M3 Lite flush fitting pictures in the DS Lite!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by FifthE1ement, Aug 25, 2006.

1. FifthE1ement
    OP

Member FifthE1ement GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Pictures have now been posted showing how the M3 Lite sits flush in the DS Lite. It sits not quite as flush as the G6 Lite or SuperCard Lite but is still leaps better than the EZ4 Lite.

I have posted all three DS Lite flashcart solutions pics below and you can tell which ones fit and look the best in the DS Lite:

M3 Lite
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

VS

SuperCard Lite:
    [​IMG]

G6 Lite:

[​IMG]

EZ4 Lite:

[​IMG]

It seems the G6 Lite wins big as it’s almost an exact replica of the DS Lite dust cover while the SuperCard Lite is a narrow second followed by the M3 Lite and lingering far behind is the EZ4 Lite.

FifthE1ement [​IMG]

2. FifthE1ement
    OP

United States
    Also posted were screens of the M3 Lite internals and covers:

More M3 Lite pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. KINGOFNOOBS

Member KINGOFNOOBS GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    M3 Lite isnt flush. nor, (*Supercard Lite*) I used s translator and asked them. They said the 3rd pic (on the hacken.cc forums with the M3 Lite topic thread ) is G6 Lite, not M3 Lite. Which makes sence, since it wouldnt corespond with the other pictures.

Flushness

G6 Lite > Supercard Lite > M3 Lite > EZ Flash 4 Lite > Ewin 2 Lite.

BTW: Supercard Lite isnt flush because they made the 'handle' thingy to large. (stupid idiots)

4. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    On the second pic of the M3L, isnt that just a perspective issue? I remember a picture similar to that one for the SCL posted before/when it came out and it was just cause of the angle. Iono? Way to point out that the EZ4L is dead last =P

edit: KINGOFNOOBS, you have shown me the light [​IMG] I'm still going to get the M3L cause I'm just an M3 Fanboy XD

5. FifthE1ement
    OP

United States
    I don't think its perspective with the pics as they shows the sides and front and it just doesn't seem to sit in there flush. I'm sure we'll see more pics in the coming days to be 100% sure.

FifthE1ement [​IMG]

6. bullet007

Member bullet007 GBAtemp Regular

I like the pictures, but i wish that the M3 team would release a GBA sized case for the M3L (like the G6L).

7. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    People are just going to have to stop asking for this. There are perfectly acceptable GBA-sized solutions already. These versions are tagged "Lite" to work with the DS Lite, and arguably will be more popular over time. People will ALWAYS find something to complain about with each new flashkit, but seem to forget the market is already flooded with kits that meet their needs just fine.

My question is - is the microSD slot SPRING-LOADED? If not, it's just as useless as every other Lite card that didn't spring-load the slot.

8. baz8755

Newcomer baz8755 Member

United Kingdom
    Is it just me or is it on the other side of the PCB! I can't see the battery everyone has been complaining about in these pictures

9. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    Least there is no way for the media card to fall out ala sc lite, also, has it been revealed if the cart takes mini or micro sd?

-EDIT-

Nevermind.

10. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    I dont think it needs to be spring loaded. For one, its side-loading. For two, it looks like it would be easy to pull out of the M3 Lite anyways.

P.S. Thug, you're slow =P j/k

11. CatScam

Member CatScam ScamaRama!

United States
    I bet you in 3 to 6 months the M3 team will release a front-loading lite version.
    Look at the main board, there is plenty of room to flip that mini-SD slot. The
    side loading looks to be a money making ploy. [​IMG]

12. rkenshin

Member rkenshin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hey, M3 is smart.. They think like Nintendo and the DS Lite [​IMG]

You shouldn't always get it right the first time or you'll end up losing in hardware sales to the competition, hehe..