Hacking M3 Perfect lite in-game menu doesn't work in GBA

skidrash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've searched for an answer to my question and I can't seem to find it anywhere. I checked the FAQs to no avail, so if this has already been answered, sorry for asking again... I have an M3 Perfect Lite SD with a 2gb Sandisk micro card in my NDS Lite. I'm running the card in GBA mode(which is really all I care about, I don't want to run NDS apps on it) and the roms work fine. I can save and when I reboot the system the save is backed up automatically and everything works as it should...

Except the in-game menu (L+R+A+B). When I press the combination (L+R+A+B) I get the M3 in-game menu and I can cycle up and down selecting the different options, but as soon as I press A or B the menu exits back to the game. I can't save, load, reset or anything from this menu. I've tried different button combinations, but every time I hit that A or B it's back to the game. I loaded the games with the v35e game manager and I selected the real time save option (am I missing something?). I've also tried different formats on the SD card.(I've tried fat32 @ 8K clusters, fat32 @ 16K, and fat16 with whatever the default cluster size is)

Does anyone have any suggestions at all? I would really like to be able to save the SRAM via the in-game menu, instead of having to rely on the autobackup when I reboot.

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
I've searched for an answer to my question and I can't seem to find it anywhere. I checked the FAQs to no avail, so if this has already been answered, sorry for asking again... I have an M3 Perfect Lite SD with a 2gb Sandisk micro card in my NDS Lite. I'm running the card in GBA mode(which is really all I care about, I don't want to run NDS apps on it) and the roms work fine. I can save and when I reboot the system the save is backed up automatically and everything works as it should...

Except the in-game menu (L+R+A+B). When I press the combination (L+R+A+B) I get the M3 in-game menu and I can cycle up and down selecting the different options, but as soon as I press A or B the menu exits back to the game. I can't save, load, reset or anything from this menu. I've tried different button combinations, but every time I hit that A or B it's back to the game. I loaded the games with the v35e game manager and I selected the real time save option (am I missing something?). I've also tried different formats on the SD card.(I've tried fat32 @ 8K clusters, fat32 @ 16K, and fat16 with whatever the default cluster size is)

Does anyone have any suggestions at all? I would really like to be able to save the SRAM via the in-game menu, instead of having to rely on the autobackup when I reboot.

it is because u build the rom (in m3 manager) using compressed file (.rar/.zip). u need to extract the file and use .gba instead...
it happen to me...
gbasp.gif

skidrash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa! Talk about hitting the nail on the head. You called it man... Straight out of a zip file. I just extracted to a gba, loaded it, and it worked perfectly! Thanks for such a fast reply, I've been pulling my hair out over this for forever!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o