you try messing with any firmware, from any flash cart, you'll probably mess it up)..

MegaShark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm staying with the default firmware (3.9) until Sakura is officially launched... I want to, er, play!, DS Organize works fine for me AND I have a 8GB Sandisk card and I don't want to lose time just trying to figure out whether something does not work because of Sakura or SDHC cards...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.