Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! Could you please show me how (which folder)? I tried but no luck.

In Citra, it's Load\textures\GameID
but in Luma3ds, I can't use the same link, though mods folder in GameId\romfs works fine.
Not sure if this applies to whatever you're trying to do but, mods usually go inside SD:\luma\titles folder.
Also make sure you have "game patching" enabled in Luma3ds Menu.

Vaan red

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Updated to 11.16.0.48 almost yesterday . LOL. Now another update has been released??? Is it safe to update to .49, guys?? Any changes from Luma ??

Last edited by Vaan red,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated to 11.16.0.48 almost yesterday . LOL. Now another update has been released??? Is it safe to update to .49, guys?? Any changes from Luma ??
Yes, it's safe. And your system should boot as normal if you already have the latest Luma3DS (v.11).
Now, what i don't understand is why/how it didn't update directly to fw ver. -49 instead of -48 ,because it's been out for a while now..

Reactions: Kwyjor

Vaan red

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, it's safe. And your system should boot as normal if you already have the latest Luma3DS (v.11).
Now, what i don't understand is why/how it didn't update directly to fw ver. -49 instead of -48 ,because it's been out for a while now..
I said "almost yesterday" figurative speech. lol. It was probably in late August. Can't recall. Only opened my 3ds again today.

Cadi149

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, on my old 2ds to finish thé installation i’ve to click on FBI but i’ve got an unexpected error arm11 core1. I’ve tried to reinstall all lastest versions but same issue. Any solutions ?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, on my old 2ds to finish thé installation i’ve to click on FBI but i’ve got an unexpected error arm11 core1. I’ve tried to reinstall all lastest versions but same issue. Any solutions ?
Redownload the .3dsx file of fbi and try again. Can you run any .3dsx file fine without giving you errors? Otherwise you might need to check that sd card for errors with h2testw (if you haven't already)..

Cadi149

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Redownload the .3dsx file of fbi and try again. Can you run any .3dsx file fine without giving you errors? Otherwise you might need to check that sd card for errors with
Thx for youranswer i will try with anoter card. I’ve tried to format and reinstall but same issue

RookieKid

Trophies
XP
Country
I followed the instructions, I downloaded the Zip-file and extracted boot.3dx. and boot.firm and replaced the files on my sd-card. But when I go to settings and to do an system update, it says that I already have the latest version installed (which on my console is 11.16.0. )

I tried going click on "Luma3DS Updater", but that failed.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the instructions, I downloaded the Zip-file and extracted boot.3dx. and boot.firm and replaced the files on my sd-card. But when I go to settings and to do an system update, it says that I already have the latest version installed (which on my console is 11.16.0. )
replacing the files is all you have to do.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But when I go to settings and to do an system update, it says that I already have the latest version installed (which on my console is 11.16.0. )
Well, you can't update it if it's already on the latest firmware (which is 11.16.0-49 btw).
I tried going click on "Luma3DS Updater", but that failed.
That's outdated. Don't use it.

Reactions: RookieKid

RookieKid

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried deleting them and replacing them again with new newly downloaded files. But I still get the same result, it doesn't update. Godmode9 is up to date though.

On my sd-card, in the main folder, were i pasted boot.3dsx and boot.firm there seems to be some extra files; boot.firm.bak, hbl.3dsx, paste_ntrboot.gm9. When I compare my folder with an older tutorial video on youtube, these files don't exist in the tutorial video. Should I delete these files?

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
When I compare my folder with an older tutorial video on youtube, these files don't exist in the tutorial video. Should I delete these files?
Don't follow video guides because they are really quick outdated. To update luma, use either the universal updater or put the boot.firm manually on the root of your sd. That's all.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried deleting them and replacing them again with new newly downloaded files.
Just get the latest Luma3DS files (Boot.firm & boot.3dsx) from the link above, and paste them on the root of the sdcard. dassit!
But I still get the same result, it doesn't update.
What "same result"? And what do you mean "it doesn't update"? The fact that your 3ds boots to the home menu, means that Luma3DS is working (updated or not).
When I compare my folder with an older tutorial video on youtube, these files don't exist in the tutorial video.
🤦🏻‍♂️ You are wasting your time..
Should I delete these files?
No.

RookieKid

Trophies
XP
Country
I downloaded Boot.firm & boot.3dsx from the link above, twice now, and replaced the old Boot.firm & boot.3dsx that was on my sd-card with the new files. But when I try to do an update, it still says that I already have the latest version installed (which according to my system is 11.16.0.). I also tried the universal updater. I can't recall having any issues like this before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny